Hello from Canada!!

RaynelleM

Hello Everyone!!

I am from Toronto, Canada, the birthplace of MAC and am 24 yrs. young
tong.gif
! I have always loved using make-up and playing around with different looks and colours but only really got into MAC a few years ago. I actually vowed to never buy any more MAC eyeshadows after I got my first two quads (palettes) as they were a little too expensive for me at the time. Thankfully that didn't last too long and now I am definitely becoming more and more addicted to MAC and am so happy to have found Specktra!

I have a small collection at the moment (24 eyeshadows, 1 foundation, 1 concealer, 1 ccb, prep & prime 1 for face, 1 for eyes & 1 for lashes, 1 paint, 4 brushes, fix + and a brush cleanser) but am looking to expand especially as I will be taking make-up and special effects courses next year (I'm currently saving up for them but it's so hard esp. with all the new MAC stuff coming out
cheerleader.gif
) to hopefully become a MUA.
smiles.gif

Well, I've already been browsing around and have found so much helpful and interesting info! I am looking forward to chatting with you all!!

RaynelleM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
YAHH another Toronto Gal!!! ohh where are you planning to take classes?

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!
wavey.gif

I'm planning on taking the classes at Ryerson. I'm going to do them part-time as I work full-time. The teacher has done work on the t.v. show "The Twilight Zone" and for the musical "Cats" so I'm really excited about that!
smiles.gif

ivorygleam

yay... lots of toronto people!
welcome to specktra... there are lots of lovely ladies with great advice here

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaynelleM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!!
wavey.gif

I'm planning on taking the classes at Ryerson. I'm going to do them part-time as I work full-time. The teacher has done work on the t.v. show "The Twilight Zone" and for the musical "Cats" so I'm really excited about that!
smiles.gif

do you know what time they are offering these classes? I work during the day and I've always wanted to take classes on the side. does ryerson have a website for it with more info?

RaynelleM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
do you know what time they are offering these classes? I work during the day and I've always wanted to take classes on the side. does ryerson have a website for it with more info?

I think they are Mon and Wed, 5:30 to 10:30. I know that there are 3 courses that start in September and you would have to take them in order. But, I did speak to her earlier this year and she said if you really wanted to take the 3rd course first (as it is only offered in the summer … and that way you can finish all 3 by December) she would write a letter of permission allowing you to do so. You would have to have some make-up background to take the 3rd one first but she was really nice and said she would teach me the stuff I needed to know from the first 2 courses on the side. The only reason I didn’t end up doing it this summer is because I didn’t have enough $$ saved up!!
ssad.gif
It’s about $3000 in total, not including the kits, etc. that you would have to buy.

She also co-ordinates a similar part-time program at Seneca. I just picked Ryerson as it’s closer to my work and home.

Go to ce-online.ryerson.ca and look under Programs. It’s the first one on the list, it’s called “Advanced Make-Up Artistry and Special Effects”.