Guerlain discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Nosey and I needed a new makeup fix this weekend. That and my surprise to find them at only 1 sephora in my area, so I took the bait lol
I almost gave in to the allure of "New! Shiny! Different!", but I swatched them on my hand and could just barely tell them apart, beyond "warmer" or "cooler". I can't justify Guerlain prices for something that will be so light. I do like Les Cendres, which seems like a cooler-toned version of last year's Les Sables palette. I have Les Fumes, which is very similar (and which I'm wearing today), but I've had such great experiences with the Écrin 4 Couleurs that I feel I can always make room for one more...

JerseyGirl

Has anyone tried Guerlain's new Mon Exclusif fragrance?  I haven't seen it in store yet, but I'm curious to know what it smells like. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/guerlai...ualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1717
I have not tried it, but someone on here purchased it and said it was very sweet smelling. I like to try samples first...you never know how the smell will be on your skin... Nordies return policy is good so if you want to try it, I think it's returnable if you don't like it.

SubwayDreaming

I have not tried it, but someone on here purchased it and said it was very sweet smelling. I like to try samples first...you never know how the smell will be on your skin... Nordies return policy is good so if you want to try it, I think it's returnable if you don't like it.

Psych1

I almost gave in to the allure of "New! Shiny! Different!", but I swatched them on my hand and could just barely tell them apart, beyond "warmer" or "cooler". I can't justify Guerlain prices for something that will be so light. I do like Les Cendres, which seems like a cooler-toned version of last year's Les Sables palette. I have Les Fumes, which is very similar (and which I'm wearing today), but I've had such great experiences with the Écrin 4 Couleurs that I feel I can always make room for one more...
Yeah, the balms were really meh. Definitely not worth $35, imo. I've actually never tried Guerlain shadows, but I've heard so many great reviews On the Ecrin shadows. Need to venture into their shadows...

Dominique33

Yeah, the balms were really meh. Definitely not worth $35, imo. I've actually never tried Guerlain shadows, but I've heard so many great reviews On the Ecrin shadows. Need to venture into their shadows...
Guerlain makeup is sometimes very meh indeed ( the collections I mean ) I purchased the cleansing milk today, honestly It is close to perfection , the new cleansing milk, lotion, gentle foam, cream and eyemakeup lotion are just gorgeous . Very gentle for the skin, smooth and pure luxury. I do not like those balms at all but some products are really worth the splurge !

SandraVB79

I went to a Guerlain counter, looked at the new collection and didn't buy anything. I ordered the rainbow pearls at escentual though, since they had a 25% off code. At the store, there was a Givenchy event going on though, and I ended up buying lots of Givenchy, and ordering some more from Escentual.

Medgal07

I'd love to get my hands on a sample!!!

Medgal07

I purchased the cleansing milk today, honestly It is close to perfection , the new cleansing milk, lotion, gentle foam, cream and eyemakeup lotion are just gorgeous . Very gentle for the skin, smooth and pure luxury. I do not like those balms at all but some products are really worth the splurge !
Sounds heavenly, Dominique!!!

Psych1

Guerlain makeup is sometimes very meh indeed ( the collections I mean ) I purchased the cleansing milk today, honestly It is close to perfection , the new cleansing milk, lotion, gentle foam, cream and eyemakeup lotion are just gorgeous . Very gentle for the skin, smooth and pure luxury. I do not like those balms at all but some products are really worth the splurge !
Ooo, I'll have to check those out they sound just lovely ️ Yeah, the balms were a disappointment. Wanted to love them, but no.

beautycool

40fdb2c2_image.jpeg
I love mine that I got from duty free I don't mind either as paid much less The colour I chose was number 372 I just love it Marvellous for this hot weather in florida So yep loving mine I would buy more tbh but I'm wanting other makes first :) but this is enough colour for my lips for holiday and was brilliant on the plane I used this and a benefit one I also purchased from duty free Hydrated my lips and kept them really nice and not during out all time as per :) Loved them

Dominique33

[COLOR=0000FF] Sounds heavenly, Dominique!!![/COLOR]
Absolutely It is ! Awesome range really . I would recommand It more than any other makeup removers . The Lancôme or Dior ones are very good but the Guerlain cleansing milk is beyond my expectations.

VAL4M

Oops I did it again .... Just got a phone call from the Guerlain counter at The Bay in Downtown Montreal. Maxim Poulin Guerlain international beauty artist will be there next week Friday and Saturday. I did make an appointment with him on Friday, i'm kind of excited but at the same time there is nothing that i want now .... I just want to buy the Holiday Collection that is still not available in Canada until November 1st.
ohboy.gif

SandraVB79

Oops I did it again .... Just got a phone call from the Guerlain counter at The Bay in Downtown Montreal. Maxim Poulin Guerlain international beauty artist will be there next week Friday and Saturday. I did make an appointment with him on Friday, i'm kind of excited but at the same time there is nothing that i want now .... I just want to buy the Holiday Collection that is still not available in Canada until November 1st. :eek:hboy:
I could have a makeover session with some fab Guerlain makeup artist, but I declined, for that reason. There is not anything I need/ want from the regular collection, and holiday collection will be released somewhere in November.

VAL4M

I could have a makeover session with some fab Guerlain makeup artist, but I declined, for that reason. There is not anything I need/ want from the regular collection, and holiday collection will be released somewhere in November.
I might check out foundation thought and worst case scenario I will purchase Guerlain Terracotta perfume that I want since forever. Will see. I also want Guerlain Gourmand Coquin but at 300$ CAN I'm not sure it will be a good move for my wallet.

JerseyGirl

Is there any possibility he could have testers and use the new collection on you? They sometimes have all kinds of goodies for make-overs.