i am so upset about MAC

xocrlox

i was arrested but i didnt get a YO and had to pay $2500 for it to be sealed from a different lawyer. It hasn't showed up only law officials can see it and have been working at Victorias secret as a beauty consultant and now it did show up for MAC the job i really wanted. I called my lawyer that sealed (expunged) it, only bc i have nothing on my record and i haven't since and he is trying 2 get back to me and look into it on why it showed up.

I never checked the box i was arrested bc it wasn't suppose to show up anymore, and it is just a sensitive thing for me i jsut feel embarassed.

thanks for ur input guys it really helped! ill let u guys now what it said in teh letter they sent me. As for now i am just practicing more and more, at least i know im MAC potential. I will practice and practice and learn more from this site! Thankls for all your positive feedback :)

davidsito987

So i love reading this site and i have been shopping at MAC for so long, and decided to strat going to cosmetology school. I applied at MAC, went for my demo, had a phone interview, and got the job! Part Time permanent for 15 hours a week! I was so happy but...

So sorry to hear that
ssad.gif

How long before they actually hired you until your manager called?

xocrlox

just a few days later, i am trying to get in touch with human resources, maybe they can help. They hired me and i guess it came through but i got my papers tehy were supposed 2 send me and it stated about my record.

I had to file different papers n it will take a couple of years and money for it to be sealed. I just wish they would have given me a chance and not judged me on that, that i had a stupid arrest :-(

Ruby_Woo

I don't think they are judging you, but its just a policy the company has. Why didn't it get sealed the first time around if you payed for it? You should ask your lawyer what exactly did you pay him/her if it still showed up.

Good luck and I hope it gets taken care of. Can you still freelance at least?

xocrlox

i misunderstood, i got a certificate of relief at the time. It is a certificate that shows u are able to work. i didnt really understand that, but i am trying 2 contact them and let them know that i have that to shows i am 'rehabilitated'. now i am filing to get it sealed but it will take a few years at least. I have been playing phone tag with HR so i am waiting to hear from them tomorrow :)

Loirt

Good luck, sweetie!
I hope everything will turn out for the best, and that they'll rehire you
Don't give up! and keep us updated.
smiles.gif

shadowaddict

It might depend on if was listed as assault or something else, just as if it shows up a felony or a misdemeanor. The wording can make a huge difference.

My son got a DUI at 18 in his first year of college. He is pushing 26 now and it still haunts him. He wants to be a firefighter so bad but he can‘t. He is a US Marine and fought in Iraq for his country but he can‘t be a firefighter. Apparently you can be the president of the United States with a DUI but not a firefighter, It all seems fu*king crazy to continued to be punished for the stupid things you did as a teen.

Good Luck! I wish the best.

COBI

Is it possible that it is not the record but the fact that you didn't disclose it on the application? Most applications I've seen do contain a question about arrests/convictions.

Lying on an application is almost always a terminating (or non-hiring) offense for employers. So, it may not have been the record itself that caused the rescinding of employment.

I know that you thought the record was sealed but to them, they would only know that you didn't answer truthfully based on what they received.

Good luck clearing it up and trying to get back to MAC.

xocrlox

i know u are 100% right. At least i knwo for future jobs. I was at work all day but hopefully i can get in contact with them tomorrow