Illamasqua Discussion

Tahti

Re: Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation

Hey! Oooh lucky, I have yet to get up to the counter.. have to be content with buying online. What's it like?

I have the RLF in 105, and it doesn't change colour. Maybe mix it with another shade..? I used to wear a foundation that got darker as the day went on, and I mixed it with a white foundation, and the 50-50 combo seemed to stop it darkening. Or if your skin is dry, try mixing it with moisturizer? I'm not an expert on foundation-colour-changing, but I hope you find something that works ^_^

deedles

Hi Tahti! Thanks for your fast reply. And it's nice to meet another Irish girl on here!

The counter is amazing. I've been checking their stuff out online now for ages and was so impressed, but it's even more impressive to see the whole range in person! And the people working there are lovely, I personally found them more approachable than some other make up counters. The counter's right inside the door, beside Bare Minerals - quite a contrast! If you get a chance, I highly recommend a trip to BT2s to see it. Also, it's actually good value! The foundation is €24 which seems pretty reasonable to me.

I really like the idea of mixing the foundation with a paler foundation and the moisturiser. I think I might try mixing all three together and see how it goes. It would also mean I'd get longer out of it, and I could adjust it for summer/winter. BTW, did you find spreading or blending the foundation kind of difficult as it's so thick? Do you mind me asking what you use to apply it?

kaliraksha

Congrats Julia! You look insanely editorial... I looove looove your hair in that pic... almost as much as your makeup.

Um, I need to see this product ASAP... mmm time for CP requests.

pianohno

I'm so going to have to check this out - feels like i've been living under a rock for the past couple of months I've missed out on so much
ssad.gif

Tahti

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedles

I really like the idea of mixing the foundation with a paler foundation and the moisturiser. I think I might try mixing all three together and see how it goes. It would also mean I'd get longer out of it, and I could adjust it for summer/winter. BTW, did you find spreading or blending the foundation kind of difficult as it's so thick? Do you mind me asking what you use to apply it?

Gosh I NEED to get up to Dublin D: so much shopping to do.. so much money to spend on shopping but not enough to spend on train.. lol xD
I know, it's super thick! I have the Light Liquid Foundation too and I wear this for everyday now, and keep the RLF for nighttime.

To apply it I mix it with my primer (GOSH primer - how is the Illamasqua one?) and apply it with a small kabuki brush in little dots on my face, going heavier on the patched that need more coverage like my nose, then blend blend blend ^_^ it's kind of annoying to apply, but the results are worth it!

jenizzle

I got up to visit the counter in Belfast yesterday. They're only open a few days, so it was pretty quiet there. The ladies were just lovely, made me feel really comfortable!

I got some foundation, the light one in LF120 and I love it! It's light yet the coverage suits me. Also got two lipglosses, which are fab. One dark purple and one nude. No need for lipsticks with these! The rich foundation seems pretty thick, I'd never wear it.

I was kinda disappointed with the shadows. They're all matt, which I knew before going in, but they just didn't excite me. I think the NYX order I received a few days earlier didn't help there. I will give them another chance though. I got a cream shadow to use as a base, but haven't had much use of it yet. I didn't get to swatch the pigments yet either
ssad.gif

I'm just so happy that a cosmetics company has actually had the guts to make pure white and black foundations - cream, liquid and powder. It's refreshing. Definitely a thumbs up for the staff there too, couldn't have been nicer or friendlier (as was everyone in Debenhams there).

ETA: The MA used the matt primer on me, but I didn't notice too much of a difference. When i reapplied the foundation with Gosh velvet primer underneath, it looked splendid!

Claire84

I was at the Belfast one too and it looks amazing and the staff are so friendly! I think at the end of the coming week they have an artist or something coming in, but I'm away so can't be there.
ssad.gif
They'll be doing make up demos etc so if you're interested give them a call.
smiles.gif

Indian Barbie

So I bought two items from the Sirens Collection - they're just so gorgeous. I got the Muse nail varnish and the Soltice Liquid Metal. The nail varnish is a beautiful blue green colour and the liquid metal is a true gold colour that smells delicious. I'll post swatches when I can!
greengrin.gif

Tahti

^ I really wanted the gold colour of the liquid metal, but it's already sold out on the website!! ;( grrr. Nice to know it smells good ;D

I like the overall look of the Sirens collection, but most of it is just too bronzey for me..! But what can you expect with summer collections I guess..

Arisone

I wanted the liquid metal but its only allowing orders from EU countries.
ssad.gif

I'm interested in the Sirens (I love the bronze goddess look) and the Berlin collection.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisone
I wanted the liquid metal but its only allowing orders from EU countries.
ssad.gif

I'm interested in the Sirens (I love the bronze goddess look) and the Berlin collection.

They ship internationally. Email them.

magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Hey guys! Just thought I'd post this:

Myself and some other people have been featured on Illamasqua's website! Whee I'm so proud that Illamasqua deems my makeup good enough to feature on their website, their looks are such an inspiration to me!

You can see the feature article here:
Illamasqua - UK make-up brand for your alter ego

OMG, I am on their webiste too :-o Thanks for the link - I would have find it
cutey.gif

I am the one with the Q-Eye *lol*

Indian Barbie

wow you guys are so lucky! I can't wait to get down to selfridges when I get paid this month!
th_worship.gif

Also look at this limited edition nail varnish set to celebrate 100 years of selfridges!

illamasqua-lrg.jpg

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
wow you guys are so lucky! I can't wait to get down to selfridges when I get paid this month!
th_worship.gif

Also look at this limited edition nail varnish set to celebrate 100 years of selfridges!

illamasqua-lrg.jpg

shockt.gif
I bought those today!

jenizzle

So, I finally managed to get to the stand in Dublin. It's a bit of a let down, tbh. They had very few eyeshadows, none of the foundations were out on display, the MA's didn't seem too arsed and the manager was too interested in getting me out of the way to hang up a sign...
th_dunno.gif

If you can, get to Belfast or else order online.

Indian Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
shockt.gif
I bought those today!

OOOOH wowies!!!! swatch them on your nails please and i will be your best friend forever and ever!

user79

I won 2nd place in the Illamasqua contest! Yay!

OK so I get to pick 2 items, my choice between lipstick, lipgloss and eyeshadow. What would you recommend I try? I'm thinking of trying their opaque lipgloss although I'm tempted by the lipsticks as well. I want to get a really nice eyeshadow too, I was thinking purple, anyone had a look at their purple eyeshadows in person? Which one is the most vibrant/pretty? Or is there a stand-out eyeshadow I should try?