How to grow longer lashes

JamaicanDiva2

CASTOR OIL!!! you WILL see results in only about 1 week! I dunno about lashes falling out, cuz everyone who i've heard of using it has worked!!!

I use it to grow my super sparse brows in too! It works SOOO fast! my bottom lashes touch my cheek now & my top ones touch my brow bone! People tell me I have the longest lashes they've seen. . . this is my secret! lol

It is an eye irritant so don't get it actually IN your eyes, but a lil on your lash line, or use an old clean mascara wand to apply it like mascara works FINE!

I get mine at the Health Food store, don't remember how much for a HUGE bottle, probably like $10-$15?! SOOO much more affordable than these hundreds of dollars ones and it works GREAT!

HTH

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicanDiva2
CASTOR OIL!!! you WILL see results in only about 1 week! I dunno about lashes falling out, cuz everyone who i've heard of using it has worked!!!

I use it to grow my super sparse brows in too! It works SOOO fast! my bottom lashes touch my cheek now & my top ones touch my brow bone! People tell me I have the longest lashes they've seen. . . this is my secret! lol

It is an eye irritant so don't get it actually IN your eyes, but a lil on your lash line, or use an old clean mascara wand to apply it like mascara works FINE!

I get mine at the Health Food store, don't remember how much for a HUGE bottle, probably like $10-$15?! SOOO much more affordable than these hundreds of dollars ones and it works GREAT!

HTH

i like this idea! i've heard great things about castor oil. ur lashes sound so amazing!!
smiles.gif
Which health food store? U mean like GNC? I have no clue where to get Castor Oil..=\

LaGoddess

I use leave-in conditioner spray on my lashes. I noticed they usually have the same ingredients as lash/brow treatments(just not in a gel-like clear mascara form), I just spray a clean mascra wand and carefully brush it through my lashes and my brows. I wouldn't say they are longer but they are for sure thicker and softer.

AliVix1

i know this is kinda weird but i tried vaseline on my lashes for awhile at night before bed and them seemed softer and longer afterward

Nena4

Try taking Vitamin B (Biotin). My dermatologist recommended it. Its helped me.

Also, my eyelashes break REALLY easily. Do any of you recommend any type of mascara that doesnt make eyelashes brittle??

Nena4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliVix1
i know this is kinda weird but i tried vaseline on my lashes for awhile at night before bed and them seemed softer and longer afterward

That definitely works too! I do it as well

user79

Somehow I doubt Almond or Castor oil would just magically cause longer lashes??? I mean how does that work, they are not growth stimulating ingredients.

I have to say that after over 2 months of use of Lilash I am completely sold on it. Yes it's expensive as heck but the tube will last you a long time because you only need a tiny amount, they say it's enough for 6 months but I think it might even be more. And the results really work, my lashes are so much longer and fuller and even my bf has noticed the increased length - that says a lot! I applied it to the top and bottom lashes once every night and saw great results after about 7 weeks. Applying mascara now is a joy! I rarely wear false lashes anymore.

Definitely recommend - this stuff works. There's lots of videos on YT showing the results like from the users: lanaindiana, filthygorgousmakeup, lollipop26

JamaicanDiva2

I got my castor oil at a Central Market store which is like Whole Foods. . . I don't know if they have it at GNC, I just recommend making sure you get it at somewhere that's like a health place, b/c it's also used as a laxative, & the one you get at the drugstore might not be 100% natural. . .

I'm not saying it "just magically cause longer lashes, however, if you do research on it you can find numerous cases of people saying it caused their lashes to grow longer.

I recently read an article in Allure magazine saying that some dermatologists believe that the main reason why some of these products work is simply b/c you're conditioning your lashes, as well as stimulating the blood vessels down there when you brush it on your eyelids, which could explain why the vaseline helps. . .

Just because it's not extremely expensive & packaged beautifully does not mean it can't work. There are tons of natural home remedies that work just as well or better than the super expensive, chemical -laden products we're tricked into thinking will change our lives. . .

HTH

user79

I'm not ruling out that it does work, but Lilash contains an active ingredient that is actually proven to cause lash growth - I have read that the ingredient is the same that is found in some glaucoma medicine which would explain the high price, and that many people who suffer from glaucoma and take this medicine have long lashes as a side effect. So Lilash used this same ingredient that's why it's pricey. It's not just because it conditions your lashes it's because of this ingredient. Heck I've been using eye cream for years and never noticed a growth in my lashes, even though that conditions them as well.

And, I'm not being "tricked into thinking" that it works - I can actually see noticeable results, and other people have noticed it as well. My lashes have never been as long as they are now.

But, whatever works for you! Castor Oil sounds interesting. I'm just stating my opinion on Lilash and that while expensive, yes - it does work.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'm not ruling out that it does work, but Lilash contains an active ingredient that is actually proven to cause lash growth - I have read that the ingredient is the same that is found in some glaucoma medicine which would explain the high price, and that many people who suffer from glaucoma and take this medicine have long lashes as a side effect. So Lilash used this same ingredient that's why it's pricey. It's not just because it conditions your lashes it's because of this ingredient. Heck I've been using eye cream for years and never noticed a growth in my lashes, even though that conditions them as well.

And, I'm not being "tricked into thinking" that it works - I can actually see noticeable results, and other people have noticed it as well. My lashes have never been as long as they are now.

But, whatever works for you! Castor Oil sounds interesting. I'm just stating my opinion on Lilash and that while expensive, yes - it does work.

sounds very interesting. i would definitely wanna try this out!! must save money first. maybe i'll get castor oil first and see if that works before shelling out $139!! it's quite pricey!

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nena4
Try taking Vitamin B (Biotin). My dermatologist recommended it. Its helped me.

Also, my eyelashes break REALLY easily. Do any of you recommend any type of mascara that doesnt make eyelashes brittle??

don't use waterproof mascara. it seems like it's more drying than regular mascara and my lashes have fallen out more often when i use waterproof mascara. i stopped using mascara all together. i just use falsies now.
greengrin.gif

JamaicanDiva2

Quote:

pardon me, I was not meaning YOU were being "tricked into thinking" this, I just meant in general WE ALL sometimes get conned into believing certain things, like about lip plumping glosses that promise to make our lips 300x fuller, or a mascara that promises 500x volume, etc. I know that there ARE lip plumping glosses that might work temporarily of course, but won't really make your lips bigger forever. . .

I'm really interested in a product called "RapidLash" now. I first saw it on the Tyra show and the girl who used it had the longest lashes i have EVER seen! It's pretty cheap too, only $50 and has mostly positive (95% at least) reviews on every site I can find it on. I'm kind of scared to use it tho, cuz some people mention eye irritation and darkening of the eyelid where it is applied. . . hmmm we'll see if i give in. . . lol

kimmae17

i bought lilash and started using it about 4 months ago. WOW my lashes are CRAZY long! i feel like at 8 or more weeks they will be touching my upper eyelid. i took before pics and i will try to take 4 week pics this weekend for you guys! it definetly works!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Somehow I doubt Almond or Castor oil would just magically cause longer lashes??? I mean how does that work, they are not growth stimulating ingredients

I used these two oils on my hair and they made my hair grow faster than usual so they must have something slight in them..

I have started using vaseline as a makeup remover and it's defffo making my lashes look longer and feel a lot softer
th_wink3.gif

lafemmenoir

I don't doubt people are obtaining results but there are so many lash growth products on the market, I worry going broke in an effort to find what "works" for me. I think castrol lubricates the lashes therefore it's like how conditioner works on hair, hence growth. But our lashes have cycles so do these products increase the growth phase? Do you have to use them forever since your lashes will eventually fall out. Hmm...glad some people are getting results but some even got results from Ardell which is less than 4 USD. I thought Lilash did not have the ingredient which was recently FDA approved "Latisse" ? I understand your point JaimaicanDiva2 there are a lot of natural non pharmaceutical items which work with our body's own system.

kimmae17

i have used the ardell one, lipocils ( one from sephora) and now lilash. my lashes improved slightly with the first two , but the results from lilash are like 10 times better! it does have the same glaucoma ingredient as latisse. and yes it increases growth phase so if you stop using it the results will stop, but thats the same with all last products

lafemmenoir

*update* I researched on Makeupalley since I don't really follow reviews from YouTube. So, the two active ingredients are plant extracts from the lupinus albus see (protein) and prunus amygdalus (almond oil). I read a lot of posts and it appears Lilash is for eyelashes what protein and moisturizers are to hair. I encourage you to research there and also read about the castor oil, it's interesting and informative, again good luck
smiles.gif

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmae17
i bought lilash and started using it about 4 months ago. WOW my lashes are CRAZY long! i feel like at 8 or more weeks they will be touching my upper eyelid. i took before pics and i will try to take 4 week pics this weekend for you guys! it definetly works!

pictures would be much appreciated! i love the feedback i'm getting from this thread! thank u so much.
smiles.gif
i value your girls' opinions over commercials and ads.
greengrin.gif