Illamasqua Discussion

Siobhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I walked past it last Friday (en route to MAC) and there wasn't a single soul browsing at the counter...yet MAC was packed (as always).

Ya, it always takes a while for new brands to take off, no matter how great they are. Alot of women who I deal with say they would always favour Mac even though they know little about make-up because of the noteriety that's attached to it.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobhan
Ya, it always takes a while for new brands to take off, no matter how great they are. Alot of women who I deal with say they would always favour Mac even though they know little about make-up because of the noteriety that's attached to it.

Yeah that I can understand. I don't think the two MUA's standing with their arms crossed and looking bored gave the best impression either though.

Rennah

This line looks gorgeous... I'll have to visit London sometime!!
greengrin.gif

Indian Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by magi
That´s the gloss...

It´s very creamy and thing and covers easily the lip color. It´s an "Intense Gloss". As it´s bit of less glossy I have to be careful with the application and need a mirror.

The bad thing is, that the applicator part is made of hard plastic. It´s not the kind of soft plastic like MAC Lip Gelees. So when I press on the tube, apply and then stop pressing it draws to my lip. So I have to remove it from the lip before loose the tube.

Could you swatch this for us please?
th_worship.gif

lipshock

Um, looks like I need to make a trip across the pond and head to Selfridge's (I love department store) because this brand is calling me like none other. I don't even care about the fact that the dollar is so weak right now. LOL. Obviously my love for makeup overrules financial matters. Hehe.

spectrolite

Looks absolutely beautiful. I love the gothic look of the packaging and the whole concept. I hope I can get my hands on some of their range soon.

nazia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
Um, looks like I need to make a trip across the pond and head to Selfridge's (I love department store) because this brand is calling me like none other. I don't even care about the fact that the dollar is so weak right now. LOL. Obviously my love for makeup overrules financial matters. Hehe.

The dollar against the pound is really good right now, so it'd be worth coming now!

Indian Barbie

I'm thinking about buying some stuff off the website but I wish the swatches were better! I really really badly want to buy some stuff!

Tahti

I LOVE this brand. Recently had a massive haul from them (£400+... bank balance says ouch, my face is rejoicing though xD)
They're opening a counter at some point in Ireland, I'm definitely trying to get work there because I love their makeup so much. It's so pretty! All their E/S's (apart from 10) are matte too - I adore matte makeup, its so hard to find nowadays!
Have an FOTD with some of their makeup here. Will be posting more ;D

magi

They told me, they have the bright shadows in matte and only several highlighters in shimmering shades, as they are perfectly blendable, so you can create the effect you want by combining a matte and a shimmering neutral Highlighter. I think that´s a great concept. Nothing new, but seems to be forgotten *lol*.

Frosting

The best thing about this, if it works out that way, is that competition for MAC would make them have to step their game and stay on point, which is good for us. If they had genuine competition with a similar range of products then they would have to put a lot more thought into the collections they put out; they wouldn't be able to get away with releasing products that are just dupes or slight variations of something they already offer. They would have to work harder to knock it out of the park every time. I love MAC, but competition in the marketplace always benefits the customers, so I'm all for it.

Their website says they have locations coming soon in Glasgow, Belfast, and Dublin. Neat!

Latest posts