Guerlain discussion

Honey&LemonGirl

I totally agree, it's definitely wearable for me. And the more I look at the swatches, the more I think about how I could rearrange my spending and budget somehow to fit this in. :(

mrslid

Yes exactly! Totally wearable and gorgeous plus it will bring a smile to our face every time we bring it out ;-) I must say though it looks pretty comical how much of it Christine is wearing on Temptalia ... Kinda clownish lol

Camnagem

Oh wow! I'm really loving that blush!
love.gif

I didn't plan on wanting it, but after seeing more pictures and swatches...how can I possibly pass on it? I love that you can tailor it to your specific needs each time you wear it (one of the reasons I'm so in love with MAC's blush ombres). Maybe Santa will let me pick up both the balls AND this new blush for Christmas? We'll have to see...

Miss QQ

Do you like the holiday loose balls? I tried it on the back of my hands and could see the sparkles so I wasn't sure if I could use it all over my face as a normal loose powder.
Girl, I swear they make you look glowy, you will glow like the elves in Lord of the Rings. And I also firmly believe that the pressed pearls are a lot less glittery than actuall balls. Tried and tested and made the SA doubt my sanity.
So the pressed pearls or loose balls gives a more beautiful effect? The loose balls are more famous than the pressed ones from what I know.

bis

So the pressed pearls or loose balls gives a more beautiful effect? The loose balls are more famous than the pressed ones from what I know.

I really think it depends what you are looking for. On me both have this nice glowy effect, but the pressed pearls have less glitter. When I tried out the balls small glitter chunks were visible on my face. I would live with them in parts of my face, but not all over. Then the SA asked me if I wanted to try the pressed pearls and they gave me the same effect sans the glitter, so I went with them.
Glitter is highly personal and I prefer the pressed version also because it travels easier (smaller packaging). If you want I could make a swatch and show you what the pressed pearls look like?
And most people have the balls, they are definitely more famous.

mrslid

In stand corrected... I wore the holiday meteorites last night and they are a bit more shimmery than the regular ones. I too almost bought the pressed pearls so there would be less glitter but the packaging was really ugly plastic and I I couldn't make myself do it :-( It looks like these new ones will be Perfect!

User38

read on Chanel thread (snuck in and snuck out !) that you were going for eye surgery Mrslid.. best of luck -- my prayers will be with you
friends.gif

Miss QQ

I really think it depends what you are looking for. On me both have this nice glowy effect, but the pressed pearls have less glitter. When I tried out the balls small glitter chunks were visible on my face. I would live with them in parts of my face, but not all over. Then the SA asked me if I wanted to try the pressed pearls and they gave me the same effect sans the glitter, so I went with them.
Glitter is highly personal and I prefer the pressed version also because it travels easier (smaller packaging). If you want I could make a swatch and show you what the pressed pearls look like?
And most people have the balls, they are definitely more famous.
Thanks! It's all right, you don't have to go to the trouble to swatch them. I will look at them at the counter. I like glitter as highlight over parts of my face but not all over my face. But if the glitter is very fine I can accept it.

mrslid

Thank HerGreyness! I'm getting kind of nervous but mostly excited! It will be so worth it in the long run. MissQQ the glitter is very, very fine. I'm a huge glitterphobe and I can deal with it ;-)

TheTeenageMuse

I've literally been drooling over that blush since she released the post. I love the colour and I think it would be stunning on my dark skintone but I am REALLY trying to get my spending habits in check for Uni next year. Do you think she's right about deep throat being a dupe? ....maybe I should just eff uni and get it..heh heh.

Miss QQ

I wonder if the blush will look too orange on me. I love the look of the powder in the compact, but no the outer packaging.

Honey&LemonGirl

The Spring collection is now up for grabs on the Nordstrom website. It's also up for pre-order on the Saks website. :) I picked up the gorgeous blush as well as the #71 Rouge G. The sleek black casing is so irresistible, even more than the usual silver packaging!

bis

Honey&LemonGirl, did you already get the blush? I like the look of it, but I do not want it if it looks like Orgasm. So agree with you on the packaging, it's devine. The collection will be available mid of January. For Christmas I got the Bee lipstick from the Holiday collection. The colour is pure :love:, just amazing and the little bee on it is so cute, but the packaging itself is enormous and really heavy. And the silver sparkle in it falls all over my face after a while. Sparkles on my chin, how weird is this? Wear very well and the colour is really amazing.

User38

thanks for the heads up H&Lgirl.. I want to order it this weekend so that it will be here for me when I return next week -- I want to use it on vacation..

meg..I am getting the light cause the second shade will def be too dark on me even for summer since I don't tan much... I am still MAC NC15-20 at my darkest for ref.... I am wondering if that was the muse's hand or face ?
001_unsure.gif