Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

cindypltnm81

I have few Hakuhodo brushes. Here are a few pictures of my brushes:

This is de J544, i love this brush! I use it for blush. You can see how soft it is on the picture.

Is this a dense enough brush for less pigmented blushes or ideal for more pigmented blushes. Do you highlight with it or just apply blush?

MissHolland

I use it for pigmented blushes like Illamasqua and Nars. For les pigmented blushes i use a other brush. You can highlight with this brush to and its olso great for bronzer.

MissTT

Oh I don't necessarily consider it a waste of money, I just want to really appreciate and feel the brush on as much skin as possible since I'm not sure how many I will get at these prices. I don't do elaborate eye work so I'm not really needing a new eye brush. I've got a 239 to pack, 217 to blend, and NARS small dome for creasework + some random old brushes. Glad to hear the shipping was speedy. Just sounds like a good brand all around. Whichever brushes I buy from them I want them to be everyday brushes rather than some special occasion piece I stare at. Cost per use to justify my spending.
greengrin.gif
Right now my two brush needs are a blush brush for my MAC blushes (I use Yachiyo with NARS due to pigmentation) and a fluffy brush to buff in my undereye concealer.

I'm gonna check out the brushes you mentioned. Which series is the same as S100, but with a black handle? Is it the J Series? I can't really tell.
Did I mention the shipping is impeccable(received my order in 2 days on regular shipping)!

LC Balthazar

LC Balthazar, is the G5552 a nice brush for foundation? You have really nice brushes!
Thank you, I've been building my collection for a while. As for the G5552, I've been using it for cream blush. I think it may be too small and short for foundation. There is a larger one which I've read on blogs is better for foundation (The G5555 I think). HTH!

cindypltnm81

My eye brushes (From the bottom): J5529, J146, J242G, J5523, J5533, J142, J5522, J532, G5528, G5526
Oh my, your hakuhodo brush collection is insane!! I started with the S series, but I need to check out the J series too:) Thank you for sharing. What is your recommendation for an angular blush brush?

LC Balthazar

Oh my, your hakuhodo brush collection is insane!! I started with the S series, but I need to check out the J series too:) Thank you for sharing. What is your recommendation for an angular blush brush?
I like the J. One day I'll venture out to the S series (after some serious saving!). For an angled blush brush I use the J511. When I bought it at imats, the salesperson sold it to me as a highlighting brush, but I've used it mostly for blush. Which brushes do you have?

cindypltnm81

I like the J. One day I'll venture out to the S series (after some serious saving!). For an angled blush brush I use the J511. When I bought it at imats, the salesperson sold it to me as a highlighting brush, but I've used it mostly for blush. Which brushes do you have?
I have the S142, S146, and tomm my newly arrival S100 powder brush.

MissTT

You might consider the 210t. It's a great little work horse and more versatile than you'd think.
How do you use it outside of blush? Do you think it would work under the eye as well?

I'm trying to figure out which line is S100 quality, but with black handles. I don't need the gold ferrules.

cindypltnm81

How do you use it outside of blush? Do you think it would work under the eye as well? I'm trying to figure out which line is S100 quality, but with black handles. I don't need the gold ferrules.
The ones with the red handle and golden ferrule. I posted a pic of my 2 eye brushes that are part of the S100 series...

MissTT

Yes, but I thought someone mentioned they also make the same brushes for a little less money. They have black handles and no gold, but the hair is the same as the S100 line. Does that make sense and sound familiar?

cindypltnm81

Yes, but I thought someone mentioned they also make the same brushes for a little less money. They have black handles and no gold, but the hair is the same as the S100 line. Does that make sense and sound familiar?
I think it is the J series! I believe their the next best line under the S series. One brand with so many lines...

MissTT

Yes there are so many lines without much explanation to differentiate them. I plan to try something from J or S. I really don't like the tomato red used on the S-series. I'd love a dark red though. Actually, I may consider the red so it's easier to spot in a rush.

janette9687

ive slowly become an addict i been ordering some every 2 wks, (paycheck) lmao but i love them, ill try and posts pics soon but i have a few comparisons on my instagram janette9687

Latest posts