Illamasqua Discussion

replica

Hello,
I usually lurk here rather than posting but saw this thread. I received my Illamasqua order ( 5 eyeshadows and 1 brush) I've posted a picture on MUA ( not sure how to link it here). The eyeshadows are quite smooth and wear well with no colour fade but I don't think they are superior to my usual brands, I will say that the customer service is good as they were very quick to email me back with descriptions of the eyeshadows I was interested in.

edited to try and add pic

http://img.makeupalley.com/4/8/6/9/1265159.JPG

aziajs

I wish there was a counter here in the U.S. I just went to their Myspace page and took a look at their counter setup - I like it.

Leven

Im so lad that there is an edgy brand out there at the moment*even thoguh i dont have any of their products*

After watching Pixiwoo's videos on the brand i am soooooooo jealous of you guys overseas

I NEED Gender Intense Lipgloss and those Liquid gold and bronze things (plus everyting else they carry
yes.gif
)

I think i would faint if i visited their makeup counter lol

Rudyru

I accidentally placed an order. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

I need to stop it! But I sooo want the things I bought...I'm so confused.

I'm searching all over the website trying to find a number to cancel my order, but I can't find any! Gaaaah, I'm so screwed right now. lol I have to get my head together and stop panicking. Maybe when I'm more rational I'll be able to find the number.

replica

Now that I have used the shadows every day since I got them (apart from Heroine which I gave away) I am more impressed, especially with the cream eyeshadow texture and wear. The swatches are VERY bad on the site so I am passing on some descriptions given to me from Illamasqua which will hopefully help those buying online, I have put my comments in brackets.

Heroine - is a medium toned base brown - (I'm a cool toned PPP and found this too warm)
Feel - Is a very neutral beige ( I would say it leans towards a brown)
Spectre - is a pinkish grey
Gasp - is a slightly beiger version of Shiver (this is very sheer and the shimmer is minimal)
Touch -cream base colour ( this is slightly warm on me)

Ones I have not tried yet so I don't know if the descriptions are spot on.

Shiver - is an irridescent/ shimmer shot highlighter colour that has a slight undertone of yellowy gold.
Echo - a light matte grey -
Truth - brown for subtle contouring
Rapture - A very unique purple/pink/blue Its quite dark so would be good for contouring with pink or purple

Hope that helps, I'll place another order soon and post a pic on here when I get it.

jenizzle

Gah, I went to find the counter in Dublin on Saturday and it was nowhere to be found
ssad.gif
Maybe I'm just utterly blind!

Tahti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenizzle
Gah, I went to find the counter in Dublin on Saturday and it was nowhere to be found
ssad.gif
Maybe I'm just utterly blind!

I think the opening day for the counter is only today? (27th)

jenizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
I think the opening day for the counter is only today? (27th)

Gah, I'm such an eejit
th_mad0217.gif

Tahti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenizzle
Gah, I'm such an eejit
th_mad0217.gif

hehe no matter! ;D I won't have any chance to get up there to see it soon, so if you go, let us know how it's like/what are the staff like etc ^__^

user79

Hey guys! Just thought I'd post this:

Myself and some other people have been featured on Illamasqua's website! Whee I'm so proud that Illamasqua deems my makeup good enough to feature on their website, their looks are such an inspiration to me!

You can see the feature article here:
Illamasqua - UK make-up brand for your alter ego

anita22

^ Wow, that's really cool!! Your makeup looks so awesome there, nice job. (Hmmm, do you think this means you can hit them up for some product samples?
th_wink3.gif
)

I'm hoping to go into Selfridges in about 2 weeks time, I'm really looking forward to seeing the counter. I'm quite interested in the customised palettes especially. (Must... feed... palette.. addiction...!)

MzzRach

^^ well deserved Julia! I can see why they would want to feature you, you are truly amazing. Bravo!

user79

I haven't won the contest, voting is going on this week and the winners will be announced soon. They have just featured some of the entries so far.
smiles.gif

deedles

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation

Hi all. Have any of you used Illamasqua's Rich Liquid Foundation? I am very pale and when they launched here in Ireland last Monday I was very excited. I look myself into town today to finally get the right shade of foundation. I came away with the above in RF 125. It looks quite grey (if you look on their website you'll see what I mean) but matched me perfectly. I checked the shade very carefully and went outside to check it in daylight also and the match was perfect.

However on the way home I checked it again and it looked orange on me. I thought maybe I was imagining it or something and I took it off when I got home and reapplied it. Shortly after it turned orange again. I'm very confused. Am I doing something wrong because it is definitely changing colour? I have skin as dry as the Sahara and I can tell that this foundation is going to be very, very drying. Could that be something to do with it? If any of you could possibly help me I would really appreciate it because I'm in a leg cast and will find it difficult to get back into town. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I got their Satin Primer also and it is amazing. I love it so much
yes.gif