Heels and shorts?

Kuuipo

Wedges or platform sandels.....maybe......In Honolulu, heels and shorts mean that you are a rental (charge by the hour).
thmbdn.gif

beth_w

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Thank you! If you're gonna "Think Beyoncé", you'd might as well think "Ellie Mae and Jed Clampett".

hahaha. I stand proud by my opinion. *folds arms*

(and I think Rihanna stinks.)

Babylard

has anyone noticed the trend with those grey striped cuff shorts + fishnet stockings + heels? the manicans look reallly hot with modest tops to balance it out.

i love my wedges and kitten heels but im soo self-concious about showing my legs. i wear a size 3 which is normal i guess, but i feel like my thighs are fatty >_< i reallly wanna wear shorts outside this summer though lol

xsnowwhite

i like wedges with shorts just not denim shorts. I think it can look trashy though in my opinion but its soo cute when worn right!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
has anyone noticed the trend with those grey striped cuff shorts + fishnet stockings + heels? the manicans look reallly hot with modest tops to balance it out.

I have! I love that look.

tiramisu

^^OMG cuuute!! Thanks for sharing.
I agree.. I like dressy short shorts with a more modest top, with round toe heels (or wedges, like others have said). Cute!

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Wedges or platform sandels.....maybe......In Honolulu, heels and shorts mean that you are a rental (charge by the hour).
thmbdn.gif

th_LMAO.gif
Whaaaaat?!? Oooooh Girl that is sooo Funny! LOL!

Seriously, all I know is...you'd BETTER make sure those are some CUTE shoes!!! Don't be stingy on the cuteness! Betsy Johnson has some Fabu Spring/Summer Collection Shoes worthy of wearing with simple shorts, etc., etc.

As always, make sure you have a nice healthy tan on those legs too. Have self tanner lotion, will travel!

TrueRiot

Thanks for the tips!

So wedges with short shorts? Got it!

How about peeptoes with short shorts ala Pam Anderson

Pamela_Anderson_Shoes.jpg

Of course I would wear longer shorts, my legs aren't spectacular enough for those little shorts, but I like the shoes. I don't have to worry about a tan, as a Woman of Color, I already have that covered. I will oil my legs up so they are soft and moisturized.

MsCocoa

I love heels and shorts, I prefer heels to wedges unless I'm going for that causal summer look.

gabi1129

right now im really loving highwaisted shorts with wedges. they are so cute. and i say as long as there is no booty hanging out of the short you're fine. unless you're at a club or hookin', then wear those booty shorts.
winks.gif

cupcake_x

Go for a chunkier heel. Perhaps wedges? Make sure your shorts aren't too short. Done wrong, this look will make you look REALLY trashy.

I suggest wearing a modest top, as well.

breechan

I agree with what you guys have said. The shorts and heels can look really nice when done properly.

If you show off the gams, then cover the ta-tas!

A good balance is important. Pick which parts of your body you are going to show off wisely. For the same reason you would wear a less dramatic lipstick if you do a dramatic eye, you do the same with clothes.

If a young teen wears this, it looks silly though IMHO.

...And Pam does look awesome in that pic, I think I'm gonna steal that look.

breechan

Oh, and a few comments about the heels:

If you want to lengthen the leg, then choose a shoe that doesnt have straps across the ankle or top of the foot (Pam's pic is an example of lenthening). The straps tend to cut the leg line. Also, nudeish colors also have a lengthening effect. This season, nudey bags, shoes etc are hot.

Also with wedges, since your legs are fully on display, a really chunky wedge that might be bangin' with jeans, may look too chunky with a bare leg.

I think peep toes are super sexy and cute with this look.
thmbup.gif