• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Hilly's first TUTORIAL!! Rockocco Glamorpuss!! PIC HEAVY!!

Hilly

Ok I woke up today and was like, let's do a tut! I figure I'll give back to the community lol. I hope that maybe this will be helpful for yall.

The Goods:

SPF 15 MAC Foundation and Clinique Foundation Brush
Two Faced- First Face
Jardin Aires Pigment and 239 Brush
Satin Taupe and 219 Brush
Fertile and 219 Brush
Shroom with a wide eyeshadow brush by Sonia Kashuk
Charcoal Brown with 266 brush
Black track FL with 209 Brush
Zoomlash
Knight Devine with a flat brush
Shimpagne with 129 Brush
Rockocco LS
Some pink clinique lippe

And of course...PATIENCE
winks.gif

thegoods.JPG

Eww Nakkie Face!

thegoods1.JPG

Ahhh some foundation just on cheeks and nose (to help the red)

thegoods2.JPG

Next, my favorite base in the world by Two Faced- First Base. I love it better than UDPP! Ohhh blasphemy!

thegoods4.JPG

Now using the 239 Brush and Jardin Aires all over my lids. Not too much into the crease tho.

thegoods5.JPG

Next step IMHO is what makes the look. I use the 219 Pencil brush to outline my crease and go next to my bottom lid (to make sure their is symmetry) The 219 Brush is a fantastic investment if you don't know how to use crease brushes or how to find your natural shape.

thegoods7.JPG

Rock the windshield wiper move and use the satin taupe in your whole crease..not just the outer. Your hand should get lighter as your color progresses to the inner crease.

thegoods8.JPG

Tada, here is my face after using all that work! Kiddies, we still got more to do! Let's go!

thegoods9.JPG

Let's put a little Fertile in that outer V to give some definition and drama to our eyes!

thegoods10.JPG

Now blend on the crease with shroom all the way until you get under your eyebrows. This helps soften this look and make it so we dont look like hoochies!

thegoods11.JPG

I'm tired of these funky lookin brows! Let's fill them in. I normally wouldn't use this Espresso Brown ES, BUT Mac sent it to me for free so I thought it would be good for brows. Use that 266!

thegoods12.JPG

Thus far

thegoods13.JPG

I don't smoke, but I will say, this will be one SMOKIN look babes!

thegoods14.JPG

Gotta line! I love Black Track Fluid Line. So easy to use and get a great winged out look. Gotta look retro if you want to rock Rockocco!!
Pull your lid as TIGHT as possible and make sure your eye is closed. Also, make sure your fingers arent slick with lotion or hatever, then your finger and lid will slip!!

thegoods15.JPG

Ack! I hate when my liner doesnt look perfect. Well we still have another lid to go!

thegoods16.JPG

Lookin better!

thegoods17.JPG

Put that Mascara on! I love Zoomlash even tho a lotta peeps dont. Oh well. Use what you like! I'll still be your BFF!
BTW, can anyone put on Mascara with their mouths closed?

thegoods18.JPG

I dont like eye pencil on my lower lashes. I dipped a flat brush from Avon into Knight Devine and lightly lined the bottom lids and then put some light mascara on those bottom lashes.

thegoods19.JPG

I've come a long way so far from that ugly zombie girl with no makeup!

thegoods20.JPG

I don't know how to use an MSF but I thought I'd use it here for good measure. Tyra Banks said to use bronzer on your hairline if you have a big forehead. So I did that too with the MSF Shimpagne.

thegoods21.JPG

I love you Rockocco!

thegoods22.JPG

Gotta gloss up!

thegoods23.JPG

Holy Cow!! I am done!! And it's only 10:52 AM on a Saturday!

Have a great day yall!!

thegoods24.JPG

mommymac

Very nice, you gave some really good tips that I'll be incorporating into my routine, why did MAC send you free shadow, is it a perk of some kind?

Hilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymac
why did MAC send you free shadow, is it a perk of some kind?

I wrote to their customer service and told them about an experience I had at a counter and out of appreciation, they sent me a free gift. lol

Hilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhookie7
I love your tut. Where did you get that lipstick holder I see in the first pic? Thanks

I got it from the Container Store. holds 24 lippies for $7.99

daFilli

really pretty. u have nice teeth, really white... don't tell thats natural!! lol i'd be so jealous. lol

puppy_love_1041

gorgeous girl, gorgeous tut!
One thing, though - some pics are really blurry and it kinda interferes, maybe practice more with the cam to get close-up shots with no blur (the flower option)

entipy

Awesome!! And you are NOT ugly zombie girl with no MU. LOL.

I agree on the blurry pic thing. I know it's hard when doing a tut!! And frustrating. LOL. Play around with your macro settings on your camera if you have them. It helps SO much with close-up shots!
greengrin.gif

GREAT TUT, girl!!