Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

janette9687

So it is true that we should come the brushes hairs? And i saw on the website that we should not spot clean the brushes after using, just wipe it off on a tissue, is that really enough? Im afraid i would mix the colors if i used a different product the next day. They also say to deep clean every few months, i wash my mac brushes at least every 2 weeks, so im not really sure what to do,,
I dont follow what they say to the key, I dont keep them all out at the same time only the ones ima use like the essentials. I put the rest in a brush roll so they dont collect dust or bacteria since these are animal hairs. I dont spot clean my blue squirrels or wash them regularly becuz the hair on these is more fragile. I only use these for powder so after use i dust them off on a rag or towel. I wash my blue squirrels with the hakuhodo brush cleaner I bought, you only need a drop anything more will give them a waxy feeling. You dont need to get the hakuhodo cleaner just any mild brush cleaner that has no alcohol or much in it. These are my personal brushes that i only use on myself so Im not worried about transfering anyone elses oils to mine. I do wash them about every 3 wks for my blue squirrel ones. My other goat or horse hairs i was the regularly and I spot clean if I use a liquid becasue i dont have to be as high maintenance with these. Only brushes I actually did comb through were my big blue squrrel brushes becaue i didnt want the wet wringed hairs to dry and be prone to breakage. My blue squirrel hair ones are my bigger investments so yes ima take care of them I dont think ive spent less then $65 on a blue squirrel one. HTH

janette9687

Woah! What a nice collection!! What are your favoriete powder brushes? Do you have the flat one?
Thank you! Took me awhile to build but i was determined! Which flat one?

Quote: Originally Posted by allthingsglam

I love this it is drool worthy girl I wanna be like u when I grow up lol u should post this in my thread I made called freshly washed babies I love looking at brushes freshly washed
Thanks! I will try and find that thread and post it :)

josephine90

I dont follow what they say to the key, I dont keep them all out at the same time only the ones ima use like the essentials. I put the rest in a brush roll so they dont collect dust or bacteria since these are animal hairs. I dont spot clean my blue squirrels or wash them regularly becuz the hair on these is more fragile. I only use these for powder so after use i dust them off on a rag or towel. I wash my blue squirrels with the hakuhodo brush cleaner I bought, you only need a drop anything more will give them a waxy feeling. You dont need to get the hakuhodo cleaner just any mild brush cleaner that has no alcohol or much in it. These are my personal brushes that i only use on myself so Im not worried about transfering anyone elses oils to mine. I do wash them about every 3 wks for my blue squirrel ones. My other goat or horse hairs i was the regularly and I spot clean if I use a liquid becasue i dont have to be as high maintenance with these. Only brushes I actually did comb through were my big blue squrrel brushes becaue i didnt want the wet wringed hairs to dry and be prone to breakage. My blue squirrel hair ones are my bigger investments so yes ima take care of them I dont think ive spent less then $65 on a blue squirrel one. HTH 
Thanks a lot! I always have a lot of questions before spending a huge amount of money :) like you im limitting my order to a $100 and might place a second order the following month. I just use baby shampoo for my brushes, so no alcohol there, and i usually spot clean eye, blush and highlight brushes with mac brush cleaner. Im not buying any blue squirrel right now, most of my list are the j series

janette9687

I just use baby shampoo for my brushes, so no alcohol there, and i usually spot clean eye, blush and highlight brushes with mac brush cleaner. Im not buying any blue squirrel right now, most of my list are the j series
You should be fine with the J series, they have some of the most unique ones and i just adore the white bristles! lol

mosha010

@janette9687 omg thank you for your detailed look into hakuhodo. I'm on my second order and already planning my third lol the craftsmanship and quality of these brushes is ridiculous. I've even had non makeup expert people (my fiancé, my mom...) compare the feel and comparison bet haku and other brushes in my collection.... My "fudes" win every time. In my opi: yes the combing helps keeping the shape, and if they recommend it, I'm doing it! I'm looking at that g5555 and g5552 ..... How do you like them, I see they're dif sizes, any preference?

Pinkdollface

I'm wondering isn't it harmful to comb the brushes while still wet? For your own hair it's never recommended because they are more vulnerable.

mosha010

I squeeze the water out softly with a towel first and sooooffftly comb the hairs to kinda separate them but give them shape so they dry out in shape....

allthingsglam

I squeeze the water out softly with a towel first and sooooffftly comb the hairs to kinda separate them but give them shape so they dry out in shape....
im going to try this because lately with the brush cleaner I have been using my brush be so stiff after they dry I dont like the hakuhodo brush but I paided $20 dollars for it but I'm never ordering it again

mosha010

Ohhhhh ok now I got u. I use warm water and purity (philosophy) for deep cleaning and for spot cleaning I use MUFE and I swear by it...

MissHolland

Janette9687, the flat brush i mean is the G527 or the G527M. I like to use flat brushes for powder en would like to know if this is a nice brush to use.

I'm afraid to use a brush cleanser because there is alcohol in it. I had a information letter (i think?) from Hakuhodo with information how to clean the brushes. So i clean the brushes the way they say, with detergent for wool.

janette9687

Janette9687, the flat brush i mean is the G527 or the G527M. I like to use flat brushes for powder en would like to know if this is a nice brush to use.

I'm afraid to use a brush cleanser because there is alcohol in it. I had a information letter (i think?) from Hakuhodo with information how to clean the brushes. So i clean the brushes the way they say, with detergent for wool.
I dont have that one, Ive seen it before i hear it works amazing for mineral foundation. I like the smaller version of it better 528 its really tiny tho about the size of the RT stippling brush

MissHolland

Thanks, think i order the next time the flat brush :) Here is a picture of my Hakuhodo letter:
40676942_20140106_040607.jpeg

MissHolland

I'm on my phone right now so i don't know how big the picture is and if you can read it. Here is another one:
235f9d75_20140106_040543.jpeg
So its better to use a brush cleaner without alcohol. Purity has a lot alcohol in it too.

Pinkdollface

Haha sorry if it's confusing, my brush is literally called 'The wet brush', try googling it. :)
Haha I didn't know that brush even existed. Thanks I'll look into it.
Of course no prob, the size is a difference but not much by the ones I had, If i ordered again Id order the 4mm only they have longer synthetic hairs because the 2 mm are too short and they still absorb a lot of my foundation. The 4 mm is like the size of the mac 130 bristles  I am very very gentle with mine and i start from the bottom ones then to the top, i brush my hair wet because mine tangles a lot but i have the detangle brush too.  That suck i got mine and i paid like $15, i noticed i had to use only like a drop a brush or like barely 3 drops for the bigger ones if not they dry stiff or sticky, maybe that helps. I like it its like the beauty blender cleanser but less gel like I have heard of that i even tried it once because the purity was too strong for my face and i needed to finish it I dont have that one, Ive seen it before i hear it works amazing for mineral foundation. I like the smaller version of it better 528 its really tiny tho about the size of the RT stippling brush 
Thanks for the tip.
Thanks, think i order the next time the flat brush :) Here is a picture of my Hakuhodo letter:
40676942_20140106_040607.jpeg
I got that information form with my order. I still use my Mac brush cleaner for the brushes I used that day, but I only have goat hair brushes that are less sensitive.