How often do you clean your brushes?

LuvinMyMAC

I've searched for this topic and can't find anything, so please forgive me if this is a dupe question. Recently, I've gone from wearing makeup once every month to almost every day. I don't clean my brushes every day, but is there a recommended time to do so? All of my brushes are new and I would hate to wear them out prematurely because of over cleaning.

couturesista

I wash my brushes after every use. I have duplicates of them, so if one is soaking I have another. I don't know if there is a certain time frame for washing them that's just what I do. HTH

princess

Eyeliner brush-after every use.
Eyeshadow brush- after 2 to 3 times.
Blush brush-once a week

trip75

My eyeliner brushes after every use. They can get yucky. My other brushes it depends on how full of product they are. Usually ends up being once a week. Don't know If that helps at all but thats just my regimine.

Dianora

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip75
My eyeliner brushes after every use. They can get yucky. My other brushes it depends on how full of product they are. Usually ends up being once a week. Don't know If that helps at all but thats just my regimine.

Ditto.

Even though I only do a full wash of my eyeshadow brushes once a week, I do remove leftover color with a tissue after each use, so I'm not mixing colors.

I know some people have said to wash brushes every day, but I have this fear that my brushes will just fall apart if I do that. It takes so long for my bigger (and hence, more expensive and not something I buy doubles of) brushes to dry that I can't even see washing them every day to be feasible.

Divinity

Unless you want eyeliner caked on your brush, it's best to clean after every use. For all others, once a week with the brush cleanser (per Victor Cembellin MAC artist).

LMD84

i do a quick clean after each use but deep clean every 2 weeks (unless i'm super busy!)

newagetomatoz

Not as often as I should, and I'll leave it at that.
winks.gif

*goes off with head hanging to clean her brushes.*

nursie

in a perfect world, i'd light clean them after every use and really clean once a week

in reality, i only really clean them every couple of weeks

...shame....but my face is still intact
smiles.gif

DirtyHarriet

swipe them over a baby wipe after every use.

deep clean every week or two - depending on how often i've used them.

luvmkup

After every use with my foundation and eye makeup brushes. I just squirt a few squirts of liquid hand soap in my hand, and suds it up in water, and run the brushes over this. I clean my blush brush and powder brush about 1x/week with the same technique. I have had my MAC 239 brush for years (about 6), and I have cleaned it daily and it is still as good as new. The other brushes are all recent purchases, but I expect them to hold up the same.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Foundation, concealor, cream, paints brushes after every use.
Powders every few uses.
I deep wash all my brushes every once and a while. =P

pat

I clean my brushes everyday, no matter what. haha..

I deep clean when? Not enough... I think I should deep clean every week or every other.

I always deep clean when I get a new brush though, esp. the big fluffy ones

spectrolite

Some of them once a week but for others that I use with really dark colours, or liquid, or paint pots etc..I try to clean them before I go to sleep so they can be nice and fresh for the morning
smiles.gif

aimee

i clean my brushes after every use with Brush cleanser (i use a tissue or i have used toilet paper lol) and swipe my brushes over the tissue until they look clean

once every 3 weeks i clean them with baby shampoo and let them dry over night