Have you ever been insulted over MU?

iadoremac

As long as you dont go out looking like a clown, screw what everyone else says I dont see any reason why people should comment on what other people wear or do to their bodies i think its just plain rude!

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadook
Am I just being over sensitive?
th_dunno.gif

Kinda. I mean, I wasn't there when he said it (or was I?
sneaky.gif
) so I don't know what tone he used, but I doubt it was said to insult you and to intentionally make you feel bad. He was just making an observation. It's as simple as that.

But it's okay to feel hurt because it is your appearnace he was commenting about, which is a very sensitive subject for a lot of people. It's natural to have those sorts of situations playing over and over in our minds, trying to analyze what the person meant.

I say, if you know you look good, it doesn't matter what one guy's opinion is. I'm sure you looked beautiful!

Half N Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorviolet
I've noticed that if a workplace is very casual, people will act like wearing make-up and dressing nice is totally weird. Like they think the only reason to care about your appearence is if the dress code makes you and never think that you might want to look nice for yourself.

I totally agree!! I work in a VERY casual office and wear pretty neutral makeup on a daily basis, but GOD FORBID I decide to wear a little extra lipstick or darker eye makeup and everyone is like "You sure are made up today...you must have a hot date tonight!"

I think people are just creatures of habit in general. We're used to the same things. Maybe this coworker of yours just wasn't used to seeing you like this and felt kind of weird about it...maybe he was really thinking you look hot. I don't know, people are strange.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
^ aww thats cute. I can just imagine a bunch of guys crowded arund your desk ohhing and awwing at all the pretty colours.

"So that goes on your eyes, right?"

yeah it is pretty amusing! pigment seem to be their fave item to arrive! they think they're best value for money and are amazed than you can use them on your lips and cheeks as well as eyes! hee hee!

buddhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorviolet
I've noticed that if a workplace is very casual, people will act like wearing make-up and dressing nice is totally weird. Like they think the only reason to care about your appearence is if the dress code makes you and never think that you might want to look nice for yourself.

I work in an engineering office where most of the male engineers wear khakis and golf shirts everyday and a lot of the female engineers wear the same as well as very minimal make-up. I think they (the other female engineers) think it will help them fit in with the guys.

I'm sorry but khaki pants make me
throwup.gif
. Screw fitting in, I wear pencil skirts, heels, and make-up because that's what I feel comfortable in.

- I'm the same, we have a casual dress code but I like wearing my shirts, jackets and make up. I like to look good, why shouldn't you exceed the dress code??? I wish I could wear skirts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
As long as you dont go out looking like a clown, screw what everyone else says I dont see any reason why people should comment on what other people wear or do to their bodies i think its just plain rude!

- If I wanted to go out looking like a clown I would like to think that I could!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
when i first starting working where i am now the guys (it's all blokes but me!) always commented on my bright make up - once i was even told i looked like the hulk because i was using teal pigment!! but it didn't put me off and i keep wearing brights. now nearly 2 years later they freaking love my make up! and when i wear more natural colours they ask me if i'm ok because they think i'm sad when i don't wear brights! plus they love it when my mac hauls arrive in store! so i guess i'm lucky but at first they amde comments.

if you are comfortable wearing any kind of make up be it bright or neautral then go for it! as long as you look and feel good then who cares?!

- My boyfriend is the same. When I get a new MAC or Lush order he pretends not to be interested for a few minutes, followed by "oh, come on then, show me what you got this time!". He loves it and demands to see swatches.

winkiss.gif

Pizzicata

Yes, but its a little different than what everyone else is describing.

I mean no disrespect to people who are into this stuff - but it involved a Mary Kay rep.

Somehow I got involved in one of their makeover/high-pressure-pitch-parties. I was only a teenager and not savvy about these things yet. The rep started calling me on the phone repeatedly to demand I buy Mary Kay makeup from her. When I declined she started getting mean. She tried to go in for the kill. Without any tact, she told me that my skin was very bad and needed Mary Kay makeup. I want to stress that she was insulting about it, not in a nice way like a sales associate at a makeup counter would typically be. I told her to sthu because I was under a dermatologist's care and was using the makeup line the doctor recommended (it was clinique). I was/am sensitive about how my skin looks, because its always been problematic. She finally left me alone after that. I refuse to get involved in any way with these Mary Kay people, actually any high-pressure-pitch events (candle, jewelry, etc parties). So that is how I was insulted over makeup, i.e., someone insulted me because I wouldn't buy their brand.

L1LMAMAJ

I feel ya.

I had a reunion with some of my guy friends from high school a couple years back and the first thing my friend said to me was, "Hey Jen...WOW you have SOOO MUCH makeup on!!!" Thinking back, it was barely anything because if he saw me now, he'd think I looked like a freakin' clown. Some people just don't understand.