(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

montREALady

Especially when that said highlighter is BRONZE GLOW!!!
That's so frustrating! I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm so impatient when it comes to poor shipping. My ispy bag this month is in a town 4 hours away from me as of today... and it's delivery date is the 17th!? :eek:hboy:  
Got it today! I haven't even had a chance to swatch it!! I'll wear it tomorrow. Looks gorg in the pan though! Oh and Ipsy. I'm ready to cancel shortly. I've gotten a few good things, but a lot of not so good. $10 though which is good. But yeah, they sometimes send shipping and I've already received it, lol.

jaymuse

Good evening, Ladies.

I've been on hiatus for a little while, but now I'm back for a brief moment. I'm looking for answers regarding a particular brand.
I have a sneaking suspicion that @jaymuse may have already tried it.
girlhaha.gif

Has anyone ever tried the Radiant Dust Powders from Gleam by Melanie Mills (www.gleambymelaniemills.com)?
I recently bought the 4-pack Dust sampler of all the shades. I want to ask a question of someone who've also bought/received the samplers either in the past or recently.
I'm curious about the quantity of powder per sample.

Hopefully someone out there, besides me, has tried them.
LOL! How did you know!??!

I just bought the Body Radiance in Deep Gold. But it's the liquid not the dust. But you were close!!

I did have the opportunity to test out all of the dusts at The Makeup Show SF, but I don't have any pics to show you =( They were great! Very similar to the Artist Couture powders.

cocomomo80

LOL! How did you know!??!

I just bought the Body Radiance in Deep Gold. But it's the liquid not the dust. But you were close!!

I did have the opportunity to test out all of the dusts at The Makeup Show SF, but I don't have any pics to show you =( They were great! Very similar to the Artist Couture powders.
I knew it!! You never fail me, Jaymuse. Hahaha!

I originally went to the site to buy the Body Radiance, but I bought the powders instead. They're pretty, but it looks like they altered the quantity of my powders per sample jar; none of the jars have an equal amount of powder. It just seemed really fishy to me. I was hoping someone had the samplers so that I could compare to see if this is normal.

The Artist Couture powders? I've never heard of them.

Medgal07

Forgive my ignorance but what is really great about Bronze Glow?
It's a nice highlighter----it gives me more of a golden then bronze glow, the formula/textue is nice and it's long wearing. I'm sure it's dupeable in terms of finish but why
would I want to even search my stash for a dupe
shrugs.gif
I'm an addict!!!!
girlhaha.gif
Oh---the design is different from my other highlighters so I guess that makes it unique
to my stash after all.

Medgal07

Quote: Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle So I have a confession. I think I am taking Bronze Glow (gasp!). I'm not really loving the sparkles and I like NARS Tribulation better. Good news for the wallet, especially in the wake of the ColourPop Labor Day sale, and the UD Spectrum and Vice palettes. Hooray!

I don't see any "sparkles"
icon_eek.gif
Seriously---am I losing my eye sight? It's very fine w/no discernible micro glitter. What am I missing
shrugs.gif
​I recently shared that I must
have left the house on more than one occasion looking like I made out with a glitter fairy---others seem to see glitter that I don't. I wore it today & took this pic for the
Christian Louboutin thread---I'm also wearing CL Zoulou lipstick.

jaymuse

I knew it!! You never fail me, Jaymuse. Hahaha!

I originally went to the site to buy the Body Radiance, but I bought the powders instead. They're pretty, but it looks like they altered the quantity of my powders per sample jar; none of the jars have an equal amount of powder. It just seemed really fishy to me. I was hoping someone had the samplers so that I could compare to see if this is normal.

The Artist Couture powders? I've never heard of them.
Teehehe! I aim to please!

I have no idea about the quantity in the jars. But I actually met Melanie Mills at the show and she was so nice and very hands on I don't want to think that someone so into their business could be fishy. But I know it happens!

My favorite highlight EVER is 'Lickable' by Artist Couture. Here's the link to all their colors: http://www.artistcouture.com/collections/all

They offer loose highlights similar to Gleam by MM. Here's a pic of me wearing 'Lickable': https://instagram.com/p/5GtywHyAg3/?taken-by=spencesbeautydepot

cocomomo80

Teehehe! I aim to please!

I have no idea about the quantity in the jars. But I actually met Melanie Mills at the show and she was so nice and very hands on I don't want to think that someone so into their business could be fishy. But I know it happens!

My favorite highlight EVER is 'Lickable' by Artist Couture. Here's the link to all their colors: http://www.artistcouture.com/collections/all

They offer loose highlights similar to Gleam by MM. Here's a pic of me wearing 'Lickable': https://instagram.com/p/5GtywHyAg3/?taken-by=spencesbeautydepot
I looked up pics online of other people's sample jars and they don't look like mine. I'm thinking it's because I had a coupon code for their Labor Day sale. It was for 30% off...but I wasn't expecting to have 30%+ of my powder missing as well. Pity.

Wow! From your pic, the AC powder really does look like Gleam's powder. Lickable is beautiful!

jaymuse

I looked up pics online of other people's sample jars and they don't look like mine. I'm thinking it's because I had a coupon code for their Labor Day sale. It was for 30% off...but I wasn't expecting to have 30%+ of my powder missing as well. Pity.

Wow! From your pic, the AC powder really does look like Gleam's powder. Lickable is beautiful!
Thank you! Hmm not sure about the powder situation sorry. I wish I could be more help!
001_unsure.gif

jaymuse

icon_eek.gif
Seriously---am I losing my eye sight? It's very fine w/no discernible micro glitter. What am I missing
shrugs.gif
have left the house on more than one occasion looking like I made out with a glitter fairy---others seem to see glitter that I don't. I wore it today & took this pic for the
I can't deal with how gorgeous you are!
thud.gif

And I want that Zoulou so badly! It's going to be my Christmas gift to myself haha

My bronze glow comes off more glittery as well, but I deal with it because, well, its Bronze Glow lol

Twinkle_Twinkle

icon_eek.gif
shrugs.gif

Medgal07

I can't deal with how gorgeous you are!
thud.gif

And I want that Zoulou so badly! It's going to be my Christmas gift to myself haha

My bronze glow comes off more glittery as well, but I deal with it because, well, its Bronze Glow lol
Thank you Jaymuse. It's an amazing shade and it's way more brown than the photo suggests.
th_happy1.gif
Time for me to get that long overdo eye exam!!!

Medgal07

Quote: Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle

That's so funny because all I see are small gold sparkles, lol. I'm sure you didn't look like a glitter fairy because they are "discreet" sparkles, lol, but it's just not what I'm looking for I guess.

You're correct Twinkle_Twinkle. I just went in to wash my face for bed and I saw the little sparkles----at some point today I was kissed by a glitter fairy----named Bronze Glow.
icon_eek.gif

msvluvsmac

[COLOR=0000FF]   I don't see any "sparkles"[/COLOR]:shock: [COLOR=0000FF]Seriously---am I losing my eye sight?  It's very fine w/no [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]discernible micro glitter.  What am I missing[/COLOR]:shrugs: [COLOR=0000FF]​I recently shared that I must[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   have left the house on more [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]than one occasion looking like I made out with a glitter fairy---others seem to see glitter that I don't.  I wore it today & took this pic for the[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Christian Louboutin [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] thread---I'm also wearing CL Zoulou lipstick.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR][COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR]
Beautiful!

Vineetha

You're correct Twinkle_Twinkle. I just went in to wash my face for bed and I saw the little sparkles----at some point today I was kissed by a glitter fairy----named Bronze Glow.
icon_eek.gif
graucho.gif
I would say keep her safe! EO has a tendency to eat them
lmao.gif

boschicka

I was back and forth with the ABH highlighters for a while, so of course I ended up purchasing all four. Unfortunately Macy's shipped them in a padded envelope, so my Starlight arrived broken and half of it fell on the floor when I opened it! They are sending a replacement, and lucky me, I get to return a broken highlighter. Returning broken powder items drives me bonkers. I get it everywhere!
Why can't anyone package things properly and why must I return fairy dust?!? Me and my first world problems.
girlhaha.gif

Back to highlighters, what was everyone's final verdict on these bad boys?