Guerlain discussion

iATEaSEAmonster

I bought some stuff from the summer collection today. I bought Terra Ora (bronzer/highlighter), Cuivre Ora (loose eyeshadow), Kajal khol (pointed eyeliner), Corail Ora Shine Automatique. I don't know why I bought the eyeliner. I guess I was just so intrigued by the shape of it. I'm wondering now if I should have bought the brush the went with the collection. I have brushes I use for bronzing but I don't have one that is dense like this one and its the one the MA used on me and sold me on the Terra Ora. Oh wait I do have a kabuki that might work but I'm curious about this brush now. I asked the MA about the other bronzer that was supposed to be in this collection but she said she didn't expect it until June.
How do you like the Coral lipstick? I'm considering getting that one, but I'm not entirely sold on it yet.

Icecaramellatte

How do you like the Coral lipstick? I'm considering getting that one, but I'm not entirely sold on it yet.
I really like it. Just the right amount of orange for someone who doesn't want to go full on orange. I wore it today and paired it with Armani Flash lacquer in 303 with is a light pinky coral. The color is quite familiar though and I really need to check my stash for dupes. I bought so many oranges last year that I can't keep them straight so I'll post if I find something similar in my stash.

meleftie

I bought some stuff from the summer collection today.  I bought Terra Ora (bronzer/highlighter), Cuivre Ora (loose eyeshadow), Kajal khol (pointed eyeliner), Corail Ora Shine Automatique.  I don't know why I bought the eyeliner.  I guess I was just so intrigued by the shape of it.  I'm wondering now if I should have bought the brush the went with the collection.  I have brushes I use for bronzing but I don't have one that is dense like this one and its the one the MA used on me and sold me on the Terra Ora.  Oh wait I do have a kabuki that might work but I'm curious about this brush now.  I asked the MA about the other bronzer that was supposed to be in this collection but she said she didn't expect it until June.
Please let me know what you think of these items. I just spent a load of $$ on Tom Ford summer items but need a few of these items as well. I bought the Guerlain Kabuki brush for my bronzers (seemed like a waste given my 9,999,999 other brushes) but I do love it. Very dense but doesn't give a splat of too much color.

SubwayDreaming

My local Shoppers Drug Mart has the summer collection
yahoo.gif
, so I got the following goodies:

• Terracotta Skin in 01, which gives my NC15/20 skin a healthy tanned look. The texture is silky and amazing.
  • Corail Ora lipstick (a nice, semi-sheer coral)
  • BB cream in 01 (haven’t tried it yet other than testing it to make sure the shade was right)
  • Meteorites Perles Les Ors Primer (a slightly bronzey, golden version of the regular Meteorites Primer. Not sure if you can see a difference once you have it on the skin.)
  • Terra Ora bronzer powder (haven’t tried it yet)
  • Lipgloss in 470 Magenta Waouh (kind of disappointed; it is sheerer than I wanted)

They were all out of Bronzed Ora eyeshadow, and I really wanted it before my June vacation, so I’m starting to panic a little.

Icecaramellatte

Please let me know what you think of these items. I just spent a load of $$ on Tom Ford summer items but need a few of these items as well. I bought the Guerlain Kabuki brush for my bronzers (seemed like a waste given my 9,999,999 other brushes) but I do love it. Very dense but doesn't give a splat of too much color.
I tried the gold eyeshadow today but I was so afraid I would put too much that I just put a tiny dot on. It didn't look very gold on me but maybe if I used more. It did last all day but I'm hoping for more gold. I hope to try the pink soon. I probably don't need the Kabuki but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it Saturday. I'm going to the Nordstrom event so if I can swing it, I'll pick it up.

Sabrunka

Hi gals! Just wanted to pop in and rave about the BB cream! I got it a few days ago, also from Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.. LOVE IT. Wow, I cannot explain how perfect it is! I got the light shade as the medium was just too dark, and even though the light seemed like it would be too pale for me, it blended in flawlessly and after about 5 minutes my skin looked PERFECT. Better than any foundation I have ever used! Crazy really. So it has amazing coverage and feels very nice on the skin. Of course Guerlain would make the best BB cream out of the bunch that are out there!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hi gals! Just wanted to pop in and rave about the BB cream! I got it a few days ago, also from Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.. LOVE IT. Wow, I cannot explain how perfect it is! I got the light shade as the medium was just too dark, and even though the light seemed like it would be too pale for me, it blended in flawlessly and after about 5 minutes my skin looked PERFECT. Better than any foundation I have ever used! Crazy really. So it has amazing coverage and feels very nice on the skin. Of course Guerlain would make the best BB cream out of the bunch that are out there!
Now I'm thinking that I have to try this, although if they run dark, it'll be a no-go for me. I've been trying out the Parure de Lumiere foundation in the lightest shade and I really love it. I wasn't sure about it at first, until I worked out that it responds much better to being applied with the hands than with a brush. It has definitely made me want to try out more of their foundations, but so far, PdL is the only one that is available in shade 01.

SubwayDreaming

The BB cream in 01 (Light) works for my NC15/20 skin. Although I would say it's more NC20 than NC15.

The texture is amazing and I love the way it looks, so glowy and natural. It's definitely worth checking out, in my opinion!

Now I'm thinking that I have to try this, although if they run dark, it'll be a no-go for me.

Sabrunka

Now I'm thinking that I have to try this, although if they run dark, it'll be a no-go for me. I've been trying out the Parure de Lumiere foundation in the lightest shade and I really love it. I wasn't sure about it at first, until I worked out that it responds much better to being applied with the hands than with a brush. It has definitely made me want to try out more of their foundations, but so far, PdL is the only one that is available in shade 01.
The light is actually very light compared to many other BB creams out there so you should be fine! I normally wear the palest shades in many brands, but even with the tan I have now, it's like it manages to change with my skin and match perfectly regardless!

katred

Specktra Bestie
The light is actually very light compared to many other BB creams out there so you should be fine! I normally wear the palest shades in many brands, but even with the tan I have now, it's like it manages to change with my skin and match perfectly regardless!
Thanks. I think this is going to be my next BB purchase once I'm done with my current one. One more Guerlain addiction can't possibly hurt, right?

(Is it wrong that I've already been googling "Guerlain Fall 2013"?)

Pinkdollface

I bought the 4 Seasons Bronzer in Nude today. I can't wait to try it out. It looks great for my pale skin. I'm starting to really like bronzer now that I found the right application method. When the BB cream is released here I'll make sure to get a sample. All Guerlain foundations are too dark for me, so I hope at least the BB cream will be light enough.

Dominique33

I bought the 4 Seasons Bronzer in Nude today. I can't wait to try it out. It looks great for my pale skin. I'm starting to really like bronzer now that I found the right application method. When the BB cream is released here I'll make sure to get a sample. All Guerlain foundations are too dark for me, so I hope at least the BB cream will be light enough.
The 00 is perfect for pale skins, wearable from January to December, really deserves its name " 4 Seasons " ( I have the Nude too, didn't try the other shades ).

Pinkdollface

It's really perfect for pale skins, and it has no orange undertones as many Terracotta usually have. I am glad you have the powder, the packaging is classy too.
http://www.sapphirebeauty.fr/?p=5307 Here are swatches, Sapphire has a very pale skin.
Enjoy your Terracotta Nude !

SOURCE : SAPPHIREBEAUTY
Thanks for the link! The pink undertones were the reason I chose this over the others. It's very unusual for a bronzer. I'll try it today and report back on how much I really like it. I love the packaging too btw!

Alisha1

Thanks. I think this is going to be my next BB purchase once I'm done with my current one. One more Guerlain addiction can't possibly hurt, right?
(Is it wrong that I've already been googling "Guerlain Fall 2013"?)
LOL so have I and I have yet buy what I want from the summer collection!

Pinkdollface

So I've worn the Nude bronzer yesterday and I'm wearing it again today. I really love it! The texture is amazing, pigmented, buttery and not powdery at all. I mixed all 4 colours and the pink undertones make it look very natural. It's light enough to not look obvious, just soft and it makes my skin look healthy.

Monsy

Just tried bb cream today and loved the texture. Light is perfect for nc15. Nude bronzer is also on my wishilst

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up my first of the glosses today! I got 420- Rouge Shebam- which is really right on the border between red and orange. I don't have a bright orange gloss, so this one fits nicely into my collection. It's a great summery shade and I think it'll be a lot of fun to wear. It was funny, because I tried it on in store, but I was wearing a cool purple shirt... I figured since it looked good even next to that, I should definitely bring it home!