High Definition For you...?

missasoup

So I am a devoted MAC employee and fan alike. I recently discovered something amazing though...

HIGH DEFINITION makeup...something mac doesnt have. Life happens in high definition right?!

CARGO, which is sold at Sephora's across the country is launching BLU_RAY makeup line which is for high definition filming. The pressed powder comes in only one color that fits even dark complexions suprisingly because it has revolutionary technology called "photocromatic pigments" So basically it adjusts to different lighting and it's like you're being photoshopped where ever you go. I have been using it for the past couple of shoots I've been on and it's AMAZING...fuller coverage with a natural payoff...just from a POWDER! It's oil free too!

There is a whole kit coming out at the end of january which includes a FULL SIZE: pressed powder, lip plumper quad(similar to lip fusion), blush highlighter(looks like orgasm but with photocromatic pigments), mattifier/primer, and a mascara... $59

I'm completely blown away by this innovative launch and felt the need to share with all of you. Go to Sephora.com to check it out or your latest allure magazine which talks about it.

glam8babe

i saw that on the sephora website and i wanted it straight away! too bad they dont ship to the UK
ssad.gif

kokometro

I love it. I'm sure more companies will jump on this. I saw that Luminess Air system which looks very cool. This means that for those of us who aren't on camera for a living can still look excellent for our digital pics. I would love that so much! I read that using your 187 for foundation makes you look airbrushed, and while that might be true, the cosmetic formula working with the camera is an exciting idea.

athena123

Ooh,thanks for sharing this - it looks like a fascinating set for a very reasonable price. I've been so intrigued with Cargo ever since I was introduced to their botanical lipsticks in the biodegradable tubes. When you're done with the lippie, bury the empty tube in your garden. It's made out of corn and contains wildflower seeds ready to sprout!

Very innovative line. Uh, Cargo hasn't been bought out by EL yet have they?
th_dunno.gif

GlamYOURUs

I was at Ulta yday and I had seen that Smashbox has a HD foundation!! I tried it on one side of my face and it was just remarkable! It was so flawless, so perfect, I was taken back. Imagine what it would look like in pics!?!? Too bad it was near 50 bucks. Im gonna wait awhile before I buy it. Maybe after fafi and heatherette are over. lol

Dani

I don't think I'd pay so much for just the powder, but that set's a great price. I want to try it!

*KT*

I put it in my fav list on Sephora before reading this... now it's on it's way to me. I've just gotta check it out. =)

missasoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
I don't think I'd pay so much for just the powder, but that set's a great price. I want to try it!

The powder by itself is $30. The whole kit is 59...great price. I'm still loving it...its been over a month now! I usually move on to the next best thing but I'm sold!

tina2579

This stuff is actually so amazing! It is totally photo friendly, no bounceback from flash or anything. I have put it on many different faces and EVERYONE has loved it so far! I highly reccommend this kit! Go try it for yourself!

tina2579

I usually can't do the comb mascaras, but the blu ray one was different. Way easier to apply and didn't get goopy. It took me a few times to really get it right, but now I have been using it not only on myself, but on all my shoots! Try it out!

Kuuipo

The blush is the same colour as Pepto Bismal. The powder comes in one colour only so far, and the mattifier has a slight muddy tint to it. The lipgloss is ordinary. The mascara isn't any different than regular,nonlengthening mascara. I hope if Cargo decides on "hi-def" products they do so like Lancome and have a shade range.....one "size" does not fit all.

tina2579

Kuuip have you actually tried the products?
The powder and blush have pigments that adjust to the lighting situation and the undertone of the skin to be the perfect color for each person. The blush is AMAZING! I have put it on sooo many people and every single person loved it on them. It is a soft pink that is like a flushed cheek and nothing like the hot pink of a pepto!
I'm pretty sure that Cargo will have to come out with a darker set for deeper toned complextions at some point, but I think it is a great jumping off point! And it photographs perfectly and doesn't bounce back any flash or lighting at all! So I was just wondering if you had actually tried it on yourself or anyone else to see how the products worked or if you are just going off looking at the product?