Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

cindypltnm81

d4f8070d_image.jpeg
Sorry for the crappy quality I'm using my iPhone for these and it's pouring outside but it's the g503 I grabbed the fix + becuz the seem the same height. I'm 4'10 so I have some tiny hands lol just to show it's size
I'm 5"10 so I can't wait to see what this brush will look like in my hands! lol you're so small:)

janette9687

Which do use everyday and/or is your top favorite? I love your brush collection:)
i use rotate them really but i grab the Yachiyo for to go thats why i bent the bristles :( in my makeup bag, I need to wash this and shape it back up, but

I love the G538 for highlighter over my other highlighter brushes ( G5521, K001) its works like a fan brush would but its like a bigger 224 version its really nice for powder as well if you dont want a heavy application or your highlight that intense.

I love the 210 to go over my foundation with fix+to make sure everything is blended or for contour, but i havent used it for liquid foundation, Im planning to order the j210 to try this out instead, Idk if the black goat hair is intrended for foundation becasue it is dyed and i read the j series is better for cream and liquids

I almost always use the G503 for contour you will love it for this! it blends your blush/contour very effortlessly.

I use the B103 for my chanel powder founation to set my foundation its really soft and fluffy

For blush I used to use the K020 a lot but since the G5545 and J110 arrived im loving the J110 so much for all my blushes

janette9687

Which do use everyday and/or is your top favorite? I love your brush collection:)
Thank you ma'am! I been obsessed these make such a huge difference in your makeup application. These Mac collections arent helping but I have managed to keep these in my budget and order them a few at a time, I have a wishlist so far and I have placed like 6 orders ahhh but they are well worth it.

MissTT

Sorry for the crappy quality I'm using my iPhone for these and it's pouring outside but it's the g503 I grabbed the fix + becuz the seem the same height. I'm 4'10 so I have some tiny hands lol just to show it's size
That brush is huge. How do you plan to use it? Thanks for posting your collection pics by the way.

I just received notice that my Tom Ford blush brush was delivered. Hakuhodo will have to wait a bit longer. LOL

LC Balthazar

Thank you for everyone posting their pics and opinions. It's so important to see and hear about it since we (most of us) have to order these online. I appreciate it!

janette9687

Thanks. Yes I've read this link before. I think we're trying to figure out a ranking for the different series. Does that make sense?

That brush is huge. How do you plan to use it? Thanks for posting your collection pics by the way.

I just received notice that my Tom Ford blush brush was delivered. Hakuhodo will have to wait a bit longer. LOL
really? I think its tiny! i've had this fo like 6 months i use mine for contouring it works great for that

MissTT

Maybe I'm misjudging the head. I don't have Fix+ lol. I thought Cindy posted it earlier in the thread and I also thought it was big then. That's why it definitely stinks most of us can only see them online.

cindypltnm81

6b4f4cbe_image.jpeg
G503 (I wanted depict how small the brush actually is in comparison to the other user with much smaller hands than me (5'10 my height) and she's much shorter than me)
7fcf0725_image.jpeg
3520568f_image.jpeg
J5543 here
a86b948e_image.jpeg
J531 here
50c36bde_image.jpeg
G503 here
c0cb7707_image.jpeg
All three brushes were able to fit in this one box. They are definitely quality brushes from the handle to the texture and softness of the hair! Very happy with my 2nd purchase from this company and look forward to adding in more...slowly! As this was a whooping $230 purchase, sadly:(

powderprincess

Please stop talking about the J5543, my poor wallet! Wayne Goss says it's a great dupe for the Tom Ford blush brush, too! ( Search on YT: Tom Ford brush dupes) Now I am deliberating if I should by the J5543 to use for blushes and the J110 to use with setting powders and bronzers. 
sweatdrop.gif
Here are the Tom Ford Hakuhodo brush dupes he mentions: Tom Ford Blush Brush -> J5543 Tom Ford Crease Brush -> J142 Tom Ford Eyeshadow Brush #11 -> J5523 Tom Ford Smokey Brush #14 -> G5514BkSl Thank you for the comparing pictures, it is much appreciated! I am OCD like that as well, there are a lot of brushes over the last years that I haven't bought because they didn't have a black handle. 
lol.gif
I don't think they use squirrel hair in the J brush series, it is mostly goat or horse hair: http://sweetmakeuptemptations.com/2012/09/16/hakuhodo-j-series/
. I have a lot of Hakuhodo brushes as well as Tom Ford. I don't find them that dupey. The J5543 is similar in shape to the Tom Ford, but the Haku is much more narrow and less dense in comparison. The J5523 is nothing like the TF 11 brush. I could see the Haku J142 as being similar to the TF 13, but the TF is denser still. The Haku brushes are all very nice, but I find the Tom Ford ones slightly higher quality.

powderprincess

i use rotate them really but i grab the Yachiyo for to go thats why i bent the bristles :( in my makeup bag, I need to wash this and shape it back up,  but I love the G538 for highlighter over my other highlighter brushes ( G5521, K001) its works like a fan brush would but its like a bigger 224 version its really nice for powder as well if you dont want a heavy application or your highlight that intense.  I love the 210 to go over my foundation with fix+to make sure everything is blended or for contour, but i havent used it for liquid foundation, Im planning to order the j210 to try this out instead, Idk if the black goat hair is intrended for foundation becasue it is dyed and i read the j series is better for cream and liquids I almost always use the G503 for contour you will love it for this! it blends your blush/contour very effortlessly.  I use the B103 for my chanel powder founation to set my foundation its really soft and fluffy For blush I used to use the K020 a lot but since the G5545 and J110 arrived im loving the J110 so much for all my blushes 
I have been tempted to try the J210 for foundation, but I worry it will absorb too much product and that it will be a pain to clean. Does anybody use the J210 for foundation?

cindypltnm81

. I have a lot of Hakuhodo brushes as well as Tom Ford. I don't find them that dupey. The J5543 is similar in shape to the Tom Ford, but the Haku is much more narrow and less dense in comparison. The J5523 is nothing like the TF 11 brush. I could see the Haku J142 as being similar to the TF 13, but the TF is denser still. The Haku brushes are all very nice, but I find the Tom Ford ones slightly higher quality.
I want to try the Tom ford blush brush. #6 is it? So the J5543 not comparable. Sad:( these brushes were not cheap...

janette9687

They are definitely quality brushes from the handle to the texture and softness of the hair! Very happy with my 2nd purchase from this company and look forward to adding in more...slowly! As this was a whooping $230 purchase, sadly:(
the g503 looks so baby in your hands! how do you like it? How do you like the J5543? what will you be using it for? I been debating this one since i got the j110. I hope you like your purchases! I limit mine to $100 at a time so i dont feel that bad for it haha

cindypltnm81

the g503 looks so baby in your hands! how do you like it? How do you like the J5543? what will you be using it for? I been debating this one since i got the j110. I hope you like your purchases! I limit mine to $100 at a time so i dont feel that bad for it haha
Ya, my HG brush for 2013...G503! Hands down best brush for that contour/blush finish! Way better than the 168...IMO! I'm loving the G503 so much, I might get the g504 too. Yes the brush in my large hands compare your itty bitty hands look small. lol But I find this brush perfect in every way! The brush head is perfect, the handle itself is small not the head size. It's more medium size and ideal for contouring for anyone who loves to do so. I'm so geeked over this brush...sickening! Okay, j5543 is a densely packed brush. Wld not use it on very pigmented blushes, unless your going for the concentrated look in one area of your face. I think I want to use this for cream based products, like cream blushes. I don't have many creams blushes because my skin type (oily/combo), but I have enough:) so far...this brush was a must for my collection as well. 2nd favorite! Now the last. The j531 and trust me I wasn't saving the best for last moment here. This brush sheds massively:( the brush handle and head are the standard and obviously biggest of the three. It applies finishing powder and foundation powder excellent! If it wasn't for the shedding. It wld have a 8/10 for functionality. It's soft and I can see it being used for multiple things. But because this was a $90 brush and the most expensive of the 3... I probably could have skipped it and spent $100 less. Overall 2/3 ain't bad! I love all the brushes nonetheless and will continue to slowly purchase the must have ones from hakuhodo!