Guerlain discussion

Ikram

I just realized I have Sephora gift card. Now the tought of the bronzing powder is nagging me.

Anitacska

I'm so envious of you German ladies, the collection isn't coming out in the UK until the end of this month. :(

MACina

Really???
I am sorry that you have to wait so long
ssad.gif

I'm so envious of you German ladies, the collection isn't coming out in the UK until the end of this month. :(

Anneri

Hey MACina, here are some swatches. I'm sorry for the somewhat poor quality, please blame it on the weather, my poor photography skills and my camera.
winks.gif

I compared the Terra Azzurra Bronzer with Refined Golden and the 'sea star powder' from Estée Lauder's last year's summer collection.

Here on my fingers is a mix of all the colors in the Guerlain bronzer on my middle finger, and Refined Golden on my ring finger.

Here are swatches. from left to right: Guerlain mix, Guerlain bronzey side, Refined Golden, EL sea star

and again:

HTH!

shadowaddict

Quote:
No way pearls could be too dark, they are very translucent.
You were absolutely right, not at all dark. I like how they give a nice soft glow but not frosty, just a nice brighter look.

I purchased the brush and it is very pretty but it feels somewhat not up to par with other brushes for the price.

I love the packaging. It's so bright and cheerful. I can definfitely see the pearls lasting forever as you use such a small amount each time.

cutemiauw

Anneri, thanks for the swatches!
I went to another Guerlain counter yesterday because I'm really curious since everyone here seemed to rave about the bronzer. I don't know whether it was because the other one has too much fingerprints on it or something, but I could definitely see the colors on skin from the tester in this counter. It looks really peachy on me though. I just wish it's a HG color because I need to justify that price
sweatdrop.gif

MACina

Thank you so,so much Anneri!!!!

That really helps a lot
thmbup.gif

I have the EL Sea Star powder too and I am happy to see that it is different enough (IMO) to justify the Guerlain Bronzer too.

Terra Azzurra looks so pretty on you
heart.gif

I think that the last picture convinced me to get it....the bronzy-rosy-orangy sheen is awesome and it looks not too orange at all.
It is just right for a "summery look"!

Thank you again!!!!
Hey MACina, here are some swatches. I'm sorry for the somewhat poor quality, please blame it on the weather, my poor photography skills and my camera.
winks.gif

I compared the Terra Azzurra Bronzer with Refined Golden and the 'sea star powder' from Estée Lauder's last year's summer collection.

Here on my fingers is a mix of all the colors in the Guerlain bronzer on my middle finger, and Refined Golden on my ring finger.

Here are swatches. from left to right: Guerlain mix, Guerlain bronzey side, Refined Golden, EL sea star

and again:

HTH!

Ikram

I have been wearing the quad for 3 days now and I really like it. It gives such great unusual bright summer look. The intensity can be build up. The SA applied it very lightly on me so it was very soft looking but these last 3 days I builded the color up to be bright and love it.

Its the best piece of the collection IMHO. I am very happy with it.

JulieDiva

I have been wearing the quad for 3 days now and I really like it. It gives such great unusual bright summer look. The intensity can be build up. The SA applied it very lightly on me so it was very soft looking but these last 3 days I builded the color up to be bright and love it.

Its the best piece of the collection IMHO. I am very happy with it.
I am glad you like it. I am getting the Guerlain Pucci collection for Mother's day, this Sunday...I am dying to try it all out!!

Ikram

I caved and used my Sephora gift card to order the bronzing powder. Now I can't wait for it to arrive!!!

Miss QQ

I'm beginning to lose interest in the summer collection although I haven't seen it in person. I feel there isn't any must have. The quad looks like the prettiest thing in the collection,

Ingenue

The Terra Azzura blush/bronzer was my only must have Miss QQ. I've used it a LOT since getting it. It's very versatile. The rest of the collection was a pass for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm beginning to lose interest in the summer collection although I haven't seen it in person. I feel there isn't any must have. The quad looks like the prettiest thing in the collection,
I haven't purchased it yet, but the quad is the one thing I feel I really "need". From swatching it, the pigmentation on the shades is excellent and I find that the colours can be used for a softer or a more intense look. I adore the blush/ bronzer in the pan, but I really feel like it'll make me look like an Oompa-loompa.

aradhana

i just picked up a terracotta bronzing powder the other day, along with a couple of samples of the blush highlighter liquids...

i bought the powder at a sephora, and the sales assistant was soooo helpful...i feel a lot more comfortable with the theory and technique of applying bronzer on my face, though i can't say i'm now an expert by any means! LOL....

the bronzing powder marks my second guerlain purchase (first being one of the pearls...i think they're beige?)...both of which were pretty big purchases for me...i tend not to do much 'high end' purchasing...so far i'm extremely impressed with the quality overall, textures, pigmentations...etc...definitely money well spent!

MACina

I got Terra Azzurra and the Perles d`Azur yesterday and I am soooooooooooo much in love with both of them
love.gif

The packaging is absolutely divine....especially of the bronzing powder.The bag is so cute!And I really like the dark
wooden case.Just as pretty as the one of Terra Inca.

Anneri....thank you so much again for the swatches!
I am so happy that you finally enabled me to get the powder.

It really does not turn too orange on me.Mixed together with the other parts it looks "rosy-sun-kissed"
heart.gif

bis

I feel the same, the longer it takes the more I loose interest.
I got Terra Azzurra and the Perles d`Azur yesterday and I am soooooooooooo much in love with both of them :love: The packaging is absolutely divine....especially of the bronzing powder.The bag is so cute!And I really like the dark wooden case.Just as pretty as the one of Terra Inca. Anneri....thank you so much again for the swatches! I am so happy that you finally enabled me to get the powder. It really does not turn too orange on me.Mixed together with the other parts it looks "rosy-sun-kissed" :heart:
Great to hear you like it :) It is beautiful. Can you wear the bronzer alone as well or do you always need to mix? I just tried the bronzer part as I thought there is so much more of it that I should be able to wear the bronzer alone.

MACina

I always need to mix it because "just bronzer" without any rose and/or coral tint does not suit me.

Just in case I run out of the "rose-coral-white" part I will use my Blush G over the bronzer.
I think that this combo should work as well.
Can you wear the bronzer alone as well or do you always need to mix? I just tried the bronzer part as I thought there is so much more of it that I should be able to wear the bronzer alone.

bis

I always need to mix it because "just bronzer" without any rose and/or coral tint does not suit me. Just in case I run out of the "rose-coral-white" part I will use my Blush G over the bronzer. I think that this combo should work as well.
Pure bronzer is not working for me either, maybe I need to swatch it again.