Hot Kabuki Brushes!

stephbunny

ya...i saw these in the store the other day and was like "wow".
very fluffy! let us know about your expeience with them. i'm especially drawn to the super big round one.

noteventherain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
I can't get with NARS Brushes. they're so damned expensive, it's unfair.

that's what I'm sayin'! I liked a couple of the eye brushes but when I saw the price, I backed far away. same with Shu brushes.

MAC_Pixie04

and if you touch some of them you're like "And you're $50....WHY?????!"

i'd rather use mac/sephora brand silver brushes.

Miss Thing

Out of curiosity, did the term 'kabuki' brush come from Kabuki the MA ?

hmm.gif

martygreene

the term Kabuki comes from the fact that they are styled after traditional brushes from Kabuki theatre.

Ella_

Jemma kidd makes a brush just like the botan one, its cheap and really nice.
And most art stores sell 'water colour wash' brushes exactly like the ita one, maybe softer, but essentially the same thing. And theyre only $2 each. I use one for contouring and love it.

jenii

Those are really nice. If I were rich, I'd definitely get the big one! And the small one too, because hell, I'd be RICH! Unfortunately, I'm not rich, and I already ordered the Tarte kabuki brush from Sephora.
thmbup.gif

Kuuipo

I have the botan,it was worth the money,its the fattest,most dense bruse ever. It feels just like the top of a cats head. I just want to sit and pet it,its so sexy. It's goat hair,its soft,you can use it all over your body,it washes well in shampoo and does not shed.

kensbarbie1017

Im in LOVE with the 2 new kabuki brushes. They are the greatest most versatile brushes ever. Expensive, but worth every penny IMO

MsCocoa

I agree they are so expensive but they feel so soft, I couldn't part with the money but my friend bought one and she loves it.

Kuuipo

NARS is supposed to release new brushes. The ita brush is always sold out ....They are going to bbring the Ita and an Ita Kanbuki back. Ita is short fror Itabake. Itabake are traditional brushes maiko and geisha use to apply makeup.

nics1972

Take my advice, ladies.. STAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM THEM !!!! I have two of them.. I touched them and brushed them over my face and I HAD to buy them..
drools.gif
. They are probably the best brushes I have ever tried. I agree, they are super expensive, but try them once and you will see for yourself why..

So, if you dont want to be tempted.. stay the hell away from them
nonono.gif

lolz.gif

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nics1972
Take my advice, ladies.. STAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM THEM !!!! I have two of them.. I touched them and brushed them over my face and I HAD to buy them..
drools.gif
. They are probably the best brushes I have ever tried. I agree, they are super expensive, but try them once and you will see for yourself why..

So, if you dont want to be tempted.. stay the hell away from them
nonono.gif

lolz.gif

OMG! You just want to sit there with it on your lap and pet it. ....and then you will want to use it all over your body.....

nics1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
OMG! You just want to sit there with it on your lap and pet it. ....and then you will want to use it all over your body.....

Tell me about it !!!
lolz.gif

Love Always Ivy

NARS #12 and #13 are the most amazing crease brushes i have ever tried. i never reach for anything BUT the #12 to so smokey eyes. i feel its definetly worth the price. the nars brushes are so perfectly designed and balanced through the handle that you really feel like a pro.

if you do spring and buy ANY ONE brush, i def reccomend the #12