Guerlain discussion

powderprincess

I went by the Guerlain counter to check out the new blush after all the fab reviews I have read. It was pretty, but nothing special in my opinion, especially for the $67 price tag. I bought the new Chanel blush instead.

Camnagem

Here's another review for the blush:

http://cafemakeup.com/2011/01/guerlain-serie-noir-blush-g/

It really looks gorgeous, but I just don't think I can fork over the cash for it. We'll see...
girlhaha.gif

Miss QQ

powderprincess, that's great. I'm going to pass this for Chanel's new peach blush too!

winthrop, my last bit of lemming for this blush has been killed too! Wallet is relieved!

On the other hand, I'm thinking of getting the holiday loose pearls, if they are still available. The department store is having a sale this weekend, so I'll drop by the counter to take a look.

mrslid

I've lost interest in the blush thanks to all the shimmer comments. Yay for my wallet!

Me too! Well not all interest but I think this will keep me from getting it and I definately need to skip it. Chanel Spring has sucked me dry for a while!

bis

Yes, I saw Amys post, too. I am just confused that she as a NC15 is wearing the #2 shade, it looks so dark in her pictures.

bis

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read T. review, I think I need to look at it in person. Then I remembered that Guerlain recommends the Rose coloured pearls in 02 for freshness. So maybe the pink one is a good idea after all :dunno: Will check tomorrow or on Saturday if my counter already got the collection, they are expecting it mid January.

Honey&LemonGirl

I got my two items (the blush and the Rouge G #71 Rose Desir) today! Here's my quickie review:

For the blush: I REALLY wanted to hate this. $65 is highway robbery for a blush, and I was hoping I'd hate it so I could return it. Unfortunately, the color is lovely. It's not unique in the pan or when I swatch it on the back of my hand, but for some reason it really looks like an incredibly natural glow on my cheeks. For my skintone (NC23ish), it does exactly what it claims, "the secret to a healthy glow". I LOVE the color of it, but the shimmer is definitely there. If there was one thing I could change about it (besides, uh, the price!) it would probably be the shimmer. If you've test-driven the new Chanel blush (Espiegle), the shimmer size is very similar in the Guerlain blush. It's not apparent from about 1-foot away, but if you get any closer, you can see the shimmer.

Verdict: Undecided. The color is heaven, but the shimmer is a turn-off! Might take it back to the counter and exchange it for the Beige pressed powder.

For the lippie: Sheer, very shimmery. The shimmer particles are not straight silver or straight golden, but that sort of multi-colored shimmer? The color is a bit lighter than I was hoping for. The packaging is to DIE for. I wish they packaged all of the Rouge Gs in black packaging, it just looks so cool!

Verdict: Probably exchanging it for Fuchsia Delice. Less shimmer, deeper color.

Miss QQ

Can't wait to hear what you ladies think of the new powder. My Guerlain counter gets new collections very late.

Camnagem

Well...I've decided the blush is an easy pass for me. My Sister in Law ordered it and called me up with her review last night: she's exchanging it for other things. She said the color in the pan is gorgeous (as we can see in photos), but once on her skin it's not mind blowing, far from unique, and way too shimmery for her. We have similar taste in colors, and she assured me I already own something I'll like more. Enough said, I'm passing.

The pressed powder however, I will be getting! I just need to figure out which shade will be the best for me.

Honey&LemonGirl

Yep, I gave Rose Desir another chance today, but the shimmer particles ended up all around the edges of my mouth. Definitely a no-go for me. Can anyone say whether Fuchsia Delice is shimmery or not?

Everyone is saying the pressed powder is quite sheer, so I think Beige should work fine for my complexion. The Rose shade might make me look a little ashy.
001_unsure.gif

pond23

I'm going to pass on the Guerlain blush too. I have way too many blushes as it is, and $65 is just too much. Plus, Nordstrom.com is sold out of it for the time being.

I am going to test out the pressed powders in person. Either I will buy one of these, or I will just skip this whole collection in its entirety.

Ingenue

Yep, I gave Rose Desir another chance today, but the shimmer particles ended up all around the edges of my mouth. Definitely a no-go for me. Can anyone say whether Fuchsia Delice is shimmery or not?

Everyone is saying the pressed powder is quite sheer, so I think Beige should work fine for my complexion. The Rose shade might make me look a little ashy.
001_unsure.gif
NOT shimmery Honey&LemonGirl. I've worn Fuchsia Delice a number of times now... no shimmer.

mrslid

Holy *$@&!!! The blush is $76 Canadian!! Thats ridiculous! Our $ is par with the US $ right now. Man it infuriates me that they overcharge us for everything.

Honey&LemonGirl

I used the blush again today, and noticed that my cheeks looked far less shimmery than the first and second times I tried it on. So I looked closer at the blush pan underneath bright bathroom light and I suspect that there's a slight overspray of larger shimmer (sort of like the Chanel Tweeds). Because the extra shimmer was still present along the edges of my pan (where my brush wouldn't reach), but much less shimmery around the center (where I usually sweep my brush).

I decided to take back Bella Bamba and keep this sucker. Fuchsia Delice and the Beige powder came home with me today too. Yikes, I was not counting on liking this collection so much.
girlhaha.gif