I wanna look pearly?

Larkin

I just saw the final episode of The Search For The Next Pussycat Doll, and I loved the girls cheek color. It looked "pearly".
hmm.gif

How do I get this look? Would the various shimmer stripe products from Milani, Bobby Brown, & Physician's Formula work? I would be a something42 in MAC, and I have a yellow undertone.

Oh, I also have a few blushes that I really like the color of. Is their something I can use with them to get this look?

Thanks

flowerhead

A shimmery powder wont create a 'pearly' effect, try a liquid highlighter.
Benefit's High Beam is a gorgeous pearly pink liquid highlighter, but I'm not sure if it would flatter your yellow-based skin, so try their 'Moon Beam', it has the same effect but it's a golden pink.

saniyairshad

MAC Glimmershimmers create pearly cheeks.
I would also suggest MSFs they make my cheeks look pearly esp Lightscapade

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Ummm I find that the beauty powders give me a bit of a pearly look. If its not enough, you could put an iridescent powder over top... Also, try the glimmershimmers.

Fairybelle

MAC MSF!! Those get you that 'pearly' sheen instantly! Try Shimpagne, which gives you a golden, slightly silvery sheen.

Larkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
MAC MSF!! Those get you that 'pearly' sheen instantly! Try Shimpagne, which gives you a golden, slightly silvery sheen.

They don't sell that anymore.
ssad.gif

Larkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
A shimmery powder wont create a 'pearly' effect, try a liquid highlighter.
Benefit's High Beam is a gorgeous pearly pink liquid highlighter, but I'm not sure if it would flatter your yellow-based skin, so try their 'Moon Beam', it has the same effect but it's a golden pink.

I just searched for 'Moon Beam'. It's $22 for .45oz which = too much for me.
ssad.gif
Thanks though.

MAC_Whore

I second the MSF in Shimpagne if you can get your hands on one. I top off my blush with Shimpagne every day and achieve that look you are seeking. Try ebay for Shimpagne, perhaps. Consider Nars Multiple stick in Copacabana as well. Nars also has a highlight powder blush as well. I haven't tried it, but it could have potential.

There is also the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks and Laura Mercier Shimmer Blocs.

Another trick for the all over glow (and I mean glow, not sparkle) is adding a bit of MAC vanilla pigment to your Fix+ spray. Spritz your face when you are done with your makeup. Gorgeous!

HTH
smiles.gif

dmenchi

HI! you can use eyeshadows like crystal, seedy pearl or naked lunch...
naked lunch is my fave for highlights!!

Fairybelle

For a super CHEAP glow while you wait for the new MSF collections to come out, try Milani Glimmerstripes. They are a cheap version of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks and add a nice 'glow' to the face. A bonus: you can apply each stripe as an eyeshadow, or blend with a big fluffy brush as a highlighter. HTH!!

YvetteJeannine

I love the dewy, glowy look as well...Here are some of the things I use (an * means they are L/E items..but not always totally unavailable, hence my reason for listing them)
smiles.gif

*Glimmershimmers: Many of these are still 'around'....And they are frequently included with collections, so even if you can't find one now, you'll not need to wait long; MAC will introduce one in a collection soon, I'll bet. I love the Barbie Loves MAC G/S, and RITZY is a nice one, too...

*LUNE Cremeblush: This was released last year with the Lure collection..too bad it was L/E...this is amaaazing stuff!

*Beauty Powder: Yes, these too are L/E; but also released frequently...Disclaimer: You MUST use a "Pearl" finish BP, or you will not get the pearly finish you are seeking
smiles.gif

Cremeblush: MAC makes many "Pearl" finish Cremeblushes...so, you are really getting two uses out of one product: A blush, AND a Illuminator.

There are many other products out there that will give you that glowy effect...Even though Benefit's stuff IS pricey, it's worth it...If that's the effect you REALLY desire, then you should spend the money on it..like someone said, a little goes a looooong way. The bottle will likely last you a year. Sometimes a little investment it worth it..especially in your appearance
smiles.gif

Check out SEPHORA's web site..they have a specific category just for Illuminator-type products..and they're not
all so expensive you'll need to take out a Home Equity Loan
smiles.gif
I suggest you try that, you'll be amazed at the plethora of products out there designed for this very purpose
smiles.gif

Larkin

Thank you Yvette

Another question: I have very oily skin. Is it wise for me to use a cream or liquid product to get this look? My cheeks don't get shiny like my T zone but they still get a little oily.

j_absinthe

I've tried Revlon's "Skin Light", it's cheap and it gives many of the people I work on a nice glow to them.

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkin
Thank you Yvette

Another question: I have very oily skin. Is it wise for me to use a cream or liquid product to get this look? My cheeks don't get shiny like my T zone but they still get a little oily.

Sure...you can use a cream/liquid product even w/ oily skin...You say you have an oily T-zone (where most oily-skinned gals get shiny)...so just use very sparingly around the nose area....The cheeks should be fine to use a product like that on...

Another tip would be to use a powder illuminator before you use the cream...For example, MAC Beauty Powders in Pearl formula would be good for that...they'd get rid of any 'oily-ness' and form a illuminating base for the liquid/cream product...There are many good ones to choose from...NARS has a great sparkling powder...and in addition to MAC's BP's, they also have a Silver Dusk sparkling powder, and a gold one (each good for different complections)...Also, BECCA's pressed illuminating powders are amaaaaazing
eyelove.gif
...there's quite a variety to choose from, and they also come in a loose form...As you can see, you've got many choices
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

NARS Albatross is a great highlighter. I top off my blush with it everyday that I wear makeup. NARS Multiples in Copacabana, South Beach or Maldives would work as well. And Benefits High/Moon Beams are great products, it seems expensive for what you get, but they'll last you forever. Smashbox also makes "artificial light" liquid illuminators, and LORAC has oil free luminizing liquids. For an all over glow, mix a little of your luminizer with your foundation.

HTH!