High Definition For you...?

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina2579
Kuuip have you actually tried the products?
The powder and blush have pigments that adjust to the lighting situation and the undertone of the skin to be the perfect color for each person. The blush is AMAZING! I have put it on sooo many people and every single person loved it on them. It is a soft pink that is like a flushed cheek and nothing like the hot pink of a pepto!
I'm pretty sure that Cargo will have to come out with a darker set for deeper toned complextions at some point, but I think it is a great jumping off point! And it photographs perfectly and doesn't bounce back any flash or lighting at all! So I was just wondering if you had actually tried it on yourself or anyone else to see how the products worked or if you are just going off looking at the product?

Yes, I purchased the products. I would like to see lighter, more translucent powders. The powder was neutral but muddy looking on fair skin. The blush was horrible-straight out of Hello Kittyland. (My ten year old neice is playing dress up with it as we speak.The mattifier could come in a less muddy tint as well-like lavender or a pale gold rather than tan. Fortunatley it dries without too much of a stain. It is not as long wearing as Smashbox, Sephora, or MUFE or Laura Mercier mattifiers. There are enough Hi def mascaras on the market, I was hoping for something different (b day present to self) I hope they introduce products more diverse in the future. The lipgloss was quite thin....
It's a good introductory value, but it doesn't take into account that people range from practically colorless to ebony and "medium" is not the one color choice for all.

Kuuipo

To be fair, I purchased a kit for each of my nieces. It may only come in one colour, but it's not garish (even though the blush is pink pink, its too pale to be more than a highlighter on their Hawaiian Chinese complexions) and its a good deal, and the lipgloss is very weak in colour on its own so its very natural looking. I would like to see if this becomes a non limited edition product (powder, blush, primer) a shade range for all complexions-then it would be a very, very nice product.

missasoup

I would say that the color of the primer is ideal for all skin types especially for someone who is worried about their powder looking ashy or giving off a whitecast at all. The primer helps warm up the skin. It has not looked "muddy" at all on anyone that I've put it on.

mariecinder

So I finally got my kit. The Mattifier doesn't seem to do much for me, but I only used it once. The lipglosses are alright. The powder does make my skin flawless but it kind of looks cakey on me (I think I'm using too much powder products in general). The blush I love! Its a beautiful color and works well with my skintone.

NYDoll88

It sounds really awesome. I probably won't purchase it until I see it in person though. I love the idea of the powder!