I didn't get the job!!

slvrlips

You are so right ... I have decided to do a lot more practice and then try to freelance at different lines like BB, Smashbox, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
I just wanted to add that as much as well all love MAC, it is not the be-all-end-all of cosmetics retailers....if conservative is more your style, maybe you wanna try BB or something like that-just to get yourself a paycheck in the meantime.

(and since BB is a Lauder company, when you have gotten rid of those nerves, it's way easier to transfer into MAC...and not to mention you can still get a discount. I know the pro discount is better than the eployee discount, but if there is a company store in your area, you can get 50% off there)

JoyHollywood

Me either! Don't Give Up! I've been a makeup artists for years and I have to fight for each job I want. I can't believe how much I've learned & grown since I first started. I have my second makeup application one week ago. I was nervous and I also messed up my wing eyeliner. I knew it too! You have so little time to show them your talents & skills but I knew right there no matter what my résumé states or how much I can do I knew little mess up would cost me. I've been beating myself everyday but I keep practicing everyday to get better so when I reapply I can calm down and nail the look they want to see.