Guerlain discussion

bis

[quote name="HerGreyness" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/210#post_2096771"] bis.. I hear ya.. that is what ususally happens when we buy wrong colours.. we have to buff them to oblivion... not worth it.
[/quote] 100% with you. [quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/210#post_2096806"]

Thanks! I probably should be looking at 01 then. I don't liking buffing out or loading on more finishing powder when it gets too dark. 

[/quote] Yes, can end up turning into an uncool look. Give it a try and I would apply the bronzer myself with a brush you would use. That's what the Guerlain lady told me when I bought mine to make sure I get the right colour.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I tried the Guerlain "match your shade" test and I'd advise taking its results with a grain of salt. I entered my hair colour- brunette, since the only choices are blonde or brunette- and my skin colour, fair. It recommended the "01" colour- the lightest shade for brunettes. But in person, I've found that the lightest shade for blondes borders on too dark for me. It's a pretty simple test, but there's no replacement for in-person swatching, if you can do it, or, as a back-up, seeing the product on someone with a similar skin tone to you.

pippa!

i ordered the meteorites pressed pearls the other day & can't wait for it to arrive! it'll be my first guerlain purchase & i'm quite keen to try more of the brand - i've got my eye on the loose kohl next :) can anyone recommend any must haves that i should check out?

Miss QQ

The terra inca powder looks very special! I thought the kohl pencil's packaging looks a bit bulky and clumsy in pictures but in the video it looks quite easy to use. And the best part is that she said they are self sharpening. So excited about this summer collection! I must start saving for it!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, before I just wanted the Terra Inca powder for its packaging. Now I want it because it looks like a beautiful product as well. This is quite possibly the Summer collection I'm most looking forward to...

Miss QQ

Me too, the summer collection I'm most excited about! What do you think of the eyeshadow palette? The colours are gorgeous, but it looks quite hard to use the individual colours.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Me too, the summer collection I'm most excited about! What do you think of the eyeshadow palette? The colours are gorgeous, but it looks quite hard to use the individual colours.

It definitely looks challenging and given the fact that Guerlain quads are so expensive, I'm not inclined to take a chance to see if I can work with it. It does look lovely, though...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Saw that someone had posted the link in another thread, so I thought I'd drop it in here as well...
eeksign.gif
I'm doomed, definitely doomed...

http://karlasugar.net/2011/04/guerlain-rouge-automatique/

Shypo

Oh my.
th_WeAreDoomed.png
Again, how do you choose????
girlhaha.gif

I'm going to check out the bronzers this weekend - I have one from a long time ago, and don't really use it - I need something not so dark.....

On a different note, I just received my shadows in D'un Reve, Coquin and D'une Emotion - wow, they are SO pretty! My first non-quad shadow purchase from Guerlain......

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone tell me if the new pressed Météorites have the same amount of shimmer as the loose pearl ones? I have the loose ones in 01, but I never use them because they have way too much shimmer for my taste. I'm interested in the pressed ones, but only if they have less shimmer. I don't have the chance to check them out in person unfortunately, no Guerlain counter anywhere near me. Maaaybe I would order them tomorrow, together with one of the new Rouge Automatiques (they're already up for pre order, but won't be deliverd before May), Glamour shopping week starts tomorrow and I could save some money ordering both.
Looking at Karlasugar's swatches of the Automatiques, I think I want the 160.

bis

[quote name="Naynadine" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/210#post_2104453"] Can anyone tell me if the new pressed Météorites have the same amount of shimmer as the loose pearl ones? I have the loose ones in 01, but I never use them because they have way too much shimmer for my taste. I'm interested in the pressed ones, but only if they have less shimmer. I don't have the chance to check them out in person unfortunately, no Guerlain counter anywhere near me. Maaaybe I would order them tomorrow, together with one of the new Rouge Automatiques (they're already up for pre order, but won't be deliverd before May), Glamour shopping week starts tomorrow and I could save some money ordering both.
Looking at Karlasugar's swatches of the Automatiques, I think I want the 160.
[/quote] Do you mean this one? no, no shimmer. Back when I looked at it I did not get it because I did not see the difference to the MSFN. Maybe I'll have another look when I finished my MSFN. Is there already a release date for the Aromatiques? After seeing Champs Elysees on T. I am craving it. No sure though if I like the packaging....

Shypo

Yes, I recall someone (maybe MissQQ) mentioning that the packaging might take a bit to get used to - why do they have to sacrifice function for art?
th_wink3.gif
Apparently you have to be somewhat picky about how the cap goes down or something.....I love the simplicity of Chanel (the RAs) and detest the Dior Addict packaging (love the new colors, though)...it's a shame the packaging has to get in the way of an otherwise great product!

User38

oy.. you need an engineer to open some of these ls.. lol.

I have nightmares of opening/closing Rouge G
ohboy.gif

Miss QQ

^^ I didn't know the Rouge G are difficult to open/close. Good thing I don't own any.

Yeah Cheryl. I read a review from a blog but can't remember which. She said we need to twist the bullet high up to apply or turn the lipstick around and apply with the back (curve) of the bullet because the little sliding knob is getting in the way. But we have to see/try it in person first. I agree that the shades look beautiful.

I just realise in the promo pic, the model is holding the lipstick with the front facing us. Maybe this is really how it should be applied, or they just want to show the sliding lever.

User38

@ 46 a piece,, they should at least build something more user friendly imo. I have cut off the tops of two already -- and I am no newbie to mu.. lol

Latest posts