Hiring Freeze

hollyberry84

Two more girls fired at MAC in Nordstrom in Utah. Based on sales. My friend is 5 months pregnant and they fired her bc of sales...yet she worked 18 hr per week. Compared to some girls who work fulltime. Its WRONG!!!
I feel bad for the managers who are FORCED to fire these girls. I hope MAC can get back to their once admired, artistic feel. It's all about the sales i guess.

baybehbekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyberry84
Two more girls fired at MAC in Nordstrom in Utah. Based on sales. My friend is 5 months pregnant and they fired her bc of sales...yet she worked 18 hr per week. Compared to some girls who work fulltime. Its WRONG!!!
I feel bad for the managers who are FORCED to fire these girls. I hope MAC can get back to their once admired, artistic feel. It's all about the sales i guess.

that might not have been all MAC's decision. i recently left nordstrom and i know they have been doing major cut backs. the company as a whole isnt doing well & a good friend of mine got her hours cut and she is a big time hustler.

its ashame they do that in general. but with the way the economy is there isn't much you can do
th_dunno.gif

Hennys

Miss Supra, I was just told yesterday, when I asked about upcoming events that:

"We do not have the freelance shifts available for the next few months."

hollyberry84

Yes I think it is a MAC/Nordstrom thing. Nordstrom cut back a lot within the whole cosmetics department. It just sucks when it is your friends that get fired.... but it doesnt help that she was pregnant.

pahblov

in Victoria, Canada, the Bay MAC counter is on a hiring freeze until July (when they may be accepting some summer contracts) but the freestanding store isn't currently on a hiring freeze... maybe the counters are hiring freezing, but the freestanding stores aren't??

Ambonee

I'm a freelancer and I worked last weekend for the NN event and the weekend before for another NN event. Both were in Macy*s. But hours are few and far between...unfortunately
ssad.gif