HK 90$ Sheer Mystery Powder Compact: worth it or not ?

SakurasamaLover

Yeah basically, I wanted to know what you girls think about it. I mean I know people are saying:- yes I want it or -Hell no, never gonna pay 90$ for a single item... but I never bought a mystery powder. So for people who bought previous version of it: what are the major ingredients and what is nice or not with it.
th_confused_new.gif

And about the compact; it's on the same frame as the monogram one so:
Did the people who bought it have problem with it? Is it sturdy ? Does it scratch easily? Does the powder leak if it's in your purse? Opening/closing device is ok?
Did the mystery powder broke someone out? You like it?

You know.. all info you have about that product. I mean for the price it's an investment.
winks.gif
I need to know more about that before I buy it or not.
Thanks all
amuse.gif

MissResha

$90?? pfffffft. unless its made with actual moon dust and turns your face into the face you've always wanted and gets you closer to Jesus himself, i'm gonna have to give this one a big hearty HELL NO. there's no way on earth. its just NOT that damn serious. eff that x11tybillion.

HustleRose

personally, i would be interested in buying this mystery powder. you know to try a new product from mac. but unfortunately it's severely overpriced and i can't imagine it's that amazing. but considering i've never tried it i really can't say.

MrsRjizzle

I cant do it. its not in me to spend that much on something i wont use much. especially since something new will come out a replace the love i initially had for in within a month or so....

Janice

I think the compact is geared more towards serious HK and MAC collectors. Sure it's great makeup, but they're counting on the collectors buying the kitty kouture collection.

I'm definitely getting it, but not really to use. I love HK and MAC, and this is just a great representation of the two. Later.

jjjenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
$90?? pfffffft. unless its made with actual moon dust and turns your face into the face you've always wanted and gets you closer to Jesus himself, i'm gonna have to give this one a big hearty HELL NO. there's no way on earth. its just NOT that damn serious. eff that x11tybillion.

haha this made me laugh. i second this! $90! HELL NO!

jenntoz

I have no problem spending money on something if I really like it(even if I'll never use it & only buy it to keep & admire it) When I first heard about the compact I was totally planning on getting it, but I don't like what they have done with HK's face(her eyes & nose) so I'l be passing. If I really liked it I would even have spent more than $90

SakurasamaLover

But what about the product itself, aside from the price? Is the mystery powder something like HD finishing powder or? with what would you compare it ? Is it a mainly silica powder thing like some others out there ? whole other thing? Useful ? Please tell me it's not glittery...

TISH1124

If you are buying it just for the compact I would say yes...If you are buying it for the product...NO...there is no powder worth $90 IMO unless it is guaranteed to make me look 10-20 years younger...with that being said...it is not on my buy list....

jenntoz

I really don't think the powder is anything special. I have it from the stylistics collection & never use it...it was just bigger then.

princessconsuel

im pretty sure you're just paying for the packaging with this one i'll bet the product is just like any other powder mac has to offer

.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha

PREACH!! Ain't no way... just ain't..no..way.

meeta

i was out on new years and i needed to use some powder to curb the shine and a friend let me use hers, which she said was mystery powder from mac (i dont know from which collection). it did give me a nice finish, but i dont remember it being different from any other good quality face powder i've used. if you spend the money, i think it has to be more about the collector's aspect than the product - which i cant fault - we all love to collect makeup in one way or another.
winks.gif

MissResha

i couldn't even pay that much for the compact because if i were to drop it and break it somehow, i'd wanna jump off a curb knowing i spent 90 on it. oh lordy lord.

abbey_08

apparently the mystery powder is ALOT smaller than previously, so its even more wasted money.

seriously with $90 u could find something ALOT more special. if u want something to make ur skin look good and u have $90 spare why not spend it on skincare product? if you just want a powder..i cant imagine its any better than any of the other powders mac does.

they are only charging $90 for the casing not the powder.

AND how scared would you be to use it after paying $90 for a face powder!? i saved up for about a year to buy a louis vuitton bag and once id been to louis vuitton and bought it...iv been to scared to use it incase i get it dirty o or damage it!! so it was a total waste lol. not exactly the same thing but stilll

xbrookecorex

Not on your life is it worth it. There is nothing mysterious about the powder. I got sucked into getting one of the Stylistics one and it was a plain old face powder. Im sure Claire's or Target has something that looks just like the compact, but without 'real' swarovski crystals. I guess youre paying for the crystals. Sorry Mac, but you're out of your freaking mind selling any piece of makeup for $90.

s0_fam0us

I think I'm in the minority here, but I'll probably end up buying it. I'm a sucker for all things Swarovski... I compromised with myself though and decided I could either buy the Rock & Republic Swarovski compact ($225), or this one. And this one's winning by a (surprisingly small) margin.

I'm ridiculous though.

MAC_Whore

Would I spend $90 for the HK compact? Here are the choices:

a) Yes
b) OMG Yes!
c) Hell Yes
d) Y to the es
e) oui
f) si
g) ja
h) da

Which one is correct? lol