(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

fur4elise

Thought I'd share this here. My coworker was talking to me the other day and mentioned another coworker, saying that the woman looks like she has "metal on her cheeks!" She asked what the heck it was. I need to go find my metal-cheeked coworker and see what highlighter she's wearing!
Best thing I've read all day!!! Yes, go forth and find thine shiny coworker and let us know! lol.

:roflmao:TWO best things I've read today!

GreenEyedAllie

Thought I'd share this here. My coworker was talking to me the other day and mentioned another coworker, saying that the woman looks like she has "metal on her cheeks!" She asked what the heck it was. I need to go find my metal-cheeked coworker and see what highlighter she's wearing!

YAASS! Inquiring minds need to know!

Best thing I've read all day!!! Yes, go forth and find thine shiny coworker and let us know! lol.

LOL!

:roflmao:TWO best things I've read today!

Ditto! :rofl:

Sabrunka

Ah. So there is a Cosmetic Company Store at Birch Run! I did not know this! It is only about 2 hours away (closer to Detroit than G.R.).The next time I am a free bee, I will take a little day trip to do some shopping. In fact, I have to burn a couple vacation days before July 1 or I lose them. I hate taking days off to do nothing...

There's a CCO at the Off Saks at Great Lakes Crossing! They always have a juicy and very large variety of stuff lol. Including Tom Ford makeup and all sorts of knick knacks!

theparfumfairy

These new Cover FX highlighters are liquid GOLD!!! Top swatches are Sunlight and bottom swatches are Candlelight! Not oily at all, dries down completely, long wearing and they blend out seamlessly! Surprisingly, you can wear these subtly or Boom bam boom in yo face packed with a punch seen from space! Highly recommend! :D

View attachment 54779

Wow!!!! I guess I 'll be placing a Sephora order tonight.

Prettypackages

so did you ever find out what she was wearing? :)

DILLIGAF

Listen! These Cover FX highlighters... I have no words! I just got Candlelight and its making me want the rest!

fur4elise

Listen! These Cover FX highlighters... I have no words! I just got Candlelight and its making me want the rest!
I know RIGHT!!! I finally got a sample of Candlelight & Sunlight and too right! These are amazing!!

:sunshine: FOTD_CFX_5N1.jpg
I am in my summer shade of EL DW foundation (5N1 Rich Ginger) which tends to be a little "flat"/powder matte. I mixed in just a drop or two of Candlelight and my skin came to life! Yes! That "lit from within" look and no oiliness! I also dabbed on a couple drops to my shoulders on date night to enhance my tan...sigh...love:heart:

A teeny amount goes a LONG way! You have to work fast with these too, as they dry lightening quick. I attempted highlighting with Sunlight and once it dries you have to work at it to blend/tap it into the skin. So please excuse the excessively lit highlight areas...I am very Twilight today! lol! Of all the liquid or cream highlighting products I've tested, I will definitely be picking up a bottle of Candlelight!

p.s. KVD Liquid Lipstick Berlin on lips ;)

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

I know RIGHT!!! I finally got a sample of Candlelight & Sunlight and too right! These are amazing!!

:sunshine: View attachment 54989
I am in my summer shade of EL DW foundation (5N1 Rich Ginger) which tends to be a little "flat"/powder matte. I mixed in just a drop or two of Candlelight and my skin came to life! Yes! That "lit from within" look and no oiliness! I also dabbed on a couple drops to my shoulders on date night to enhance my tan...sigh...love:heart:

A teeny amount goes a LONG way! You have to work fast with these too, as they dry lightening quick. I attempted highlighting with Sunlight and once it dries you have to work at it to blend/tap it into the skin. So please excuse the excessively lit highlight areas...I am very Twilight today! lol! Of all the liquid or cream highlighting products I've tested, I will definitely be picking up a bottle of Candlelight!

p.s. KVD Liquid Lipstick Berlin on lips ;)
You look great!! I have yet to try this in my foundation. I'm just so enamored of the shine I get on my cheeks.

leonah

I kind of want the sweets kit. but I already own all three glow kits. I like them a lot especially sun dipped. but I think I like her regular illuminators more. yeah I don't really like that they're made in china but at least I know she (claudia) flying over there once in a while and perfecting the formula and checking them out. at least some "quality control" instead of some other brands that don't care what they put in their eyeshadows etc..

shellygrrl

Staff member
What's the problem with them being made in China? Are they putting something in the product we don't know about?

There's a massive stigma about that and has been for years.

I think it's partially connected with inexpensive brands selling/rebranding mass eyeshadow palettes (think the big 88/120/180 eyeshadow palettes Coastal Scents and BH, among others, have sold that you can find on eBay for cheap) or other cosmetics and people having reactions to something in them that probably shouldn't have been (or sometimes ingredients that are commonly present but are present at unsafe levels?), plus toys manufactured there that have toxic levels of something or other in them or whatnot.

fur4elise

I kind of want the sweets kit. but I already own all three glow kits. I like them a lot especially Sun Dipped. but I think I like her regular illuminators more. yeah I don't really like that they're made in china but at least I know she (claudia) flying over there once in a while and perfecting the formula and checking them out. at least some "quality control" instead of some other brands that don't care what they put in their eyeshadows etc..
^^^^^Sun Dipped would be the one I would go for at this point...BUT...there is imminent danger in the Sephora thread from both BECCA & Hourglass...lol

Shelly mentioned the CS 88/120 palettes. I won one a looooong time ago from a YT contest. It worked for doing fantastical fun stuff, NOT for everyday looks...just cheap all the way around. No allergic reactions but they just sucked! So I never purchased any and this is why I never bothered with brands like Morphe or Gerard, etc.

leonah

^^^^^Sun Dipped would be the one I would go for at this point...BUT...there is imminent danger in the Sephora thread from both BECCA & Hourglass...lol

Shelly mentioned the CS 88/120 palettes. I won one a looooong time ago from a YT contest. It worked for doing fantastical fun stuff, NOT for everyday looks...just cheap all the way around. No allergic reactions but they just sucked! So I never purchased any and this is why I never bothered with brands like Morphe or Gerard, etc.

yeah I don't bother to buy stuff from those kinds of brands either but I do like ABH so.. you need sun dipped lol at least if you'regoing to buy one of them get that one :rolleyes: :stickpoke:

Latest posts