Hard Candy!

XxDearestxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicala
I bought the concealer. I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would though.
th_dunno.gif

The color correctors are sort of sheer
ssad.gif

My thoughts exactly :/

HOTasFCUK

Whoo-hoo Canadians! Walmart is finally getting the Hard Candy line! I saw a huge empty display at my Walmart in Toronto (Scarborough) so its coming soon!

raincars

Has anyone tried their eyeliners?

The only product I have tried is their concealer palette. A couple days later I took it back. It was sheer and didn't blend well and just did not perform well at all. It was greasy, and icky. I don't recommend it.

Nicala

I should've returned mine ^

I bought the TM and it was already separated... product wasn't tampered or anything. But separated from the first day.......... I took that back ASAP. I'm disappointed in HC for selling products like this.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by raincars
Has anyone tried their eyeliners?

The only product I have tried is their concealer palette. A couple days later I took it back. It was sheer and didn't blend well and just did not perform well at all. It was greasy, and icky. I don't recommend it.

I have tried the liquid and cream eye liners. I like the liquid eyeliners. For the price, they're not too bad, and they come in some interesting colors and most don't budge or fade. In general they take a bit of layering; you won't get intense color out of the gate like a MAC Liquidlast Liner, but then you pay half as much for the product so... Some shades are better than others, and they all seem to take a minute to dry, but I just do one eye at a time and then sit in front of a mini fan for a bit and it works for me. The cream liners suck, even as eye shadow bases so leave those be.

kabuki_KILLER

Pretty much every product I've tried from this line has been a miss. Eyeshadows chalky and not pigmented. They're just not smooth. Mascaras either just clump and do nothing else at all or like the 1000 lashes, has a lot of fallout that irritates the eye.

I wanted to try a lipstick, but I couldn't find a single one that hadn't been opened and tested. They all looked used!

Goat Goat Etc.

Gawd, the MES are not Style Black quality and wish no one would ever say that again.

I tried the Green, Blue, Purple, and Brown-bronze. I'm keeping the purple and bronze. It's true there's fallout but you gotta wet them--now my brown-bronze one has a huge glitter vain and it's a little pain-even wet.

jaclynashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Gawd, the MES are not Style Black quality and wish no one would ever say that again.

I tried the Green, Blue, Purple, and Brown-bronze. I'm keeping the purple and bronze. It's true there's fallout but you gotta wet them--now my brown-bronze one has a huge glitter vain and it's a little pain-even wet.

I agree!
I bought the purple one and it was a huge disappointment.
ssad.gif

RayannaBanana

The Wal-mart where I am doesn't carry everything and I was wondering how else I could get the Blush Crush Baked Blush in Pin Up.

Twinkle_Twinkle

The Wal-mart where I am doesn't carry everything and I was wondering how else I could get the Blush Crush Baked Blush in Pin Up.

Does the Wal-Mart website deliver to Canada? If so you can just purchase products online.

Has anyone picked up anything from the new Winter Collection items? The Mini Must Have Kits look cute. I kind of want the Glamazon Glow kit because the bronzer is supposed to be a mini version of Heat Wave, but it doesn't not look like the full size version of Heat Wave; it looks like a metallic, shiny gold.
amuse.gif

RayannaBanana

Does the Wal-Mart website deliver to Canada? If so you can just purchase products online.

Has anyone picked up anything from the new Winter Collection items? The Mini Must Have Kits look cute. I kind of want the Glamazon Glow kit because the bronzer is supposed to be a mini version of Heat Wave, but it doesn't not look like the full size version of Heat Wave; it looks like a metallic, shiny gold.
amuse.gif
Not sure if theyship to Canada, can't find info if they do or not anywhere. Pin Up is out of stock still.

Caderas

Has anyone tried the $5 Christmas gift sets? It has 3 baked eyeshadows, a baked bronzer/blusher duo, and a little tube of their eyeshadow primer. Honestly.. I just wanted to try the primer out!!

The eyeshadows come in a silver-smokey trio, a bronze-smokey trio, and I think the last trio had berry-pink colors!

Kragey

I just wanted to say that I'm pretty impressed with the Welcome Matte powder. A light dusting really does mattify (or, if you're extra-oily, go satin), the package comes with a sponge and a mirror, and you get an absolute tons of product. I'd say it lasts for about 4 hours before you need to blot your oily spots. Also, it doesn't turn patchy on my dry areas. :)

CrazyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Is this line available at Canadian Walmarts? Anyone know?

I was wondering the same! We never get anything good over here
angry.gif

My local walmart in montreal has it! so im guessing it shoukld be at most canadian walmart.

ChelsMarie

I own a decent amount of HC items. I can recommend a few and there are a few I would say to stay away from.
I bought there TM over the summer and even though I loved the coverage it gave me it separated after a little over a month and I could no longer use it. I was very disappointed.
Another HC product that I would not recommend is the Walk the Line liquid liners. I treid the black one and it dried really hard and crusty and was so hard to get off. My eyes were so red and irritated after scrubbing for ever to get it all the way off. However I did get their gold glitter Walk the Line Liquid Liner and it comes off very easily and looks amazing. So the glitter ones seem to be ok, it is the flat colored ones that are a PITA.
They have those new Glitter baked Shadows, I think they are called Meteorite shadows or something. Well anyway, a friend of mine bought one in Space Cadet and did not like it. I was surprised because she usually really likes glittery things. She brought it over to see if I would want it and when I swatched it I seen why she did not like it. First of all the color is ugly. Its like this blackened green color. I usually like greens but this one was not pretty. It swatched very spotty and the glitter was so chunky and just fell off all over the place. I definitely do not recommend that color at least.
I have a couple of their new Hi-Def cream shadows (the ones that come in the tube) I have Pool Boy and Sequin. These are gorgeous and stay put. But they can stain your skin. I haven't noticed any staining on my lids but when I swatch them the stains remain for at least a day sometimes longer!
I got their new Matte face powder and I really like it. It works well with my Revlon Colorstay and other matte foundations.
I have the Pink Palette which is a highlighting palette (I do not know if it is available anymore) and I really like the colors. They stay a lot better if you go over them with another highlighting powder. The colors stand out well
I also have their new Glow All The Way face and Body Illuminizer in Doll face. It is this pink luminizing lotion. I don't know how I feel about it on my face but I like it on my shoulders and chest. I wear it when I go out dancing.
I recently got their new Cheek Tint Duo in Pillow Talk. It is a double sided cheek tint. Both colors are pinks. One is a bit darker than the other. I like to blend them together. They haven't caused me to break out or anything yet so so far I like them just fine.
I also have their new concealer, Glamoflauge. I have seen that a lot of people were not impressed but I actually like it. I have a lot of tattoos and while I do not want to cover them up it is nice to have something in case I need to. And this covers my tattoos pretty well. It is a good idea to use a green pencil and outline the blacks and red in your tattoo first and it doesn't hurt to apply a little bit of Benefit Stay Don't Stray if you have it. But even without that this covers the tattoo on my wrist almost completely with just 2 coats.

I really like Hard Candy Packaging. It doesn't surprise me that the inventors of Hard Candy are the master minds behind TokiDoki. It's all very cutesy. The products are kind of hit and miss like most other brands. I generally like what I get though so I will continue to get their products.

mochajava

I haven''t tried their makeup yet but every time I go into Walmart I look at their stuff. It all looks very exciting and unique. I can't wait to try it and by the sounds of it their primer is really good. Exciting!