• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Helpful Video Tutorials not made by Specktra members

nunu

Hi everyone, this is a video i found on youtube from the Lebanease MUA Joelle. The tutorial is in Arabic and i'm going to translate as much as i can. It is basically a smokey eye look with nude lips using products from YSL and MAC.

YouTube - 2 Arabic Makeup Tutorial/ مع جويل

The artist first starts off by saying that she will be doing a subtle smokey eye look for nights out.

1) Start with an illuminating foundation which gives the models face a nice glow. She puts the foundation on the models face and neck.

2) Apply concealer under the eyes. I beleive she is using Touch eclat. Using a brush similar to the MAC 190 to blend everything out.

After she is done with the foundation and concealer, she says that the foundation has to look natural and that it should match your skin tone.

3) She then applies powder to set and then heavily apply the powder under the eyes to catch fall out.

4) She applies a wash colour to the whole eyelid (she calls it a base in the video), using a brush that resembles the MAC 239 brush. I beleive she is using a MAC pallete. She doesn't state which one she is using. It looks simmilar to MAC's Shroom eyeshadow or Phloof.

5) She then lines the the upper lashline of the model thickly with a black pencil liner. She then smudges it using a smudge brush. 6)

6) Using the 242 (my guess) she applies a black eyeshadow (could be Carbon eyeshadow) on the lid, covering the black pencil.

7) She then uses the 224 brush and applies a brown eyeshadow to the crease and brow bone of the model.

8) Then she lines the lower lashline of the model with carbon eyeshadow using an angled brush.

9) She then removes the excess powder from under the eyes using a blush or powder brush.

10) Using the 219 brush she will apply a goldish bronzey eyeshadow on top of the bottom black liner to make the look a bit softer.

11) She then applies a highlight colour on the models browbone. She uses a "champagne" ish colour.

12) She then moves on to filling in and darkening the models eyebrows.

13) Applies falsies from MAC, lines the waterline with black kohl and applies Mascara.

14) She then lines the lips of the model with a light rosey pink lip pencil because she wants the eyes to be the "centre of attention" for this look. Then she uses a pink nudeish lipstick.

15) She then finishes off the look by applying a light rosey powder blush to the apples of the cheeks.

Thats it! Then they do the models hair and take pictures of the final look.

Hope you guys like it
smiles.gif

BeautyPsycho

Re: Depotting without heat [video link]

^^ The exact same thing! I couldn't even cut the plastic to pul it back, so I just grabbed a candle and it was fast & easy (my very first depotting session yay!) ehehe

AndyLuvsMAC

ive depotted all my eyeshadows with his technique. perfect every time

AndyLuvsMAC

if u wiggle it just right u dont need to use alcohol. i used a knife and plyers, a little crude but o well

val-x

Are they B2Mable? Or is it in the requirements that it can't be cute or anything?

Winnie

Yeah they are B2Mable, using the candle method can leave your eyeshadow pots in a bit of a melted state anyway. I find this method really easy and I can click everything back into place after and looks like a perfect eyeshadow pot, apart from the lip of the insert which you obviously have to break off.

I use Nail varnish remover instead of alchohol, tweezers instead of a knife and my jewellery cutters. Works great every time.

Susanne

Video tutorial Estée Lauder

Here is a video tutorial for the spring look 08 by Estée Lauder : "How to look beautiful in spring"

The video is in German - but you will understand the "pictures" also without speaking German, I think. The tutorial starts after two minutes
winks.gif

Parfümerie Douglas - Douglas TV 15.04.2008

To start click "Anschauen".

ckara

This depotting method was 10 times better and easier than the one using a candle or open flame. Enkore rules. I love his videos.

nunu

Re: Classic pinup look by Dita Von Teese's makeup artist.

Thanks for sharing, it's great that he is a MAC MA and using MAC prducts because we can easily do the look
smiles.gif

nunu

I'm guessing russian red but i could be wrong.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshesaidred
Do you know which MAC lip color he used on her ?

i believe it was mac red, along with cherry lip pencil. we used those two on EVERYONE today.

TIERAsta

What a great video! It's good to see the pros aren't above sharing a few tricks!

Susanne

Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing.