Has B2M completely stopped in the UK?

Wannabe Junkie

Does anyone know the current situation?

I've finally got 6 items to return so I'm gutted that it may not be possible to B2M! I'm nervous about taking my empties anyway as most of them are depotted eyeshadows and I don't know if my local counter will take them. Does anyone have any experience with MAC in Oxford??

I would so love to get a new lipstick!

vocaltest

No it hasn't stopped just yet. I get the impression it won't stop for about 6 months. They're not recycling any products they're incinerating them.

LMD84

i did a back to mac about 2 weeks ago and the ladies didn't mention oiti stopping just yet.

Wannabe Junkie

Thanks vocaltest and LMD. I called up to check and it still possible the b2m but as you say they will be phasing it out.

I really hope they can find someone else to take the products for recycling. It's upsetting to think it has to be incinerated.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Junkie
Thanks vocaltest and LMD. I called up to check and it still possible the b2m but as you say they will be phasing it out.

I really hope they can find someone else to take the products for recycling. It's upsetting to think it has to be incinerated.

At least they're still taking it. I wonder how long we've got... I've been at the counter twice in the last week and I still forgot to ask!
th_rolleye0014.gif

P.S. Hi, I'm in Oxford too!
wavey.gif

Wannabe Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
P.S. Hi, I'm in Oxford too!
wavey.gif

wavey.gif
Hi! 2 visits in one week, I'm dying to know what you got, I've been restricted to online only for a few weeks.

The lady I spoke to said they were phasing it out but didn't give a time scale. I thought I'd get in quick though and may go later today. I've been inspired by all the bold lips (your impassioned lips included) so I'm thinking I may go bright. I know I'm going to be twitching to look at other bits whilst I'm there
tong.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Junkie
wavey.gif
Hi! 2 visits in one week, I'm dying to know what you got, I've been restricted to online only for a few weeks.

The lady I spoke to said they were phasing it out but didn't give a time scale. I thought I'd get in quick though and may go later today. I've been inspired by all the bold lips (your impassioned lips included) so I'm thinking I may go bright. I know I'm going to be twitching to look at other bits whilst I'm there
tong.gif

Thanks
smiles.gif
I'm up to 5 empties and not close to finishing anything right now, I just hope it keeps going for a few more months at least. (Though I guess I can always take them overseas next time I'm on holiday, it's just a pain to carry glass empties in case they shatter).

Nothing overly exciting haul-wise, I just got a couple of items from Rose Romance, and restocked on some basics (mascara, concealer, etc). Have fun at the counter, new lipstick is always exciting! And the Oxford MAC team seems really nice.

xxManBeaterxx

When they do stop the program, you gals should still save the containers.. You may come to the states or elsewhere some day (places where they accept b2m) and you can always go to a freestanding or pro store there and do the exchange then!

vocaltest

Its hard to say because I've been told its almost immediately, but another counter told me not for another 6 months. Who knows?

Wannabe Junkie

I got my lipstick - I got Girl About Town. I love it!!

I think it'll be ages before I have enough empties for another so I think I'll have missed the boat. But like you say ManBeater I could take them elsewhere to B2M.
yes.gif

angi

My counter said to me that they were no longer promoting it, but for the people that knew about it they would continue to honour it.

I mentioned that I might stop collecting my empties and she told me not to as I knew about it, which gave me the impression that it is going to be a long term phase out, or that head office haven't given any guidance on time scales yet.

inconspicuous

I've been told the same as most others in this thread so far.

I asked about it and the MUA at my local counter told me it would be phased out, but it "wouldn't be anytime soon" and reminded me to keep bringing them in. So it sounds to me like it's a plan for the future, but they're not doing it just yet, and she said it wouldn't be overnight, it would be a gradual change that was introduced.

I know the problem has to do with the company they contracted to recycle the returned packaging, so maybe they're doing it slowly in case they're able to find another company to do it, so they won't have to stop it at all? It might just be a provisional just-in-case measure.

Or at least, we can hope ;]

I'm lucky, in that I'm going to Canada at the end of this summer but I'm also going back to visit family next year, so if it IS phased out, I'll just save them up and take them over with me, or air mail them over for a friend to exchange for me. So definitely keep them because you never know when you / someone you know might be going somewhere where they're not stoppin git! =]

Sarah

oh i didn't relise they were stopping this, i haven't B2Med anything for quite a while and have some empties sitting about will have to take them in soon or just take them with me when i visit the US.
I can't believe they aint doing it anymore in the UK
ssad.gif

glam8babe

does BACK2MAC still exist?

im going to a mac counter tomorrow for the first time in months and have some empties (6 of then) and want to trade them for a lipstick
smiles.gif
im just not sure if its still on as ihavnt been on here in a while!!
thmbdn.gif