Guerlain discussion

JerseyGirl

I was at the Guerlain counter today and the SA applied this palette on me. I really like the look she did. It came out lovely, different from Ts. And, no eye makeup lasts on me for an hour without primer! They also had the new rose KissKiss lip balm-y lipsticks in the white packaging. They felt so nice on, will be perfect as the weather gets cold. NM is having a promo for a set of Guerlain brushes, if you spend a crazy $400 you get the brush set. I'm a sucker for brushes, they do this every year and I didn't get them the last few years. This year, I will. ***hangs head in shame***:encore::unsure:

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was at the Guerlain counter today and the SA applied this palette on me. I really like the look she did. It came out lovely, different from Ts. And, no eye makeup lasts on me for an hour without primer! They also had the new rose KissKiss lip balm-y lipsticks in the white packaging. They felt so nice on, will be perfect as the weather gets cold. NM is having a promo for a set of Guerlain brushes, if you spend a crazy $400 you get the brush set. I'm a sucker for brushes, they do this every year and I didn't get them the last few years. This year, I will. ***hangs head in shame***
encore.gif
001_unsure.gif
I find that, with Guerlain shadows in particular, primer makes all the difference. I'm not sure why, but the difference with a primer- I use Mac Paint Pots most of the time- is substantial. I like the more shimmery shades well enough, but I do agree with her that Guerlain shadows are at their best in the matte/ satin range.

Psych1

I was at the Guerlain counter today and the SA applied this palette on me. I really like the look she did. It came out lovely, different from Ts. And, no eye makeup lasts on me for an hour without primer! They also had the new rose KissKiss lip balm-y lipsticks in the white packaging. They felt so nice on, will be perfect as the weather gets cold. NM is having a promo for a set of Guerlain brushes, if you spend a crazy $400 you get the brush set. I'm a sucker for brushes, they do this every year and I didn't get them the last few years. This year, I will. ***hangs head in shame***:encore::unsure:
Ooo, I didn't know the new lip balm lipsticks in the white case were out, this was at NM?. I heard they are really mostly sheer, but I'm very curious! What did you think of the packaging? I recall hearing that it's sort of cheap white plastic? That would stink bc I actually love white packaging! And the brush set gift sounds interesting, I had not heard about that!

JerseyGirl

Ooo, I didn't know the new lip balm lipsticks in the white case were out, this was at NM?. I heard they are really mostly sheer, but I'm very curious! What did you think of the packaging? I recall hearing that it's sort of cheap white plastic? That would stink bc I actually love white packaging! And the brush set gift sounds interesting, I had not heard about that!
She had the display to test but said the products weren't in yet. There was one case attached to the display to show the white packaging and it felt very substantial when I touched it. Not cheap feeling. One of the lighter colors was a pink tinted balm. Swipe and go. The rose violet ? (darker color) was very pigmented yet balm like. I felt it left a pretty stain on my lips as my lips soaked up the moisture. Definitely check them out of you can. I liked the new blush color she applied also but I had to resist SOMETHING to because I want too many things. She also applied their new mascara on me, it was really nice too. But, I have to use up some mascaras first before I get any new ones.

ryan-eh

She had the display to test but said the products weren't in yet. There was one case attached to the display to show the white packaging and it felt very substantial when I touched it. Not cheap feeling. One of the lighter colors was a pink tinted balm. Swipe and go. The rose violet ? (darker color) was very pigmented yet balm like. I felt it left a pretty stain on my lips as my lips soaked up the moisture. Definitely check them out of you can. I liked the new blush color she applied also but I had to resist SOMETHING to because I want too many things. She also applied their new mascara on me, it was really nice too. But, I have to use up some mascaras first before I get any new ones.
I just saw the new balms on the Sephora site. I'm glad you liked them--a lot of lip products, especially darker ones, are too dry for me.

Psych1

The entire Bloom of Roses collection is available on Nordstrom.com In case anyone is interested.

Medgal07

The entire Bloom of Roses collection is available on Nordstrom.com In case anyone is interested.
It's been there since yesterday. I stared & stared and couldn't decide on a blush or anything for that matter---I
wasn't really moved. I ended up ordering more Dior items.
sigh.gif

Shars

What about poudre de soie?? I thought it was going to be released in the US eventualy and still nothing
Haven't heard anything. It's like the biggest mystery of all time. I'm going to wait until end of year and then maybe just get it on Ebay. I'd rather not though because Ebay (including international shipping) works out to be almost $30 more than the US RRP.

karlaedith

I
Haven't heard anything. It's like the biggest mystery of all time. I'm going to wait until end of year and then maybe just get it on Ebay. I'd rather not though because Ebay (including international shipping) works out to be almost $30 more than the US RRP.
i know a seller from tokyo who has got it for people who cant get it here in the states, because it was released in Asia but still is maybe like 15-20 dls dependig where is shipping