Guerlain discussion

Camnagem

meg..I am getting the light cause the second shade will def be too dark on me even for summer since I don't tan much... I am still MAC NC15-20 at my darkest for ref.... I am wondering if that was the muse's hand or face ?
001_unsure.gif
I'll be getting the lightest shade too (Teint Rose, I think?). She mentioned they run on the lighter side, but I have such fair skin anyway...I can't imagine that being too light for me. I avoid the sun at all costs and hardly tan even the slightest bit, so my pale self should be safe, lol.

Are you getting the blush? It looks so gorgeous!
sigh.gif

Ingenue

I did a review on my blog:
http://shahadakarim.blogspot.com/2011/01/guerlain-spring-2011-ehhhhhhhhhhhh.html

I have to say, this collection let me down. I REALLY wanted to love it. But I don't. The packaging is STUNNING, but that's about it.

pond23

I will be getting the new Guerlain blush with my Nordstrom Notes. I am undecided on the Meteorites pressed powder compact. I have neutral to slightly yellow undertones, but I am very fair (MAC NC15), so I would probably get the Teint Rosee.

I think the Muse tested the powder on her hand. She threw me for a loop when she recommended the #2 shade. I need to test these out in person first.

bis

Does anyone happen to know what the difference between the new Meteorites and the current ones is? I have the pressed Meteorites in 01 and I thought the new ones are just skin coloured powder, but one site mentioned that they seem to work like the coloured Meteorites?! :shrugs: Or in other words, so I need them? ;) I am sure sure about the blush either. I do not have Orgasm as I always found it to be a glittery mess, but I am not sure I am happy with the colour. If I will get it I will use vouchers for it. Thanks for your review Ingenue, my wallet was very relieved to see that the lippies are a letdown and the blush was like Orgasm.

Ingenue

You're welcome bis! I'm always game for a fabulous Guerlain ANYTHING... but I really feel that this collection does not warrant the price. The packaging is AMAZING. But that's what you're paying for. The blush looks like NARS orgasm, the lippies are a bit on the waxy side, and the eyeshadow palette is so sheer that I'm STILL trying figure out what you're paying $84 for. The shadow singles are heavily pigmented... but the white looks like any shimmer white from any given makeup line, the matte grey looks like the matte grey version from Make Up For Ever (I forget the number) and the shimmer brown looks like NARS Mekong...but Mekong is richer in color and depth. I wasn't a fan of the glosses either. They're nice (non sticky) but not noteworthy. If you want to spend on the packaging... go for it. But if you're looking for product performance, I personally feel like this collection is a pass.

Ingenue

I didn't mess with the Meteorites in this collection. I have the loose in 01... which works perfectly for me. The pressed versions have never worked as well for me, so I didn't even test these new ones.

bis

[quote name="Ingenue" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/120#post_2071399"] You're welcome bis! I'm always game for a fabulous Guerlain ANYTHING... but I really feel that this collection does not warrant the price. The packaging is AMAZING. But that's what you're paying for. The blush looks like NARS orgasm, the lippies are a bit on the waxy side, and the eyeshadow palette is so sheer that I'm STILL trying figure out what you're paying $84 for. The shadow singles are heavily pigmented... but the white looks like any shimmer white from any given makeup line, the matte grey looks like the matte grey version from Make Up For Ever (I forget the number) and the shimmer brown looks like NARS Mekong...but Mekong is richer in color and depth. I wasn't a fan of the glosses either. They're nice (non sticky) but not noteworthy. If you want to spend on the packaging... go for it. But if you're looking for product performance, I personally feel like this collection is a pass.

[/quote] Thanks again, the only thing I was interested in was the blush and the fuchsia lipstick (which is off the list now because of your review and Bee). So, if I do not have Orgasm and find it too glittery, do you think I would like the blush? [quote name="Ingenue" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/120#post_2071402"] I didn't mess with the Meteorites in this collection. I have the loose in 01... which works perfectly for me. The pressed versions have never worked as well for me, so I didn't even test these new ones.
[/quote] Oh, that's interesting. I think with the Meteorites it's even worse than foundation ;) I tested the "normal" ones and found them too glittery, so I went with the pressed ones that are just amazing. The collection should be available next week at the latest, so I will test it out. :)

Honey&LemonGirl

Sorry bis, I won't be getting my package till Thursday, so I don't have my own review of the blush & lippie yet, but I just found a review and swatches by The Beauty Look Book here: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/01/guerlain-spring-2011-picks-serie-noire.html

NaturalNChicMakeup (I think she's a Specktra user too?) also has blush swatches here: http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/01/guerlain-blush-g-serie-noire-swatches.html

And also the swatches of the rest of the collection here: http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/01/guerlain-spring-2011-collection.html

I am kind of loving the Fuchsia Delice color in the swatches, so I might have to exchange the Rose Desir color I ordered for that one. It looks very flattering on you, Ingenue!!

bis

Thanks a lot for all the swatches Honey&LemonGirl! On BeautyLookBook she writes that it applies like a cool-pink version of NARS Orgasm blush on her, NaturalCHicMakeup also says it's more pink. Need to check the glitter factor irl, but I am still intrigued. Hope you enjoy your package :)

Ingenue

The collection should be available next week at the latest, so I will test it out.
smiles.gif
Okay, now I'm going to go try the Pressed Meteorites. The loose ones aren't glittery on my at ALL. Hmm....

Now, if you want the blush for the packaging... go for it. Swatch it first. If you don't like Orgasm, I don't think you're going to like the blush. It's VERY shimmery. There's shimmer in every single color. So definitely try it out and wear it natural light (you know store lighting can be so awful sometimes).

Now I'm going to go try the pressed Meteorites... as if I need to give Guerlain any MORE of my money!
lol.gif

Ingenue

Sorry bis, I won't be getting my package till Thursday, so I don't have my own review of the blush & lippie yet, but I just found a review and swatches by The Beauty Look Book here: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/01/guerlain-spring-2011-picks-serie-noire.html

NaturalNChicMakeup (I think she's a Specktra user too?) also has blush swatches here: http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/01/guerlain-blush-g-serie-noire-swatches.html

And also the swatches of the rest of the collection here: http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2011/01/guerlain-spring-2011-collection.html

I am kind of loving the Fuchsia Delice color in the swatches, so I might have to exchange the Rose Desir color I ordered for that one. It looks very flattering on you, Ingenue!!
Thanks Honey & Lemon Girl! I'm wearing it today (I'm keeping it 'cause at this point I can't take it back... that would be gross) and it's NOT fuchsia. Just keep that in mind when you get it. It's pink. It IS more flattering than any of the other lippies in that collectionn. I REALLY wanted the orange one, but when it went coral on me, I had to let it go.

mrslid

Now, if you want the blush for the packaging... go for it. Swatch it first. If you don't like Orgasm, I don't think you're going to like the blush. It's VERY shimmery. There's shimmer in every single color. So definitely try it out and wear it natural light (you know store lighting can be so awful sometimes).

Now I'm going to go try the pressed Meteorites... as if I need to give Guerlain any MORE of my money!
lol.gif

Thank you!! I think you've saved me from the blush. I don't like overly shimmery blushes (or anything for that matter). The amount of subtle shimmer in Chanel JCs is about the max I can handle in a blush.

I'm currently trying to work out a swap for the Fuchsia Delice but I'm wondering if I should bother. It is so much $ for a lipstick even from a swap. I'm having a hard time trying to find other stuff of her's I'd like to balance out what she wants so I wonder if I should just forget it? It's the only way I would ever consider trying a Rouge G though so it may be my only shot. How sheer is it? I'm really not a fan of super sheer lipsticks.

bis

[quote name="Ingenue" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/120#post_2071767"]

Okay, now I'm going to go try the Pressed Meteorites. The loose ones aren't glittery on my at ALL. Hmm....

lol.gif

[/quote] :lol: I thought I was here to be enabled and not to enable ;) I found glitter to be very subjective on the skin and some types I can takes and others not, so I will definitely swatch it.

Ingenue

bis, I think to some degree we all enable each other!

Yeah... now I'm back off to the Guerlain counter to swatch the pressed meteorites. Shame!
SOS.gif

Ingenue

Quote:Originally Posted by mrslid

lol.gif

Thank you!! I think you've saved me from the blush. I don't like overly shimmery blushes (or anything for that matter). The amount of subtle shimmer in Chanel JCs is about the max I can handle in a blush.

I'm currently trying to work out a swap for the Fuchsia Delice but I'm wondering if I should bother. It is so much $ for a lipstick even from a swap. I'm having a hard time trying to find other stuff of her's I'd like to balance out what she wants so I wonder if I should just forget it? It's the only way I would ever consider trying a Rouge G though so it may be my only shot. How sheer is it? I'm really not a fan of super sheer lipsticks.

Camnagem

I LOVE the name "Frizzy Mango"!
girlhaha.gif

It's so pretty in swatches, but really the name is adorable and I think I might want it for that alone (lol...sad). I've never tried a Kiss Kiss Gloss, do they wear well? Is there any fragrance or taste?

mrslid

I have one Kiss Kiss gloss and love it. It wears wells for a gloss. It does have a very, very mild fragrance which I really love and I usually hate fragrance. I can't really pinpoint what it smells like though?

Miss QQ

I have the green kisskiss gloss. It's effect is very pretty, and the gloss is thick. I find the scent too strong. It is a fruity scent, unlike Chanel's rose scent which I like.

There's a review and pics on the spring pressed powder. It looks beautiful, though I'm not sure again if I'll splurge.

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2011/01/guerlain-meteorites-compact-pressed-illuminating-and-mattifying-powder-review-swatches-photos.html

Ingenue

Good review on the pressed meteorites! They DO run light.. I'm going to pass. That's a lot of $$ for a pressed powder that's not all that universal. The Meteorites balls (the original) are at least universal... you can use them on any skintone.

I'm still a big fan of the MUFE HD powder... it's gonna take a lot to drag me away from that.

I just looked back at my pics with the Fuchsia Delice lipstick on... it's growing on me. It is very flattering, so I can at least give Guerlain that.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up Rose Desir yesterday and I really love it. It reminds me a little of Mac's Cockney, but it's more toned down and a bit pinker. It's the kind of red you can wear without having your face scream "red lipstick" (not that I mind those colours either, it's just nice to have the option). The blush looked super-gorgeous, but nothing justifies the price. I think I'll try mixing Ripe Peach with Her Blooming Cheek, which I think would produce a similar effect.