How much do you spend per week/month on MAC Makeup?

macBARBIE

Just wondering how much you gals spend on MAC MAkeup every week/month? After reading the shelf life of makeup (which i never really followed) I'm debating whether or not I should still buy as much makeup as I'm buying now ($100/week) lol. During the semester I never have time to put on makeup at school or at work. Only when I go out on weekends! So my makeup lasts forever!

Love Always Ivy

im an awful impulse buyer, so between constantly going into MAC and Sephora before and after my shifts at work and impulsively buying/swapping makeup online ... id say like $50-75 a week. its bad

my mom saw my makeup collection yesterday and was like "REALLY?! dont complain to me about bills ... and why do you have 10 different browns and 12 different golds?"

Randy Rose

I usually buy ~$100 per month, depending on what collections are released. Sometimes I spend significantly more (like with the last Pro update, and I anticipate spending more on the Matte2 and Mattene collections), but it evens out since there are months when I buy basically nothing.

vivaXglamlove

It depends on what came out and If I need it. I would say $100ish. I may hold off for a month to save up on an upcoming collection.

lobsteriffic

Way too much! It really depends on what collections are released...but I would say around $100-$150 a month.

jenii

I haven't actually bought any in at least a month or so. Basically, I want all the Flashtronic e/s, so I'm kind of holding off until it comes out.

jilliandanica

The last few months have been pretty bad for me. I've spent at least $100 a week :crap: but I'm thinking things are going to slow down since I'm not that interested in the upcoming color stories.

malialoke

I tend to go in cycles where I hardly buy anything in the fall/winter and then drop $250-$500 in the spring and summer.

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macBARBIE
To Ivy, i know i be doing that too after work!! its so tempting! almost 3 times a week! :X

its pretty bad when the sephora and mac ma's all know me by name and are expecting me to come in.

i probably spend more than i make at TBS.

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by malialoke
I tend to go in cycles where I hardly buy anything in the fall/winter and then drop $250-$500 in the spring and summer.

This is me too... usually because there will be a couple collections that are too similar to what I already have, or I just am meh about it... then there are like three collections in a row I am mad about and spend waaaayy too much. But it's all in good fun
cutey.gif

bebs

I dont really know, there are times like with all of you I can go a few months without buying something since I have all my basics but with collections like this.. stuff its gonna go up luckly after flashtronic and rushmetal there isnt much of anything that I want till McQueen and thats about 2 months away
smiles.gif

ledonatella

Depends on the collection, Rushmetal/Flashtronic I spent $200 today but Moonbathe I bought nothing and C Shock maybe $50. It depends on the money situation too, sometimes I have more fun money to spend
smiles.gif

ginger9

I used to spend hundreds of dollars a month. I got to a point where I had all the "essentials/basics" covered and then I decided to have an intervention with myself. Btw I will get pelted with rocks for saying this as this is a forum about our addiction to MAC
tong.gif
But I felt I needed to stop the spending. So I would tell myself unless it's really special and extraordinary (something that isn't close to what I own now) I am not going to get it because the reality is my makeup (with the exception of foundations and probably lip products) will probably go bad before I come close to using it all up. My money is better saved or spent elsewhere. *Repeat mantra until desired result is achieved*

So, its been pretty good since Barbie
smiles.gif
I skipped some collections entirely and bought one or two from Strange Hybrid and C-shock and maybe a couple of pans from the permanent line. However I think I'm going to breakdown soon as all the collections coming up for the year seems to be so awesome
thud.gif
May the force be with me!!

malialoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
I used to spend hundreds of dollars a month. I got to a point where I had all the "essentials/basics" covered and then I decided to have an intervention with myself. Btw I will get pelted with rocks for saying this as this is a forum about our addiction to MAC
tong.gif
But I felt I needed to stop the spending.

I don't think that's anything to be pelted about. Lord knows I could use a little more self-control when I get in my "must buy!" moods.
winks.gif

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by malialoke
I don't think that's anything to be pelted about. Lord knows I could use a little more self-control when I get in my "must buy!" moods.
winks.gif

I agree. There are more than a few of us here who are enablers with killer spending habits when it comes to "makeup". And I mean that in the most loving sense.
cutey.gif

lara

Maybe about AU$70 a month, and that's mostly in the form of powders, replacement foundations, etc.

The only time it goes up is if a collection comes out that I'm really in love with or can see being sought after in the future, then I'll go and buy a bit more.
smiles.gif

bellaetoile

i've been trying to limit myself a bit more, since i have SO much i don't use, just sitting around. also, i realized that with mac collections, i was buying more for the sake of having, than the sake of using. still, i'd estimate an average of $200 per month, sometimes more, and sometimes less. plus, when i run out of staples, such as wipes, studio fix fluid, skin care, and black eyeliners, it tends to go up, as it does when MSFs come out.

SmileyfacedPen

For me, it's usually only about $100 CDN a month, but it's way more if I'm having a particularly bad day. I haven't bought anything since C-Shock, because I'm saving up for a laptop, but I have a feeling that once Blue Storm and Smoke Signals comes out, my laptop will be much further from my reach than it is now.