I wanna look pearly?

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
MAC MSF!! Those get you that 'pearly' sheen instantly! Try Shimpagne, which gives you a golden, slightly silvery sheen.

they don't sell those anymore, but what about MAC's natural MSFs?

xiahe

oh and i just happened to be looking @ the victoria's secret website (and looking @ their makeup) and i found this face illuminator:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...537&pn=fal se

it's $15 and a hell of a lot cheaper than everything that they're offering @ sephora & MAC, so i think i might try this. and you can wear it alone or with foundation or mixed with your moisturizer
smiles.gif

sharyn

For the ultimate dewy glowy pearly whatever finish, I use CCB over foundation. Pearl is my absolute fave and I have yellow undertones as well, but I am kinda pale. CCB's come in lots of shades so you'll sure find something to match your skintone. They are longlasting and I love love love them because 1. when I use a CCB I dont have to worry about hitting the pan like I do when I use some super exclusive MSF. 2. NO GLITTER!!! Some MSF's contain too much glitter for my taste 3. a little goes a long way so with the 20 € (approx. price in germany), you'll have lots of fun.^^

The CCB's are multipurpose, you can use them for lots of things ( I use them for blush, on the lips, highlighter, eyeshadowbase, light wash of color all over the lid, you can accentuate parts of the body with them...) so IMO, they're an overall great product.

I totaly agree that with powder products, you can look shimmery or load lots of glitter to your face, but if you want to look pearly, liquid highlighters or CCB's are the best.

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyn
For the ultimate dewy glowy pearly whatever finish, I use CCB over foundation. Pearl is my absolute fave and I have yellow undertones as well, but I am kinda pale. CCB's come in lots of shades so you'll sure find something to match your skintone. They are longlasting and I love love love them because 1. when I use a CCB I dont have to worry about hitting the pan like I do when I use some super exclusive MSF. 2. NO GLITTER!!! Some MSF's contain too much glitter for my taste 3. a little goes a long way so with the 20 € (approx. price in germany), you'll have lots of fun.^^

The CCB's are multipurpose, you can use them for lots of things ( I use them for blush, on the lips, highlighter, eyeshadowbase, light wash of color all over the lid, you can accentuate parts of the body with them...) so IMO, they're an overall great product.

I totaly agree that with powder products, you can look shimmery or load lots of glitter to your face, but if you want to look pearly, liquid highlighters or CCB's are the best.

thanks! stupid question tho - do you apply the CCB all over your face or do you apply it only certain areas? how do you go about applying it? (fingers, brushes?)

sharyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
thanks! stupid question tho - do you apply the CCB all over your face or do you apply it only certain areas? how do you go about applying it? (fingers, brushes?)

Not a stupid question at all!!
smiles.gif

I apply the CCB under my eyes, on the cheekbones, not in the hollows of my cheeks. You could also say that I put it above the blush - I hope that makes sense...??

I also put some on my temples and above my eyebrows. I dont apply any on my nose, chin, jaw or forhead. This works best for MY face - you'll have to find out what works best for you by trying. There's a thread about contouring in the Specktra.net FAQ section - it's on the first page, martygreene posted it. I found it very helpful.

I use a synthetic fibre foundation brush. Mine is from artdeco but I guess you have your staple. You can also try applying it with your fingers, just make sure you blend it well cause you dont wanna walk around with a pearly streak on a matte forhead!!

HTH a little!!
smiles.gif