Guerlain Holiday 2014- A Night at the Opera

Beautyglitter

Gorgeous! I love that palette, just that it is so pricey. I guess I will choose either it or the balls. Do you find the blush too tiny for a full sized cheek brush to pick up a specific colour properly?
The size of the 2 matte blushes is really okay, the other two are on the smaller side but if you use an angled blush brush it shouldn't be a problem! :)

Jaymuhlee

I wasn't feeling 100% about my balls, as I noted a while back, so I repurchased a tin in-store during the rouge event last week with the intention of returning my original set. I feel a little guilty but I'm ok with my decision. My new balls are beautiful. A little dusty but nearly just like the promo images.

I haven't worn makeup since Princess - I did a lot of hauling during the sales since her death, I'm sure as a coping mechanism. I'll get back to it soon. Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. I've been popping in every now and then but never actually replied to anyone. Sorry about that.

walkingdead

I wasn't feeling 100% about my balls, as I noted a while back, so I repurchased a tin in-store during the rouge event last week with the intention of returning my original set. I feel a little guilty but I'm ok with my decision. My new balls are beautiful. A little dusty but nearly just like the promo images. I haven't worn makeup since Princess - I did a lot of hauling during the sales since her death, I'm sure as a coping mechanism. I'll get back to it soon. Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. I've been popping in every now and then but never actually replied to anyone. Sorry about that.
J-- sorry to hear about princess. I hope you enjoy your new goodies soon!

Medgal07

I wasn't feeling 100% about my balls, as I noted a while back, so I repurchased a tin in-store during the rouge event last week with the intention of returning my original set. I feel a little guilty but I'm ok with my decision. My new balls are beautiful. A little dusty but nearly just like the promo images.

I haven't worn makeup since Princess - I did a lot of hauling during the sales since her death, I'm sure as a coping mechanism. I'll get back to it soon. Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. I've been popping in every now and then but never actually replied to anyone. Sorry about that.
Awwwww. So nice to see you Jaumuhlee. I'm glad you had the balls to exchange your balls. Otherwise that uneasiness with your purchase would have persisted.

It's totally understandable that you're grieving Princess--it's a huge loss and we all handle these things as best we can, and there's no need to apologize for it.
th_cheerup.gif

Dominique33

I understand you
th_cheerup.gif
I did exactly the same, hauling and no make up ( except some swatches here in fact ) and stomach issues. Her belongings are still here, even the food, I put her ashes close to my bed. Her blanket is here too, I left everything as if she was here with me.
You need time, it is a very harsh and cruel moment and time sometimes never heals such a loss. A pet is a friend, he or she is the apple of our eye, our furry friends are our best friends ever.
I hope you are ok though.

Medgal07

I understand you
th_cheerup.gif
I did exactly the same, hauling and no make up ( except some swatches here in fact ) and stomach issues. Her belongings are still here, even the food, I put her ashes close to my bed. Her blanket is here too, I left everything as if she was here with me.
You need time, it is a very harsh and cruel moment and time sometimes never heals such a loss. A pet is a friend, he or she is the apple of our eye, our furry friends are our best friends ever.
Dominique, its so sweet of you to reach out to Jaymuhlee while still mourning the loss of your precious Ozzie.
bouquet.gif

Dolly Snow

I wasn't feeling 100% about my balls, as I noted a while back, so I repurchased a tin in-store during the rouge event last week with the intention of returning my original set. I feel a little guilty but I'm ok with my decision. My new balls are beautiful. A little dusty but nearly just like the promo images. I haven't worn makeup since Princess - I did a lot of hauling during the sales since her death, I'm sure as a coping mechanism. I'll get back to it soon. Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. I've been popping in every now and then but never actually replied to anyone. Sorry about that.
I'm very sorry for your loss :hug:

Jaymuhlee

Awwwww. So nice to see you Jaumuhlee. I'm glad you had the balls to exchange your balls. Otherwise that uneasiness with your purchase would have persisted.

It's totally understandable that you're grieving Princess--it's a huge loss and we all handle these things as best we can, and there's no need to apologize for it.
th_cheerup.gif

I'm very sorry for your loss
th_hug.gif
Thank you. I'm trying not to be a big downer on this thread for such an awesome holiday collection and I'm very appreciative for such a supportive (ball-loving) group. :)

Quote: Originally Posted by Dominique33 I understand you
th_cheerup.gif
You've been so kind to share your pain and help with mine, too. I'm very sorry for your loss. It's a truly terrible thing. I hope you're doing well, too. <3

amillion

I just got my first meteorites of the holiday collection LE for 2014. I am really in love with this. Its my second Guerlain purchase ever lol.

amillion

I feel like a person on crack. I keep opening that tin to smell the wonderful smell. I snagged the last one at Sephora today during vib sale. Its the one with the gold tin and pretty bow inside. Sigh it was beautiful on my deep skin tone.

Medgal07

I feel like a person on crack. I keep opening that tin to smell the wonderful smell. I snagged the last one at Sephora today during vib sale. Its the one with the gold tin and pretty bow inside. Sigh it was beautiful on my deep skin tone.
lol.gif
Oh I know exactly the ones you're referring to.... Météorites Perles d’Etoiles. I've had mine for several weeks now. I'm not kidding about the ball club. There's a
thread for Météorites Perlesenthusiasts...but this comes with a warning---it's not for the faint of heart because they are VERY addicting. Check it out....if you dare!!

http://www.specktra.net/t/190016/worship-the-balls-a-thread-for-guerlain-meteorites-and-the-women-who-love-them

NaomiH

I open the tin up just to smell them too! And I love how they make your brush smell after use too. lol

katred

Specktra Bestie
[@]Jaymuhlee[/@] and [@]Dominique33[/@], I'm sending you as many happy, sympathetic thoughts as I can spare. I know how hard it is to lose a little friend and how close they become to your heart. In makeup news, I gave in to the inevitable today and picked up Rouge Parade. Haven't tried it on yet, but I've got faith in the formula and it's close to other reds I like. Without being a dupe.

Medgal07

In makeup news, I gave in to the inevitable today and picked up Rouge Parade. Haven't tried it on yet, but I've got faith in the formula and it's close to other reds I like. Without being a dupe.
Wore it Monday---it's heaven in a fancy bullet.
love.gif
I hope you love it!!!