Heels and shorts?

TrueRiot

What do you think of this look? I want to try it but I know there are some rules to pulling it off. Anyone have suggestions and/or pictures?

Shimmer

Look at Jennifer Aniston and how she does it, I think that's a pretty flattering style.
smiles.gif

pahblov

I never wear shorts without heels because I'm pretty short so I like it when my legs look longer, and more defined.

TrueRiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahblov
I never wear shorts without heels because I'm pretty short so I like it when my legs look longer, and more defined.

I'm a shortie as well, so this is why I was inquiring. I love how heels lengthen my legs.

mizzbeba

A beautiful pair of high heels will not only make your outfit look hot but your thighs and calves will look very defined as your muscles stretch with every stride. I agree with erine1881...wedges for any length of shorts, a sandal with a lower heel for longer shorts and I recommend getting some short shorts (for night time playing) and some nice 3 inch heels. Go for it girl, just be ready for the stares and the compliments.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth_w
Think Beyonce.

Oh God! Don't think Beyonce. Think Rihanna.

It can be a hard look to pull off but it's doable.

chameleonmary

I recall seeing Jennifer Aniston on the Letterman show or something along those lines, wearing a black shirt and a black pair of shirts with tanned legs and heels. I fell in love with her after that. Shorts are MEANT go be worn with heels!!
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

I love shorts with heels. Just one thing to avoid- highest stilettos possible with shortest shorts possible. Done any other way and it's hot.

I love wearing cuffed shorts, not daisy dukes but not bermudas either, with peeptoe wedges.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Oh God! Don't think Beyonce.

girlhaha.gif
i was thinking the exact same thing! i can't stand beyonce for many reasons!
th_mad0217.gif
fashion is one of them.

Tashona Helena

I like wedges and shorts...I just can't imagine heels and shorts...maybe if it was a retro type [closed] round toe. Something chunky...but not stripper skinny stiletto heels. If that makes sense. Haha too many adjectives.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
I like wedges and shorts...I just can't imagine heels and shorts...maybe if it was a retro type [closed] round toe. Something chunky...but not stripper skinny stiletto heels. If that makes sense. Haha too many adjectives.

definately round toe or peep toe. but i still say only with bermudas. anything shorter borders on hooker-esque. if you're gonna go shorter, switch to the wedges.

GlamYOURUs

I do it all the time in the summer. It looks hot! Wedges are cute too with denim shorts. And black stilettos with pin striped black shorts - my fav

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
girlhaha.gif
i was thinking the exact same thing! i can't stand beyonce for many reasons!
th_mad0217.gif
fashion is one of them.

Thank you! If you're gonna "Think Beyoncé", you'd might as well think "Ellie Mae and Jed Clampett".

Honey B. Fly

it can be done, just dont expose ur whole tummy or have major cleavage going on along with heels + shorts on.

to me its the same as wearing a short skirt with heels, if ur gonna work ur legs then cover up a lil more on the top

i would say never wear jean shorts with heels though, only wedges. i cant see that looking good.