Guerlain discussion

Miss QQ

^^ Didn't know this blush is so popular. I finally saw it two days ago and swatched it. I didn't buy it so I shall wait and see. It is really pricey but there are four colours in there, which is a plus.

The first counter I went to it was sold out, from the second I got the last one. Yay for duty free
smiles.gif
Enjoy! Pleased to hear you managed to get one before it was sold out. Do you mix all the colours together or do you prefer to use perhaps 2 colours? When i swatched it, I could see the gold too and I'm not sure if it will work on me.

bis

MissQQ, the Gold was the reason I tried it twice. The first time it was really obvious, but at least stayed on my cheeks. Second time it was a lot less golden. The colour is very nice and not warm, but probably not unique. Love the texture a lot though. And the best thing is it does not smell like violets. So far I only have been using the two lighter stripes, it's really pigmented. Meg, let me know if I should try to find one for you. Hope you find one for a good price. Have you tried nordstroms? If I remember the look for items all over the country for you. Btw, if I remember correctly T. said MA looks just like the guerlain blush.

Miss QQ

Thanks! Haven't seen MA because it is not launched here yet, but I like the look of it from pics. I also like the two lighter strips in blush G, and I'm pleased to hear it is not warm.

Camnagem

Meg, let me know if I should try to find one for you. Hope you find one for a good price. Have you tried nordstroms? If I remember the look for items all over the country for you.
That's so sweet of you! Thanks so much for the offer Birgit!
friends.gif

I have Nordies searching for me and my SIL is checking around her area for me. I'll let you know if I need an international spy!
graucho.gif

User38

bis.. I beg to difer again with T.. lol

Rouge G is a distant cousin.. pretty for sure, but not a dupe. The primary reason is texture and clarity of colour.. RG has a lot more going for it (price too!).

Meggy.. hope you find one! .. I saw it at Nordies a few days ago.. but I think they sold out too...If you don't find one, let me know I am going abroad first days of MArch.. maybe at an internation DF, I can score you one!

bis

^^^ HerGreyness, I actually love that you do not agree :D I heard such great things about the WW blushes and wanted to look at MA. Since they are not close .... :winkiss: Unfortunately also right about DF. Shiphol is ok, Heathrow as well. You are right about the texture, it is amazing and like MissQQ said, you have several colours in the compact (which is amazing btw).

User38

bis.. I really think the MA blush should have been just the brighter side and not washed out by the lighter peachy side.. but, they do what they want when they go into production and package.. I do have the MA blush, both sides, as individual pans.. and I also bought one for the crazy case.. lol. But, I have a tendency to disagree with a lot of blogger's posts since I do feel that they can be biased.

YAY.. I love Schiphol..and Heathrow.. going to be hitting either one in March !

katred

Specktra Bestie
OK, that does it, I can't stand it anymore. I'm get paid in a couple of days and when I do, I'm getting the damn blush. Fortunately, there are a lot of drug stores around here that carry it, so not all of them can be sold out. Failing that, there are a bunch of department stores that have it... I cannot resist the call of the blush...

katred

Specktra Bestie
I did it! I did it! I got the damn blush, so now I can sleep at night!! Woohoo! OK, this really isn't going to change my life, but it just feels good to have it. In the 15 or so times I've swatched it on my hand (no, that isn't a joke), I've never seen anything that looked quite like it. I felt badly, because the person who was working when I bought it was totally trying to do this sales pitch on me and I was like "Yeah, yeah, I know, wonderful, brilliant, can use the different halves, mirror, brush, whatever, I just want to buy the damn thing." I hope he at least made commission for having to deal with me...

OK, that does it, I can't stand it anymore. I'm get paid in a couple of days and when I do, I'm getting the damn blush. Fortunately, there are a lot of drug stores around here that carry it, so not all of them can be sold out. Failing that, there are a bunch of department stores that have it... I cannot resist the call of the blush...

Shypo

lol.gif
Welcome to the ranks of the poor cosmetic addicts! Glad you found it! I love mine - I held off as long as I could, and then when I saw Nordies online was out, I snapped it up at Sephora. I'm glad you'll be able to sleep now!
sleepy.gif

User38

yahoo.gif
I love this blush.. will be wearing it tonight.. !

mrslid.. lol.. I have seen this on NMs site, and it boggles the mind.. they also make a lot of typos in the names
sigh.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
rofl.gif
Oh that is brilliant! I love things like that!!! Based on experience, I can tell you exactly how that came to be, because I've seen them before. I'm almost certain that blurb was written in French originally, then translated word for word, rather than using the spirit of what was written. I used to work for a France-based company and things like that used to cross my desk every day. This one has all the hallmarks, including several key terms that cropped up a lot, of a bad translation job.

mrslid

rofl.gif
Oh that is brilliant! I love things like that!!! Based on experience, I can tell you exactly how that came to be, because I've seen them before. I'm almost certain that blurb was written in French originally, then translated word for word, rather than using the spirit of what was written. I used to work for a France-based company and things like that used to cross my desk every day. This one has all the hallmarks, including several key terms that cropped up a lot, of a bad translation job.

Even funnier than the product description is the color swatches when you scroll down. That was my intent behind the post LOL I dn't know about you but I always wanted a complexion that looks like newborn baby poop
rofl.gif

Shypo

They must have changed something - am I seeing the right thing? The swatches look gross......not sure about the translation comments (I think they must have changed something?)......?

jlnicolas

anyone searching for the blush g have any luck? i am still in search :(
let me know if anyone manages to locate one, thanks a bunch!

Alisha1

The summer collection
jawdrop.gif

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2011/02/guerlain-terracotta-inca-summer-2011.html

....in love....

Latest posts