Has B2M completely stopped in the UK?

Chillicat14

Re: does BACK2MAC still exist?

(I found out recently myself)

Anytime
winks.gif

NatalieMT

B2M is at present still running, but sad times it is ending.
ssad.gif
B2M is very soon to be no more in the UK. We all knew it was going to be phased out but from the discussion I had in MAC about it today sounds like it won't be too long before it's gone. With the economic downturn MAC had nowhere in the UK to recycle the empties, so they were being sent overseas at a high cost. It's just not viable for them to continue with it so at present nothing returned in the UK is actually being recycled.

Luckily for me I spend quite a lot of time in the US and so can take my empties with me, but all the same it sucks, so B2M while you still can everyone!

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
thanks hun
smiles.gif
didnt realise i was online! x

Sweet!!! Didn't realize that either... Ha just realized this is the Euro chat... Is it the same in the US?

LMD84

yeah i always send my goodies to Richard at mac HO. he sends me back the free lipsticks because i can't get into a store.
smiles.gif
so i shall continue to send my lippies to him until i am told that they don't do it anymore. there have been rumours for years saying B2M will end.... but it's still going strong!

lindas1983

Well I just B2Med for three lipsticks today in belfast with no problem what so ever, they were all depots too and thety took them all fine.

Wannabe Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yeah i always send my goodies to Richard at mac HO. he sends me back the free lipsticks because i can't get into a store.
smiles.gif
so i shall continue to send my lippies to him until i am told that they don't do it anymore. there have been rumours for years saying B2M will end.... but it's still going strong!

Have you sent depots LMD84? I have a load of eyeshadows that I really want to depot but I know my local MAC won't take them.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Junkie
Have you sent depots LMD84? I have a load of eyeshadows that I really want to depot but I know my local MAC won't take them.

yep i have sent depots
smiles.gif

Wannabe Junkie

Woohoo!!
yahoo.gif

I presume I need to call the Customer Services number to get details of how to go about it? Thank you so much for sharing this info. It's quite sad how excited I am
blush-anim-cl.gif

LMD84

yes,call customer service and they can give you Richards address... i can't find my bit of paper with the address on right now! it does take about 14 days to have your lippies sent to you, oh and you can also get pro colours this way too!

Sarah

Shame they are stopping it over here, although i took mine over to the US on my last trip as i liked being able to pick from lipstick, gloss or eyeshadow

DollyGirl92

I was wondering about B2M since I've never done it before (I'm north east too like the OP). I think I'm going to save up and B2M at PRO in the US on my holiday.
I think if they stop B2M in the UK they need to start another kind of 'rewards' program, because even though it's a good incentive to recycle, it is also the only type of program MAC have that rewards us for being loyal customers who actually buy and use 6 items! most other brands do promotions and freebie offers other than MAC. They did offers with nordstorm (I think it was, or another Dept. Store) buy two get one free on lipglosses and eyeshadows. In the UK we're buying products too!

sorry for the little rant, just something I was thinking then.

JustDivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I was wondering about B2M since I've never done it before (I'm north east too like the OP). I think I'm going to save up and B2M at PRO in the US on my holiday.
I think if they stop B2M in the UK they need to start another kind of 'rewards' program, because even though it's a good incentive to recycle, it is also the only type of program MAC have that rewards us for being loyal customers who actually buy and use 6 items! most other brands do promotions and freebie offers other than MAC. They did offers with nordstorm (I think it was, or another Dept. Store) buy two get one free on lipglosses and eyeshadows. In the UK we're buying products too!

sorry for the little rant, just something I was thinking then.

Totally agree. Even trying to get a sample sometimes (in contemplating a prospective purchase) is like getting blood out of a stone!

lovesongx

I B2M'd for a lipstick at the beginning of May and they didn't mention anything about it finishing soon.

LMD84

i honestly think it's just one of those things that goes around occasionally. i doubt it will stop. ma's were just told to stop promoting it that's all.
yes.gif

coppertone

I B2M's for Made To Order last month and nothing was said - so fingers crossed they'll carry on honoring it...at least for the time being!