Huh? Orange under my eye?

OohJeannie

Hey all,

Yesterday I was at the MAC counter in Queens Center Mall, NY & decided to have one of the MA's try out something Ive seen here on Specktra... Wearing orange l/s under your eye to get rid of dark circles...

Wow lol I never thought this could happen..Ive had dark circles since I was a kid.

Here's sort of a before/after photo. Which eye do you think has the orange l/s (So Chaud)?

1zdag53.jpg

11so3u9.jpg

Its the right eye
smiles.gif
I think it works. Just wanted to share that with you guys.

LMAO I was not serious about the l/s on my lips...my little bro looked at me like I was nuts!! Half 'Girl About Town' and half 'So Chaud'

Thanks for looking
smiles.gif

OohJeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieann07
I'll have to try this...

Oh you should... The MA said this could look great or go terribly wrong lmao... So after you moisturize ur undereye area just dot on maybe two dots of the orange l/s and add a dot of undereye cream with it and blend. Then put ur regular concealer over.
choochoo.gif

purrtykitty

It works like a color wheel...use opposite colors to cancel out the bad. That's why green concealor is for redness, yellow for purple, and orange for blue. Since dark circles tend to be bluish, then that's why the orange works. Orange probably works well for darker skintones, but if you're really pale you'd be better off with an apricot/peach color.

BTW, I love your lips...so fun!

OohJeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassdoll
WOW... i think the orange lipstick actually works... I wonder if it works for all skintones.

Hmm I would think so...it just has to be matte. The way the MA explained to me was all it does is counteract the blues in the undereye circles.
yes.gif

OohJeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
It works like a color wheel...use opposite colors to cancel out the bad. That's why green concealor is for redness, yellow for purple, and orange for blue. Since dark circles tend to be bluish, then that's why the orange works. Orange probably works well for darker skintones, but if you're really pale you'd be better off with an apricot/peach color.

BTW, I love your lips...so fun!

Oops didnt refresh quick enough lol

What she said lol
yes.gif

Thanks lol Now Im starting to like the funky lips too lol

OohJeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
i like this....the bold lips don't look bad. and you're really pretty

Thank you my fellow Jersey-ite...Jersey-an lol
Wow...can u tell Im incredibly bored. SMH

Graziella*K

Wow is does make a difference !!! ^_^'

That's so cool because I sometimes have "blue circles" under my eyes and orange is the opposite of blue in the color weel !!!

I'd love to find it a concealor palette though ... not sure about the lipstick feel !

xoxoGraziellaxoxo

makeba

oh snap!! i was hoping someone would try the orange lippie trick under the eyes. looks good and your pretty

mommymac

What's the color name of the orange l/s you used. I ordered the orange lipmix from the website, it works great but it's liquid and can get a little overwhelming.