Illamasqua Discussion

Girl about town

im really interested in swatches, i can chime in swatches with any lipsticks etc that i get as planning a huuuuuge haul, obey and box are on my list, going to check out the lipliners too as they are meant to be mega pigmented!!

igswonderworld

Quote:
illamasqua-lrg.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
shockt.gif
I bought those today!

Oh would you please please please swatch them?????????? I just asked my dad to pick them up for me and I fear that he's not gonna be able to find any, so it's gonna have to be ebay for me, which requires me seeing some swatches first...

If that made any sense...

replica

Sorry MissChievous, I'll not post pics.
I got the rest of my order, really liking the solid colour nail varnishes, and under eye concealer, not to sure yet about the fat pencils or liquid metals, will have to play with them a bit more.

Tahti

Posted swatches of intense LG's, pencils and foundation stuff in the new swatch thread! Foundations are compared to MAC foundations.. Will do all the rest of my collection when more time is available ;D

ForgetRegret

I went to their website today...really lovely colors, everything looks amazing...I'm just so sad that I can't go look at it in person, because there aren't any counters in the US. Grrr. Also...um...what's up with all the GOOD colors being UK orders only????
ssad.gif
Makes me wanna cry.

Growing Wings

After looking at the swatches, I think I'm in love with Indulge Intense Lipgloss. I'm a sucker for anything pink, so I think that's a must have for me. I'm also interested in their light liquid foundation. I'm about a shade lighter that NW15 (select SPF). Does anybody have any ideas as to what foundation shade I should try. I can't wait to visit Manchester so I can look at all the products in person (and probably spend more money than I should!)

kabuki_KILLER

Oooh I want. I'll have to remember to go back there when I save up a few hundred. I really like those twisted false lashes in the Fantasy promo too. Where else could I find something like that?

Something that really annoys me is that some of the products are not available for overseas shipment. I really want some of that teal lipgloss. >.< I love the dark inspiration of this brand.

anita22

So I finally went to Illamasqua today!!!! Selfridges were having a lot of promotions for their birthday celebration today so it was mayhem in the store, but the counter was reasonably quiet.

I got a quad of 4 matte lipsticks, I'm very impressed with the quality - so smooth and really pigmented. And for 16 pounds I think it's pretty good value. I'll upload some pics and swatches in the swatch thread when I have time (maybe tomorrow). My one gripe is that the palette is not as lightweight as I expected, it's a little on the chunky side.

I also tested out the cream blushes, I think I'll be going back to get one, they were quite pigmented and really lightweight (no stickiness either), and they had a gorgeous coral shade that would be great for summer.

replica

Growing Wings, regarding the liquid light foundation, MAC foundations ( I have tried two) are too dark for me but I can wear their studio sculpt concealer in NW15 and I wear Illamasqua liquid light in LF120 and its a great match if that helps. If you want to try darker just avoid 125 as its grey tinged apparently !

kerasaki

I bought one eyeshadow from Illamasqua: it's the colour Dizzy, a light matte pink. I am in love. It goes on smoothly and it blends like a charm. I'm trying to control myself from buying more, but I'm sure I won't be resisting for long...

I also bought their volume mascara, which is quite decent, the eyeliner brush and eye sealer, and a brow gel.

carlierae26

I love the eyeshadows that look like liquid metal. But I saw a blurb that they can't mail it internationally just yet. For shame.

Girl about town

got my illamasqua goodies through and so pleased with them all, Swatches are in the illamasqua swatch thread if you want to have a look.

I am sooooo in love.

Obey lipstick is amazing its my favourite lipstick colour ever , its the lipstick i have been searching for all my life. Its Salmony, corally baby pink, like a more matt brighter version of Nars turkish delight, i love it, wore turkish delight over it today and it was
drools.gif

Bait pencil is gorgeous too so pigmented and smooth, its a really bright cool pink like pink noveau in liner form, love it!!!!

The pressed powder is gorge so smooth and finely milled, i got 205 which is comparable to NC25 in mac, the packaging is so goth and sturdy!!!

All in all love everything i got, going back for more tonight!!!!!!

Girl about town

got a few other illamasqua things when i was at the counter the other day, they were so lovely and my friend had her make up done, the girl was so friendly and approachable and recommended loads of spot on colours for her!

I got a blush called katie, its a really light pink like macs well dressed but way more pigment, i love it!!
Also bought indulge gloss which is super pigmented and bright, propaganda nail polish which is a dark inky,navy blue and really vampy, it goes on like a dream .

Got an eyeshadow called tempt, its a light pink/coral lovely and finely milled and lasts forever on the eyes.

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
Omg I totally agree about Lustres, gaaah! I always end up buying them by accident somehow after swatching them, and then when I get home/recieve them in the mail my expression is usually somewhat akin to this -_-;;;

I have the following L/S's - Obey, Box, Drench, Welt, Fetish, Growl and Strip..
Box and Drench are gorgeous pinks, Box is the brighter of the two, I think I have it in one of my FOTD's! Welt is a kind of plummy off-red, I would totally recommend this, it's fabulous. Fetish and Growl are purples, Fetish is amaaazing ;O proper vivid purple! Strip is a white L/S, which is awesome when I want to do proper nude lips because MAC Myth looks colourful on me xD

Seeing as a lot of people are wondering about this brand, I was thinking of doing some swatches.. any interest?

Swatches, yeah!

Latest posts