(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

montREALady

1464825840139_wm.jpg
[video=youtube;FkSjDa409q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkSjDa409q0[/video]

1464822911923_wm.jpg
[video=youtube;Qk8oFDD94aw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8oFDD94aw[/video]

Both great purchases but you see that Sun Dipped?? I can't. ??????

montREALady

Since I'm here. JS Peach Goddess:
20160531_185601_wm.jpg

1464736952785_wm.jpg

[video=youtube;OXQ7qW5E0xs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQ7qW5E0xs[/video]

20160601090859_wm.jpg

Doesn't come across peachy on my skintone. Just gold. It's a popping highlighter and that pan is humongous though. Consistency to me is like a cross between powder and ColourPop, more so powder. It's not powdery/dusty. I can't even explain it. I used my RT Setting Brush. Had to work/buff/blend it in with my Elf small stipple, which I always do with highlighters but I found a little more with this one because of the consistency.

GreenEyedAllie

The Becca palette is very nice! BUT I am still not sold on JH. I will hold out for a non, YT branded release. Fingers crossed...please Becca please?!!

I'm not in love with her either, but the palette is REALLY GOOD. I wouldn't hold out just because of her (and didn't, lol!).

fur4elise

I'm not in love with her either, but the palette is REALLY GOOD. I wouldn't hold out just because of her (and didn't, lol!).

Ooooh! You enbabler, you! ;) ~ We'll see.

I've been making great use of my Benefit Cheekathon, NARS, Dior & myriad of MSF to get all good & glowy...but then Hourglass went and did this:
hourglass_ambientlightpalette_custom4.jpg
Custom palettes were originally only available at the flagship store, but now are available online, $70.00
I still have no Hourglass in my stash. eta: I am seeing a $62 combo on Sephora that looks nice.

Last edited:

montREALady

The Becca palette is very nice! BUT I am still not sold on JH. I will hold out for a non, YT branded release. Fingers crossed...please Becca please?!!

I never even looked at one of her videos, lol! I love this palette...tbh, the last two days I've only rushed to use the blushes (today it's Amaretto w/Rose Spritz). I need to try Prosecco, maybe tomorrow.

Ooooh! You enbabler, you! ;) ~ We'll see.

I've been making great use of my Benefit Cheekathon, NARS, Dior & myriad of MSF to get all good & glowy...but then Hourglass went and did this:
View attachment 54528
Custom palettes were originally only available at the flagship store, but now are available online, $70.00
I still have no Hourglass in my stash.
Me neither, they're usually not as obscene as I like my highlighters ;)

fur4elise

I never even looked at one of her videos, lol! I love this palette...tbh, the last two days I've only rushed to use the blushes (today it's Amaretto w/Rose Spritz). I need to try Prosecco, maybe tomorrow.

Y'all are giving the FOMO feels! LOL! ~ I do have a few "obscene" highlighters in my stash, so subtle might not be too bad...then again I love sparkly shiny!

ARmakeupjunkie

Snooping around on Nordies and saw 3 new highlighters from Bobbi Brown on pre-order. Hmm!

I'm drawn to two of the shades, but wish there was more information about them online. No shade description on the site.

Thank you for mentioning the BB Highlighters. They're available on the BB site and there are color descriptions as well. All three sound interesting so I may have to order them all. LOL! #highlighterwhore

Fixed it for you :popc1:

LOL! Highlighters seem to be all I want to buy lately! #neverenoughhighlighters

There is nothing like a good, obscene highlighter but, I have to admit, the 3 I have from Hourglass are fairly obscene just not as bad as some others in the collection. And thank you for the ABH Sun Dipped swatches.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Artist Couture has restocked all of the Diamond Glow Powders on their website including the new shade, now named Coco Bling. It's described as a light silver iridescence. Since I have all of their Diamond Glow Powders, I'll eventually be adding this one to the collection. BTW, Broadway, which used to be exclusive to Ricky's NYC Broadway location is also available on their website. I have it already but just in case others were unaware, it's easier to get your hands on now.

I actually skipped the Becca palette. I was fully prepared to buy it today, and then I realized I don't actually like the blush colors and I have champagne pop, so what am I doing with my life?!? I even have a Sephora gift card! I also have a Nordies gift card that I didn't immediately spend. I must not be feeling well. :p

You must not have been feeling well. There's no other explanation for it, lol.

Total opposite here, had zero intentions of getting it and Britt puts up gorg swatches on a WOC and I'm suddenly buying it!! Despite not caring for CP! I figure returning if I don't like it is better than buyer's remorse and never knowing.

I'm so glad that I was able to convince you to get it because now you love it, lol. My mother wanted it at first and then when I asked her if she still wanted it the day it launched, she told me no. Now that she's seen it in person since I got it on Tuesday, she wants it again, lol. So I'll be camped on the website on the 16th to get it for her, lol.

Snooping around on Nordies and saw 3 new highlighters from Bobbi Brown on pre-order. Hmm!

I'm drawn to two of the shades, but wish there was more information about them online. No shade description on the site.

Thanks for the headsup! I went to the website and saw them. They look beautiful. I'm most drawn to two of the shades too but I would probably get all 3 since they all look nice, lol.

*runs to peek*

I like the look of the pics of Sunset Glow and Afternoon Glow but Lord KNOWS I need no more highlighters!

I'm in the same boat but I don't think not needing more is going to stop us or anyone else in this thread, lol.

View attachment 54520
[video=youtube;FkSjDa409q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkSjDa409q0[/video]

View attachment 54521
[video=youtube;Qk8oFDD94aw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8oFDD94aw[/video]

Both great purchases but you see that Sun Dipped?? I can't. ������

These swatches are absolutely gorgeous! I almost regret not getting Sun Dipped when it was on the site. I went to Macy's today to do a return and completely forgot to check to see if it was available. I don't know if I would have purchased it if they had it but I definitely would have swatched at least. I did think to check when I made a return to Sephora but they didn't have any Glow Kits available.

I'm indifferent about Jaclyn but I'm a fan of BECCA's products so I agree. The palette is gorgeous with or without her name attached to it so it's definitely worth it to buy if you like the product.

Lol, I've watched some of her videos before but I'm not a fan, lol. I don't like or dislike her. I didn't even know who she was when I first heard about Champagne Pop but I bought it because I buy all of BECCA's highlighters, lol. The face palette itself is gorgeous regardless.

Thank you for mentioning the BB Highlighters. They're available on the BB site and there are color descriptions as well. All three sound interesting so I may have to order them all. LOL! #highlighterwhore

LOL! Highlighters seem to be all I want to buy lately! #neverenoughhighlighters

Thanks for mentioning that they are also available on Bobbi Brown's website. Between the beautiful shades themselves and the fact that they're limited edition, I might have to buy them all. I've mostly been on an eyeshadow palette kick but I can never resist a highlighter, lol. That's exactly why we're in this thread in the first place.

Prettypackages

OH Montreal, Becca and Jhill should pay you for those swatches. THey have even convinced me.

I was going to say something else and completely forgot. Oh well...

GreenEyedAllie

Fixed it for you :popc1:

LOL! I added it to my :heart: list and signed up for a "back in stock" email...What the hey! We only get to sparkle in this life, might as well go hard!
View attachment 54531

YAASS!

OH Montreal, Becca and Jhill should pay you for those swatches. THey have even convinced me.

I was going to say something else and completely forgot. Oh well...

They really do look stunning on her. I have the palette and love it on me, but when I saw those pics, I was like 'Oh my!'

fur4elise

Messy and bad lighting but Sunset Glow (the pink one) is my new favorite!!

Sunset Glow, Telluride Glow
View attachment 54555 View attachment 54556

Cover FX Candlelight Drops View attachment 54557

I missed out on the pink Dior Glowing Gardens and that BB Sunset Glow is very very pretty!

The CoverFX looks subtle and I like that! I tried the Becca SP Liquid(Rose Gold) a couple ways and it just gave me the oilies! I'm hoping the CFX will be a better fit. I actually like the look of Candlelight, Sunlight & Sunset. Once they are in store I'll grab some samples to try. In fact I am testing a sample their Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation this weekend (the HG foundation for summer hunt continues!).

Last edited:

fur4elise

dior is probably coming back based on the look of the highlighter from the fall collection
Aaaaah! Now see, I may have to hold onto my pennies for that! I love my Nude Glowing Gardens! It just feels so special when I get it out of its box and little pouch. :heart:

jaymuse

Hi y'all! Long time no talk .. I've been super busy! But I went to Sephora today and picked up the Bobbi Brown beach shimmer powder in 'Bikini Bronze' and I thought of you guys IMMEDIATELY. No one else appreciates its beauty!
DSC07746.jpg

DILLIGAF

I picked up my 3rd Black up Sublime Powder today at the Sephora event. I now have 1,2, and 4. I can almost never find it in stock at other Sephoras in the area. The perks of going to a brand new store.

Latest posts