Guerlain discussion

cetati

Re: Guerlain anyone?

I'll definitely take pictures & review on my blog when it comes from Sephora & post the pictures here too.

cetati

I forgot to add... in the above pictures for Cherry Blossom I think I'm wearing Brun Mordore also from Guerlain.
smiles.gif

malvales

Ok, cool! Looking forward to it
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetati
I'll definitely take pictures & review on my blog when it comes from Sephora & post the pictures here too.

malvales

I think I just got fake Guerlain
cry.gif

I bought mini meteorites package on ebay because I wanted to try all shades. When the package arrived (sealed), I opened the box and first time I checked was the bottom of each small cardboard container. To my horror I found all 3 cases has Beige Chic shade instead of one each (mythic, pink fresh, beige chic).
Then I open all of them i found 2 has similar color (maybe beige chic) and the other one looks like mythic.
The smell is also off. Like smell of painting (instead of lavender).
I don't think Guerlain would have made such mistake so I assumed it is fake.
angry.gif

I am so so so madddd!!! I have been looking for it for ages. I guess I better buy at the counter...

cetati

Yeah.. if it doesn't smell like the signature Guerlain it's going to be fake.. the smell is really obvious and REALLY strong.

malvales

I just ordered the newest Guerlain 4 seasons bronzer!!!! Ohhh I am so excited!!! I hope the price well worth it!

Honey&LemonGirl

I ordered the 4 seasons bronzer yesterday, I hope you liked it malvales!!
smiles.gif
I've heard some reports of orange-y-ness.

TheTeenageMuse

Hmm, I always swatch the meterorites but walk away because they just don't do anything for me. Somebody help change my mind.

But just with regards to the eye kajal (kohl) stuff, I did a swatch once and if you go to the Indian part of town you can get better stuff for way cheaper. Just saying.

But I want to try their glosses/lippies I'm just on a Chanel binge right now which is already bankrupting me. Any colours recs for a NC45 gal?

User38

I have been in love with Guerlain for years. I have quite a few of their creams and treatment lines as well as colour palettes, blushes, kohls, terracotta bronzers, and meteorites.... I have seen the new colours and they are luscious and absolute must have's if you like really refined makeup.

I can never find anything on this site -- but I am glad I found this thread.

Guerlain, for me, is a much finer product than Chanel -- and I do collect and love Chanel also.

Ingenue

LOVE Guerlain... LOVE! I've had to get backups of the Parure Gold foundation... and I've indulged in the Ors Imperiale for the holidays! I saw a terrible review on it... shame, because it looks DIVINE on me. I'm going to give one away on my blog at the end of the year... the stuff's simply too good not to share!

I can't wait for the spring collection to hit my local Bloomingdales. I've already put the SA on notice, lol. I'm pretty sure, unless the eyeshadow palette is AWFUL, that I'm getting one of everything... maybe two of that blush.

Miss QQ

There are good swatches of the Spring 2011 collection here!

http://haruhii.pixnet.net/blog/post/27756645

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
on a german site the spring collection is already up, you can preorder and it will be delivered on January 15th. I'm going back and forth about ordering the blush. I absolutely love the look of it, but that's a lot of money for me. I wish I could check it out in person before buying. But there's no Guerlain counter anywhere near me, so I have to buy oline anyway. I guess I'll think about it for some time before I make a decision. It looks a little bit too shimmery.

Winthrop44

^^Yep, that's the biggest drawback for me, no accessability. I'd love to try the blush before I buy it because I'm not sure my skin will be able to handle the fragrance. But it all looks so beautiful! Thanks for the link Miss QQ.

mrslid

WOW everything is gorgeous. I was worried the powder compact would be sparkly but it doesn't appear to be at all. I've being dying for a gorgeous compact for touch ups for my purse. I have a few different Meteorites as I finally got sucked in by all the "Ballz" talk on MUA. I LOVE the scent and I do like them I just wish they didn't have the small sparkle particles in them. I wish they had more of a subtle sheen.

I love the look of the glosses. I just bought my first Guerlain gloss a couple weeks ago. It's at home so I can't remember the shade. It was a light beige with a sublte irridescence. I LOVE it. The subtle scent is really nice too. I would love to buy more but most of the shades were quite sparkly which I don't care for so I didn't see others in the regular line I like. I really like the look of some of those though.

The blush does look heavenly...maybe a touch too sparkly though.

I have the Rue de Passy palette and I quite like it. LOVE the packaging. I also have a eyeshadow single that is gorgeoous.

I really am excited about this collection. Especially since my Chanel Spring lemmings are getting reduced as the days go buy. Why must I have such expensive tastes :-(

User38

The new meteorite powder is very ultra fine -- so the look you seem to want might be easier to achieve than with the Ball type meteorites (which I have and love ..lol)..but I am getting this powder. I have the meteorite compact and just buy refills for it ... although I have am now using a silver 1970's Halston compact to house it. I am going to wait to see if the new compact powder has refills (one of the lovely things about Guerlain is that you can get refills readily).

pond23

The Guerlain Spring 2011 collection looks heavenly! I have my eye on the blush and on the new Meteorites powder. I used to use the original Meteorites balls years ago, and I loved the glow they gave my face. I just ordered the Lingerie de Peau foundation from NM during their GC event a few days ago, but it is still on backorder. I can't wait to receive it!

Camnagem

I've been wanting to try the "balls" for such a long time now...I think I'll treat myself to a jar with some Christmas money! I like the newer containers more than previous versions, so that's a plus for waiting I guess, lol.

Spring collection: I need to try that powder! It sounds fantastic and I'm such a sucker for an awesome looking compact. I'll pass on the blush (obsessed with Chanel JC's for now for my spendy blushes), but I'm interested in trying a lipgloss or possibly a lipstick (hello, the cases are so James Bond - love it!).

ETA: I want balls for Christmas!
girlhaha.gif

Latest posts