Guerlain Spring 2015- Les Tendres

EllaS

th_DANCE.gif
I am so glad you love it Ella!!! I haven't mixed it with my moisturizer or foundation---I've worn it on its own and over foundation. I haven't experienced any
patchiness though.
I'm sure it's because my skin is just so frustratingly dehydrated/dry this winter. I might try applying it with my beauty blender next time - either alone or over my foundation. That always helps. I just used it with my fingers this time. And I hadn't moisturized in several hours (God forbid). But I do love the finish. What a lucky break to get a sample!

Medgal07

I'm sure it's because my skin is just so frustratingly dehydrated/dry this winter. I might try applying it with my beauty blender next time - either alone or over my foundation. That always helps. I just used it with my fingers this time. And I hadn't moisturized in several hours (God forbid). But I do love the finish. What a lucky break to get a sample!
Yes! I hope you can get it to work for you. I know you're struggling with dryness but perhaps exfoliating will make your skin more receptive to retaining moisture.

EllaS

Yes! I hope you can get it to work for you. I know you're struggling with dryness but perhaps exfoliating will make your skin more receptive to retaining moisture.
I've got the Elemis Papaya Enzyme peel and I've recently started using the Radical Moisturizing Cleanser (new-ish at Sephora) and they're both great. I've even gotten a new humidifier for my room! LOL So I'm working on it! But it's not just my face that's dry - my eyes are so dry at night they get stuck together so I have to keep rewetting drops beside my bed just so I can open my eyes when I wake up! So all things considered, a little patchiness isn't too bad!

EllaS

Has anyone tried both the Baby Glow and the Super Aqua Serum BB Hydra? I experimented with the remainder of the sample of the Baby Glow I have and I haven't quite gotten it to work for me - though I think it does exactly what it claims to do. I tried it alone and over a light application of my foundation and found it oxidized quite a lot on me. I think part of the problem is that it's quite pink-beige on my golden undertone skin and it's just not the best match. I read on instagram some people said the BB Hydra was warmer/yellow in undertone and more dewy, which may be better for my dry skin. Was just curious if anyone has tried both or has an opinion on the BB Hydra? Thanks!

Pippilotta

I am in love with the eyeshadow Le Nuees. Have anybody tested it or seen swathes anywhere? I cannot find any, and I don't want to order it completely "unseen".

Shars

I am in love with the eyeshadow Le Nuees. Have anybody tested it or seen swathes anywhere? I cannot find any, and I don't want to order it completely "unseen".
Here you go:

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-les-nuees-18-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches

mkoparanova

Has anyone tried both the Baby Glow and the Super Aqua Serum BB Hydra? I experimented with the remainder of the sample of the Baby Glow I have and I haven't quite gotten it to work for me - though I think it does exactly what it claims to do. I tried it alone and over a light application of my foundation and found it oxidized quite a lot on me. I think part of the problem is that it's quite pink-beige on my golden undertone skin and it's just not the best match. I read on instagram some people said the BB Hydra was warmer/yellow in undertone and more dewy, which may be better for my dry skin. Was just curious if anyone has tried both or has an opinion on the BB Hydra? Thanks!
I have the same problem - I have the lightest shade and it looks very pink on my yellow undertone skin. I wouldn't have bought it, if I had tried a sample. Furthermore, it doesn't cover anything and at the same time you can clearly see that I have something on my skin. I'm still trying to figure out a way to use it.

EllaS

I have the same problem - I have the lightest shade and it looks very pink on my yellow undertone skin. I wouldn't have bought it, if I had tried a sample. Furthermore, it doesn't cover anything and at the same time you can clearly see that I have something on my skin. I'm still trying to figure out a way to use it.
Ugh ok so it's not just me! You took the words right out of my mouth with your description. Wish I had another suggestion for you but I couldn't get it to work either. I got the compact in Dore and it is also pink-beige, which I can get away with because I just apply a light dusting but TBH I'm disappointed in the color. Doesn't really enhance my skin tone. I guess I should have figured the Baby Glow shades might mirror the other meteorites in this collection. It's too bad there's such a limited shade selection and none seem suitable for yellow/golden undertones. Because I do like the effect the Baby Glow gives otherwise.

Audrey C

I have strong yellow undertones and I've never been able to get a Guerlain foundation. I really like Lumiere de Peau but 02-Clair is way too pink and 03-Beige is far too dark. I need the depth of 02 but with a yellow base, and they just don't make that. I absolutely adore Joli Teint when I tried it last year. Fabulous coverage and warm-toned. Alas, the third ingredient is alcohol and it created havoc with my skin. I've given up on Guerlain foundations; they just have too narrow a range.

EllaS

I agree 100%
Thank you ladies! That's good to know. I'm happy with my foundation but am always looking for new and better ways to look glowy LOL. I've never really looked into Guerlain's foundations and BB creams so I had no idea they were so limited in shade range. Quite strange! Guess for now I'll stick with what I've got unless and until I'm able to get some samples in the future.

The le nuees palette does nothing for me. Since im extremely pale i usually love it when palettes arent filled with dark shadows, since i cant use them daily anyway. But this is just bleh. Would love to see it with a primer tho.
I reaaaally need to try the mascara. But im way over my beauty-budget this month. So im over here waiting
th_wallbash.gif

Pippilotta

The le nuees palette does nothing for me. Since im extremely pale i usually love it when palettes arent filled with dark shadows, since i cant use them daily anyway. But this is just bleh. Would love to see it with a primer tho.
I reaaaally need to try the mascara. But im way over my beauty-budget this month. So im over here waiting
th_wallbash.gif
I am extremely pale too, and that's why this palette attracted me in the first place. It seems to be less than wonderful, though. I'm glad I asked the question here. I could have persuaded myself to order it untried.
blah.gif

Shars

Thank you very much! She's not too impressed with it. Hmm...
nonono.gif
You're welcome. Glad there was a review so you could make up your mind instead of buying blind. A lot of lighter colours seem to be in trend for this spring/summer season so maybe they'll be something yet that will be more worth it for you.

Audrey C

Thank you ladies! That's good to know. I'm happy with my foundation but am always looking for new and better ways to look glowy LOL. I've never really looked into Guerlain's foundations and BB creams so I had no idea they were so limited in shade range. Quite strange! Guess for now I'll stick with what I've got unless and until I'm able to get some samples in the future.
My favourite foundations are MUFE HD120 and Bobbi Brown BB cream in Fair. I really like the finish of both Lumiere de Peau and Clinique Redness Solutions, but both only have shades that are too pink for me in the light-medium range.

Medgal07

I've got the Elemis Papaya Enzyme peel and I've recently started using the Radical Moisturizing Cleanser (new-ish at Sephora) and they're both great. I've even gotten a new humidifier for my room! LOL So I'm working on it! But it's not just my face that's dry - my eyes are so dry at night they get stuck together so I have to keep rewetting drops beside my bed just so I can open my eyes when I wake up! So all things considered, a little patchiness isn't too bad!
Wow Ella---you're certainly doing all you can to combat this. I hope it's getting better!!!

Latest posts