(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Jayjayy

I can't believe that CP is still available given all of the pre-launch hype/hysteria. I went into a Sephora today (for a return, but the line was too long!) and there were stacks of them on the display. I wonder what those ebay scalpers are doing now...
I rarely saw empty displays even when it was first released. I've seen more sold out Opal, tbh.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Just snagged it
smiles.gif
thanks!
I'm glad that you were able to get it! From what I've seen, it was a well loved product so I'm happy it's available again, especially since I missed the first release. I read on Trendmood that it may become permanent in spring of 2016 but that has not been confirmed as of yet. Just in case it doesn't though, I would suggest those who want to purchase it to buy it now.

YarahFlower

I'm glad that you were able to get it! From what I've seen, it was a well loved product so I'm happy it's available again, especially since I missed the first release. I read on Trendmood that it may become permanent in spring of 2016 but that has not been confirmed as of yet. Just in case it doesn't though, I would suggest those who want to purchase it to buy it now. 
:hug: I'm going to get a back up just in case it's a can't live without product!

BrittLuvsMakeup

th_hug.gif
I'm going to get a back up just in case it's a can't live without product!
I think that's a great idea. There's nothing worse than loving a limited edition product and then running out of it without having a back-up or not being able to obtain another at a decent price.

DILLIGAF

Forgive my ignorance but what is really great about Bronze Glow?
I know I want it because of FOMO. I liked Copper Diamond more when it was released. However after the sell out I saw a video with a Yter wearing it and it looked amazing some time last year. I think it was Jackie O.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I know I want it because of FOMO. I liked Copper Diamond more when it was released. However after the sell out I saw a video with a Yter wearing it and it looked amazing some time last year. I think it was Jackie O.
I'm feeling the pull of FOMO as well. Maybe I should just order it...? I can always return it if I find it to be dupable right? Ughhh le sigh, my poor no-buy.

Prettypackages

Below is the YSL Palette Lumière Divine, Highlighting Finishing Powder & the Lumière Divine Perfecting Polishing Brush

The items are stunning and my iPhone pics can't begin to show the beauty of the compact itself, the powder and the brush.
The powder feels like silk and blends to a soft sheen not captured in my swatch.

Of course I want it when it is sold out. Ah well!

Twinkle_Twinkle

It's a beautiful peachy highlight but it can go from 0-100 real quick! It's very, very shimmery but not glittery. It's also super pigmented. It has that MAC EDSF vibe to it.
Is it at all like Becca's Topaz or something similar? I haven't come across any good swatches online.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Thanks. What about Pink Glow? I'm thinking I like the look of that one more. Let me Google.
I'm curious about Pink Glow as well. Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a decent amount of swatches of it on darker skin. Did anyone here get the initial release and if so, could you tell us how you like it?

Vineetha

Aww, thank you! I'm so happy that they've decided to rerelease it so that everyone who missed the initial release (or those who have it and want a backup) will have the opportunity to get it without having to pay an exorbitant price for it on eBay or other places. I wish more companies would consider bringing back limited edition products that were popular and greatly loved. I know it defeats the purpose of an item being limited edition, but at the same time, if there is still a high demand for a product after the product is sold out, it wouldn't hurt them financially to bring it back.  I'm curious about Pink Glow as well. Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a decent amount of swatches of it on darker skin. Did anyone here get the initial release and if so, could you tell us how you like it?
If you go to the Bobbi brown thread, you can find swatches and reviews of both the highlighters when it first came out!! Hth!! The gallery has swatch pics too!! ;)

Medgal07

Thanks. What about Pink Glow? I'm thinking I like the look of that one more. Let me Google.
There are pics in the BB thread swatch gallery. The pink is an overspray. I was interested because it's pink---totally forgot that it was out once before.

Medgal07

HOw is the scent?
Yeah, I have to see this first. I won't ever fall into ABH hype anymore after the liquid lipstick stuff happened.

Of course I want it when it is sold out. Ah well!
Pretty you have to be more decisive and come to the party just a little bit earlier.
girlhaha.gif

Jayjayy

Aww, thank you! I'm so happy that they've decided to rerelease it so that everyone who missed the initial release (or those who have it and want a backup) will have the opportunity to get it without having to pay an exorbitant price for it on eBay or other places. I wish more companies would consider bringing back limited edition products that were popular and greatly loved. I know it defeats the purpose of an item being limited edition, but at the same time, if there is still a high demand for a product after the product is sold out, it wouldn't hurt them financially to bring it back.  I'm curious about Pink Glow as well. Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a decent amount of swatches of it on darker skin. Did anyone here get the initial release and if so, could you tell us how you like it?
Hello! I bought Pink Glow last holiday season (I'm usually NW43). I don't love it...i had to pull it out of my purge bin. The color is more unique to my collection than the Bronze Glow but I find it difficult to lay color on the skin. I prefer to use a fan or stipple brush for highlighter, but the fluffier the brush the more glitter you get. With a dense brush it applies more silvery on my skin, with obvious silver glitter particles. It's not bad depending on what you're looking for but I can see why most WOC reviews were for Bronze Glow.