Hourglass Cosmetics

purplemaren

@Elegant. I'm nc15 (but pretty neutral), and I love mood light as a setting powder. I just lightly sweep it on with the ambient lighting brush, and it looms amazing. Makes me look less dead in the mornings.

brittbby

T placed her order from hourglass ethereal I believe last Friday and she still has not received it. That is why I'm waiting for sephora to restock.... -_-

Yazmin

I should have waited until these were in store to try them first. None of the three I got - Mood Exposure, Diffused Heat, and Radiant Magenta - show up well on my NC50 skin. The former two don't really show up at all and the third looks like an ashy pink on me. Unfortunately, all three are going back.
ssad.gif

I think I'll just try the idea of mixing my Radiant powder with some of my pigmented NARS and MAC blushes.

IHughes

I bought the palette at the time because of all the hype but I ended up giving it to my mum because the colours were too dark on me (except incandescent light). My mum absolutely adores the palette and I want to eventually buy one as a setting powder, but the right one for my skin tone.

NYCBeautyJunkie

I should have waited until these were in store to try them first. None of the three I got - Mood Exposure, Diffused Heat, and Radiant Magenta - show up well on my NC50 skin. The former two don't really show up at all and the third looks like an ashy pink on me. Unfortunately, all three are going back.
ssad.gif

I think I'll just try the idea of mixing my Radiant powder with some of my pigmented NARS and MAC blushes.
Was the veining on your blushes mostly blush, mostly lighting powder or a sort of balance of both? I had Radiant Magenta and have Mood Exposure; Mood Exposure shows up on my skin (I'm also NC 50) but mine is, like, 80% blush pigment. My Radiant Magenta was equal in blush and lighting powder, and that one is a bit too light on me and looked underwhelming, so I promptly returned it.

Yazmin

They were all a balance of both, though Diffused Heat's blush appeared a little more pronounced. Ah well, I'll either get a full refund, or apply it to some items from my Loves list, which I'm about to check right now.

purplevines

ssad.gif

Aw that sucks. :(

I think you will get a very similar (if not almost identical) look when you mix Radiant with your other blushes though!

charlotte366

Excited my Space NK order of hourglass blushes has shipped and they should arrive at my work place on Monday, 3 out of the 4 have shipped and diffused heat will be despatched when they get the stock in! Now all I need is my Muji drawers to arrive!!

charlotte366

Quote:Originally Posted by IHughes

I bought the palette at the time because of all the hype but I ended up giving it to my mum because the colours were too dark on me (except incandescent light). My mum absolutely adores the palette and I want to eventually buy one as a setting powder, but the right one for my skin tone.

I am pale like you but found incandescent to be a good highlight, dim works well as a very subtle contour when built up or a setting powder depending on the brush used and I fell head over heels in love with radiant, I thought I wouldn't love it but it makes the most natural blush or a light bronzer, I actually use this most days now and it completely knocked all my other natural blushes out of the way.

charlotte366

Quote:Originally Posted by veronikawithak

Finally got the shipping details for my ME!! It is supposed to be here on Wednesday (my birthday)!

can't wait to hear what you think team low buy buddy! I didn't get that one, but would love to hear how it looks on you! What a wonderful present to yourself!

veronikawithak

Finally got the shipping details for my ME!! It is supposed to be here on Wednesday (my birthday)!
can't wait to hear what you think team low buy buddy! I didn't get that one, but would love to hear how it looks on you! What a wonderful present to yourself!
I'll definitely come on as soon as I get it and let everyone know how it turns out!

It's funny.. last year around this time I had a way bigger haul around my birthday and this year I'm much more excited for my 2 items: ME and Rose Lily from FoF.
smiles.gif

NYCBeautyJunkie

They were all a balance of both, though Diffused Heat's blush appeared a little more pronounced. Ah well, I'll either get a full refund, or apply it to some items from my Loves list, which I'm about to check right now.
I think if the pattern is balanced and not leaning towards significantly more blush, these will be a problem for darker skin tones (NC50 upwards). It's disappointing, since the execution of a blush and the lighting powder create such a beautiful effect; however it's useless if it comes off as non existent or chalky on our skin.

Here is me with Mood Exposure; it's very soft and is a warm mauve color IRL; my work lighting often washes colors out quite a bit (Please excuse my brows! It's been so cold that I've neglected going to my usual place to get 'em done):

MissBeautyBunni

I think if the pattern is balanced and not leaning towards significantly more blush, these will be a problem for darker skin tones (NC50 upwards). It's disappointing, since the execution of a blush and the lighting powder create such a beautiful effect; however it's useless if it comes off as non existent or chalky on our skin.

Here is me with Mood Exposure; it's very soft and is a warm mauve color IRL; my work lighting often washes colors out quite a bit (Please excuse my brows! It's been so cold that I've neglected going to my usual place to get 'em done):

NYCBeautyJunkie

Thank You! I think, especially for WOC, that picking the swirl pattern in person may be the only way to go. Too little or equal amount will make it a miss for many otherwise.

Calla88

Kaori

http://www.temptalia.com/hourglass-ethereal-glow-ambient-lighting-blush-review-photos-swatches :D

elegant-one

SO Beautiful!!!!

Alysse011

Do y'all think Mood Exposure is similar to Tarte's exposed? Or are there other similar colors? Trying to decide if I have anything like it before I commit. Thanks!