Guerlain discussion

Ingenue

I used the blush again today, and noticed that my cheeks looked far less shimmery than the first and second times I tried it on. So I looked closer at the blush pan underneath bright bathroom light and I suspect that there's a slight overspray of larger shimmer (sort of like the Chanel Tweeds). Because the extra shimmer was still present along the edges of my pan (where my brush wouldn't reach), but much less shimmery around the center (where I usually sweep my brush).

I decided to take back Bella Bamba and keep this sucker. Fuchsia Delice and the Beige powder came home with me today too. Yikes, I was not counting on liking this collection so much.
girlhaha.gif
omg!
girlhaha.gif
I agree that the blush is STUNNING to look at. I just looked at the color payoff... and the price... and, well.
angelic.gif

juujubes

I purchased Frizzy Mango, the peach gloss, today and I absolutely love it! It is seriously *stunning* on the lips alone or worn over another lip product! The manager told me that it was permanent, so you do not need to rush. She also let me see the Summer 2011 promo in her book and O.M.G...*drools. *wipes away drool*, she also told me that Guerlain is releasing a new lipstick called Rouge L'Automatique, which is supposed to be a throwback to the vintage style lipsticks.

User38

I spent an arm and half a leg for a bunch of creams and the meteorites powder and the fuschia blush
blush-anim-cl.gif

Funny.. my SA told me the meteorites powders were LE. I tried it in store and it's the best pressed powder i've ever used. It's very light so don't count on it to provide much coverage. I have combination/oily skin so the "mattifying" aspect of it is a big winner for me as it managed to reduce the shine that comes on 3-4 hours after i apply my foundation.

If this isn't LE i'll be glad. it's the only product i ever considered getting a backup for.

Could you share what you saw in the book? would love to know what guerlain has in store for summer

katred

Specktra Bestie
Holy *$@&!!! The blush is $76 Canadian!! Thats ridiculous! Our $ is par with the US $ right now. Man it infuriates me that they overcharge us for everything.

I had the same reaction. How ridiculous is it that we have to pay more than $10 more than the US??? Every time I swatch the blush I love it more. I think it would be a lovely looking colour on me and I could wear it either lightly or a little more dramatically on hot summer nights (they are coming back eventually, right?), but I cannot justify spending that on one item.

Honey&LemonGirl

@colorcorner: I recently emailed Guerlain's customer service and they told me: "I have the pleasure to inform you that Meteorites Illuminating & Mattifying Pressed Powder will be on permanent to the Guerlain product line." Good thing too, since 02 Beige sold out crazy fast.

@Honey&LemonGirl that's great news! Thanks for the heads up

SO I have a meteorites question - is Teint Beige and Perles d'Or similar enough for me to let one go? I just noticed that both of them have the same colored pearls (except perles d'or have a purple one shade darker), I swatched them over the back of my hand and couldn't see the difference.

If anyone has both powders I would appreciate your feedback :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks, I hadn't seen the review, but now I want the Rue de Rivoli shadows... I found that the blush looked nicer when I swatched it than it does in the photo... I can't quite describe it, but it just has a tropical kind of mango & berry quality... personally, I'm happy that the gold is an overspray, since I can live without it (although I'd be even happier with no overspray at all)... I'm still torturing myself with thoughts of suddenly being able to afford it... I do absolutely love Rouge Sensuel.

Honey&LemonGirl

I'd have to say that the Blush G has been my go-to favorite for the past two weeks, which is really unusual for me because I'm a mad blush addict who can't seem to ever wear the same thing twice in a row. But the sheen it gives the skin is just really indescribable, it's a beautiful and easy highlight/blush combo that catches the light on the tops of your cheekbones in the most flattering way.

And after a good number of uses, it's safe to say that the Blush G actually has less shimmer to it than Chanel's Espiegle (though I love Espiegle's golden shimmery-ness too). The first and second times I used it, I definitely thought it was as shimmery as Espiegle, but now that I've given it good use & worn down the slight overspray, the difference between the two is much clearer.

Fuchsia Delice and the mattifying powder are both winners too. Guerlain wins, hands down, in my book for favorite Spring collection this year.
love.gif

bis

[quote name="Winthrop44" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/150#post_2076979"] Have y'all seen Karla's review?

http://karlasugar.net/2011/01/guerlain-spring-2011-sur-mes-levres/

[/quote] No idea if my post makes it this time. No idea why I cannot post here. I tried the blush in store and it was actually lovely on and no burning on my skin, but that might just be the tester. I was the first to try it and the gold sparkles were visible, but not annoyingly so and they stayed on my cheeks and were not migrating around my face. I think I do not have a colour like this, but for me it is double y our price and I am not sure if I will get it for the price. But I will get it if I should find it cheaper. Oh, and it is a very pigmented blush. They did not have the Meteorites powder in yet.

hear hear! Guerlain's range was the only one I was really excited about for spring 2011..

I heard most places have Blush G sold out a week ago though, so good luck to anyone who's hunting for it!

Honey&LemonGirl

If you're on the hunt, Sephora is going to have Guerlain's spring collex (or at least part of it) in stock soon. The product page for the Blush G is already up, but there's still a "not in stock" label on it, so probably give it a week or two before you can add it to your shopping cart.

katred

Specktra Bestie
hear hear! Guerlain's range was the only one I was really excited about for spring 2011..

I heard most places have Blush G sold out a week ago though, so good luck to anyone who's hunting for it!

Interesting. I haven't come across a single place in Montreal that's sold out of it. Possibly because consumers walk away in a huff, thinking that the sales associates are making fun of them when they say it costs $76.

bis

So, after a lot of thinking about it I finally decided to get the G blush. I tried it twice and loved it, the gold seems to be an overspray and it makes me look healthy and happy. The first counter I went to it was sold out, from the second I got the last one. Yay for duty free :)

Camnagem

I seriously think I'm gonna cave in on this one...

Me too. Now that it's sold out everywhere...sigh. After being ok with skipping it after a "meh" review from my SIL, I'm now in serious regret mode. I should have just ordered one when I had the chance. Blah!!! Now I'll have to pay way more than retail somewhere...if I can find it!

If anyone happens to see one for sale for a decent price, I'd love to know where. Thanks!

Latest posts