I am in love with the Mineralize Skinfinishes

LionQueen

I ordered So Ceylon from the Nordstroms website and got it recently (they didn't have it on the MAC site), and I was just amazed and how it made me look - it looked so natural, even though it seemed a bit 'much' in the pan. I've been using it every single day - I even bought a new brush to put it on with. That wasn't enough though... it's so pretty, I wanted a more pink version of it, and I also wanted a lighter one...so I went back to the Nordie's website this am and ordered Petticoat and Soft and Gentle. Plus my trip to the CCO, I've spent WAY too much money on makeup lately, and I really have to be done for a while now, new collections or not. Seriously, no more new makeup til at least March. My Urban Decay Velvet Rope eyeliner set came today and I'm thrilled with them too
smiles.gif

But yeah - is anyone else addicted to these Skinfinishes? They're a tad on the expensive side, but I find that they honestly live up to the hype and really do what they're supposed to. I can't wait to get my other two
greengrin.gif

Blushbaby

I'm not 'addicted' - personally I think a lot of them are too similar and you only need a few. A lot of them look the same IMO which is why I've only limited myself to Shooting Star, Light Flush and Gold Spill ...and I'm gonna get the Brunette one from BBR.

I wanna swap my Gold Spill for a Gold Deposit though and get my hands on Metal Rock and then I'll be done.

Oh I have a few of the MSF naturals too cos I love the look they give me over foundation.

I have a friend who collects them though.

LionQueen

Ahh dammit, you just reminded me of BBR. I want the redhead one, being a redhead and all. Ok, after I get that, I'm really done.

I agree there do seem to be a lot of them though - I can't imagine needing them all. I thought about getting Gold Deposit but I thought it might be a bit much for my skin tone. Whats the difference between Gold Deposit and Gold Spill?

MissResha

i have gold spill...and its an appropriate name for it because the glitter in it spills everywhere. its a very messy MSF.

i need Gold Deposit too.

i've seen a few ppl on here selling Metal Rock for like, over 50 bucks. sorry, no can do lol.

splattergirl

thought of getting some but not sure how it would look on my NC15 skin, I currently don't go out in the evening so for the day I'll experiment a bit with irridescent pressed powder or what I got today, a richmetal highlighter (Female), I don't wear blush either and I presumed MS work kind of like a blush, only more glittery
smiles.gif

xxAngelxx

I love MSFs too. I have Petticoat, Warmed, Light Flush, Northern Light, and New Vegas. I just ordered Blonde, Redhead, and Soft & Gentle. They're beautiful and I wear one almost everyday. I'm so excited to try my new ones out!

GlamQueen21

I own So Ceylon, Gold Deposit and Petticoat! All of them are so amazing, especially So Ceylon. The dome shape on there is starting to get flat since I've used it alot. They still have So Ceylon online. It's under Powders section when you click on Mineralize Skinfinish and it's there.

AdlersMommy22

i finally figure out how to use these damn things.. Ive been using petticoat the last few days with my 168 brush to highlight and i find it gives me that "glow" that i gave up switching from hyperreal foundation to studio fix. I <3 it.

nunu

I love them!! So far i own New vegas, so ceylon, light flush, petticoat and global glow. I'm looking for warmed right now and will also be purcading the red head msf.

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I'm looking for warmed right now ...

If you're in the UK at the moment you might find Warmed at the CCO in Portsmouth (if that's near you). They had loads when I went there in December.

I love MSFs and the way they make me look so radiant
drools.gif
I wear So Ceylon every day to work as a highlight. I've lost count of the number of times people have told me I look healthy and glowy. Yay MSFs!!!
thmbup.gif

LionQueen

My Soft and Gentle should be here tomorrow...Petticoat the day after, and I just ordered the Redhead MSF from mac.com, so that should be here next week
smiles.gif
Then no more makeup buying for me for a while. *nods*

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
If you're in the UK at the moment you might find Warmed at the CCO in Portsmouth (if that's near you). They had loads when I went there in December.

I love MSFs and the way they make me look so radiant
drools.gif
I wear So Ceylon every day to work as a highlight. I've lost count of the number of times people have told me I look healthy and glowy. Yay MSFs!!!
thmbup.gif

yes, global glow does that for me
smiles.gif
isn't it great! i love them. even though my Gold Spill is literally a gold spill, i still love it. once i brush off all the glitter residue lol. i love them because none of them are too dark or too light for me. so kudos to MAC for gettin that right!

LionQueen

I got my Soft and Gentle today, and it's my favorite so far - I have really pale skin and I love how it just makes my skin look nice and dewy and like it has an inner glow to it. I LOVE this stuff - I'm so glad Soft and Gentle is going to be permanent - if not I'd probably go right to the MAC site and get a back up right now - I like it that much.

Petticoat to be delivered tomorrow
smiles.gif

glassy girl

I love love them i own about 12 different ones or so and i personaly think they all look different there all so uniqe.

Shadowy Lady

I only have Petticoat right now but I used to also have New Vegas but I gave that away coz it was too glittery.

I personally think MSF's are overrated. I prefer the compact beauty powders and loose beauty powders to MSF's

LionQueen

Got my Petticoat today - omg, it's sooo pretty. I thought the others were good, but Petticoat is even better - it looks really nice on my pale skin w/red hair. Loves it
smiles.gif

vivaXglamlove

I love love skinfinishes. They just the perfect color and glow. I have been collecting skinfinishes since lingerie.
I have collected: So Ceylon, Gold Deposit, Soft and gentle, gold spill, warmed, naked you, petticoat, lightscapade, new vegas, light flush, northern light, shooting star, porcelain pink, and shimpagne.

Kiwiberries

I
heart.gif
MSFs, particularly the Redhead MSF from BBR.

For those who have Light Flush and Petticoat, do you think there is much of a difference between the two? They look really similar to me and I am thinking of returning the petticoat I just got because of how similar they look next to each other.

vivaXglamlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiberries
I
heart.gif
MSFs, particularly the Redhead MSF from BBR.

For those who have Light Flush and Petticoat, do you think there is much of a difference between the two? They look really similar to me and I am thinking of returning the petticoat I just got because of how similar they look next to each other.

I find petticoat to have more of a dark raspberry color to it while lightflush is more pink.
I found this on MUA for you:
http://makeupalley.com/account/pic.a...t%20lightflush

xxAngelxx

So I got my Soft & Gentle this week. I am in love! Its a gorgeous sheer pink and it gives me a great glow. <3