(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Shars

Is it at all like Becca's Topaz or something similar? I haven't come across any good swatches online.
No, it's not like Topaz from my recollection. Do you have MAC's EDSF in Superb? It's like if you layered Superb over The Balm's Betty Lou! It has those micro shimmers like Superb but the shade and sheen of Betty-Lou.

jaymuse

For those of you who are interested, the Bobbi Brown Highlight Powder in Bronze Glow is now available on Sephora.com. I missed out on this the first time it came out so I ordered it as soon as I saw it.

http://www.sephora.com/highlight-powder-P401602?skuId=1742535
Ughhhh I love this highlight! Reminds me to pull it out and use it more often!
eyelove.gif

montREALady

It's a beautiful peachy highlight but it can go from 0-100 real quick! It's very, very shimmery but not glittery. It's also super pigmented. It has that MAC EDSF vibe to it.
Aww, thank you! I'm so happy that they've decided to rerelease it so that everyone who missed the initial release (or those who have it and want a backup) will have the opportunity to get it without having to pay an exorbitant price for it on eBay or other places. I wish more companies would consider bringing back limited edition products that were popular and greatly loved. I know it defeats the purpose of an item being limited edition, but at the same time, if there is still a high demand for a product after the product is sold out, it wouldn't hurt them financially to bring it back.  I'm curious about Pink Glow as well. Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a decent amount of swatches of it on darker skin. Did anyone here get the initial release and if so, could you tell us how you like it?
  [COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR]:bigthumb: [COLOR=0000FF]I was waiting for it to resurface---missed it the first time around.[/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF]Me too[/COLOR]:frenz:  
I ordered BG with my Sephora Epic Fail $. I said I was done with highlighters but free is good and I don't feel like figuring out what to get before the code expired, lol. This landed in my lazy lap, hahaaaa!
Hello! I bought Pink Glow last holiday season (I'm usually NW43). I don't love it...i had to pull it out of my purge bin. The color is more unique to my collection than the Bronze Glow but I find it difficult to lay color on the skin. I prefer to use a fan or stipple brush for highlighter, but the fluffier the brush the more glitter you get. With a dense brush it applies more silvery on my skin, with obvious silver glitter particles. It's not bad depending on what you're looking for but I can see why most WOC reviews were for Bronze Glow.
Thanks for this.

montREALady

I rarely saw empty displays even when it was first released. I've seen more sold out Opal, tbh.
+ [@]Twinkle_Twinkle[/@] The displays were always empty in NYC when I went. Time Sq and 34th. Haven't been to Sephora in some weeks though. I always had to ask to see it and they'd pull the lone display one from the drawer or the studio. Thinking ...maybe they didn't have a new display for it. But no gold boxes in the drawers either. I had to order mine online. This was during the point promo right before Epic Fail...so that can be why too.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Ughhhh I love this highlight! Reminds me to pull it out and use it more often!
eyelove.gif
The more I hear people rave about it, the more impatient and excited I get while I'm waiting for it to arrive. Thank God mine is scheduled for delivery on Friday, I don't think I have the patience to wait until next week to get it, lol.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Hitchcockblonde posted the link to the limited edition Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette in the Sephora thread. I wanted to post it here in case any of you ladies were interested in this palette but don't look in the Sephora thread that often. It's VIB Rouge and VIB exclusive for now.
I think the Hourglass Palette is a skip for me. The individual pans are so small and I'm not that interest in half of the shades in the palette. Great news for my wallet.

Shars

FOMO got the better of me. I ordered Bronze Glow. Le sigh. (There is an overspray on the product right? Why do companies do that?!?!). Part of me really hopes it's dupable so that it can go right on back. Is that terrible?

I think the Hourglass Palette is a skip for me. The individual pans are so small and I'm not that interest in half of the shades in the palette. Great news for my wallet.
No overspray on Bronze Glow. The overspray was on Pink Glow.

BrittLuvsMakeup

The Hourglass Palette is a skip for me as well. As you've stated, the individual pans are smaller than the singles and from what I've heard, are about the same size as their travel size pans (I don't know this for a fact though so don't quote me but they are obviously smaller than the standard size pans). In addition, the top half of the palette doesn't look like it will do anything for me and the bottom shades aren't exceptional enough, in my opinion to pay $80 just to get them. So this is great for my wallet as well.

montREALady

I wasn't aware of it the first time around, but when Pink Glow came up on the website recently, I saw so many people saying that they wanted Bronze Glow that I was compelled to look up swatches and reviews and immediately wished I hadn't missed out on it. So when I saw it pop up on Sephora, I squealed and ordered it quickly, lol.

Thanks for your review of the product. Based on the swatches that I have seen as well as your review, I think I'm going to pass on Pink Glow. I don't think the color will suit my personal tastes.

You're welcome! I'm glad that you found something to purchase with your code! Even though you said you were done with highlighters, it's a guilt-free purchase since it's free!
Exactly! I remember discussing it in here once and thought it was just another that got away since I wasn't paying eBay prices for it. This, MAC WOG and EL Heatwave are the ones I missed since I wasn't into highlighting this much. I highlighted, but used the same one or two all the time before coming in this thread! WOG is coming back soon so I'm glad about that. Heatwave needs to make a comeback!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Exactly! I remember discussing it in here once and thought it was just another that got away since I wasn't paying eBay prices for it. This, MAC WOG and EL Heatwave are the ones I missed since I wasn't into highlighting this much. I highlighted, but used the same one or two all the time before coming in this thread! WOG is coming back soon so I'm glad about that. Heatwave needs to make a comeback!
Has that been confirmed? I thought there were definitely going to be ED powders with the holiday collection but we don't know which ones yet.

Shars

Has that been confirmed? I thought there were definitely going to be ED powders with the holiday collection but we don't know which ones yet.
It doesn't appear on the colour stories so far and the product in the photo that was circulating seems to be an eyeshadow.

jaymuse

One of my IG followers tagged me in a NC50 swatch of Pink Glow & Bronze Glow. I've only got BG, but I've got some hi-res pics on my blog if you search for the name.

Here's the pic - Credit: IG @avalovesmommy_

P.S. My dupethat highlighter review is up on my blog, the link is in my signature if anyone is interested
flower.gif

BrittLuvsMakeup

One of my IG followers tagged me in a NC50 swatch of Pink Glow & Bronze Glow. I've only got BG, but I've got some hi-res pics on my blog if you search for the name.

Here's the pic - Credit: IG @avalovesmommy_

P.S. My dupethat highlighter review is up on my blog, the link is in my signature if anyone is interested
flower.gif
Thank you for posting this! Seeing this swatch of the newer version of Pink Glow is making me reconsider my choice of not getting it. I don't know if they made any changes to the original, but this swatch in comparison to swatches of the first release appeal to me a lot more. I would love to be able to see more swatches and reviews of this or swatch this in person before making a commitment to buy it though, so I'm hoping that they'll announce a store release date soon so I can see how it would look on me.

montREALady

I too wasn't into highlighting that much when any of these highlighters came out so to be able to have the opportunity to obtain them again when/if the company decides to rerelease them is great for people who missed out or really loved the product enough to want to repurchase if it were to become available again. This rarely happens but when it's does, it's so exciting! If they rereleased Heatwave and Whisper of Gilt, I think I'd be tempted to buy several backups, lol.

Thank you for posting this! Seeing this swatch of the newer version of Pink Glow is making me reconsider my choice of not getting it. I don't know if they made any changes to the original, but this swatch in comparison to swatches of the first release appeal to me a lot more. I would love to be able to see more swatches and reviews of this or swatch this in person before making a commitment to buy it though, so I'm hoping that they'll announce a store release date soon so I can see how it would look on me.
I guess I'm getting my BG next week, tracking isn't even showing up on UPS yet
sigh.gif
Placed it September 09, 2015, 10:44 PM (PST).

BrittLuvsMakeup

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, especially since so many people are excited about the new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette, however, I think everyone who has purchased or intends on purchasing this product should be aware of how much product they're getting for the price the company is asking for it.

Credit: @angelamarytanner and @trendmood1 on instagram

Quote from @trendmood1:

Unfortunately, the amount of product in the whole new palette $80 is LESS than the amount of one single shade $45. Each powder is .049 ounces. .049 × 6= .294 ounces. So let's do some comparison. A regular hourglass powder is .35 ounces for $45. The ambiant lighting palette is $58. Each powder is .116 ounces, times 3 = .348 ounces. So for this new palette with 6 powders you're getting less product for $80

Quote from @angelamarytanner:
Just for further reference a makeup geek eyeshadow has .064 oz of product. AKA the hourglass powders in this palette are smaller than a standard eyeshadow.

Despite the costs for the amount of product that is included in the palette, it is still valuable to have for those who prefer the convenience of having all of the shades in a single palette, especially if they do not have most of the shades included or if they have no desire to lug around or store single shades. However, if you are concerned about the monetary value of the product in regards to how many ounces you are receiving for the amount of money that it costs, I would suggest that you either go in store when it's available to see it in person to determine if you are satisfied or unsatisfied with the size, or see what others say about it once they have it in hand since some people's orders have already arrived or will be arriving to them soon. For those who have already purchased it, you can return it if you don't think it fulfill your needs or keep it if it does. Either way, I hope those who decide to purchase it or keep it if they have already purchased it are happy with their items (because that's what matters at the end of the day) and for those of you who don't want to purchase it can find something that can make them equally as happy since a plethora of holiday items are coming out.