Illamasqua Discussion

capmorlovesmac

I just had an email that the online shop is now open!
omg.gif

Illamasqua

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
I just had an email that the online shop is now open!
omg.gif

Illamasqua

I received the same email. A shame that the online swatches are pretty much useless, IMO. Looks like they have an amazing eyecolour spectrum, but I would not be able to make any colour decisions based on their site.

Probably a good thing, as the last thing I need is to get into a new line......
nope.gif

Stunning collection though. I love the concept.

Blushbaby

Urgh ..the website is terrible. It's so dark and not very user-friendly at all. I don't wanna feel like I'm taking a ride on a ghost train when I'm trying to buy lipgloss!

rosasola1

oh my goodness.... freaking gorgeous! I am a lot more attracted to this comp's promo pics than MAC's.... eek!

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenah2008
Anyone know the exchange rate to US$$ ?

Google helps
smiles.gif

For example type "10 GBP in USD" and you get the price in dollars. It is not 100% exact but it helps.
smiles.gif

Schneeweisschen

I´ll be in London for a couple of days in two weeks and I absolutely can´t wait to visit the counter. Their products look so amazing.

spacegirl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I received the same email. A shame that the online swatches are pretty much useless, IMO. Looks like they have an amazing eyecolour spectrum, but I would not be able to make any colour decisions based on their site.

Probably a good thing, as the last thing I need is to get into a new line......
nope.gif

Stunning collection though. I love the concept.

i agree. even adding color descriptions and finish details would be a huge improvement.

magi

I was there two weeks ago, but I found this thread now because of Schneeweißchen's advice. I was just passing by the counter and saw a blue shade of gloss and stared at it - I was asking myself WHATs THAT - and then I spend a while there :-D

A nice MUA showed my anything. I planned to go there a second time, but I spend so much money in London - I couldn´t afford to go there
lol.gif

Their eye shadows are (almost) all matte - only a huge range of different highlighters are shimmery. You can make every matte e/s shimmery by adding such one on top - but not the other way. So I think that is a good, professional base. IT´s easier to keep the overview.

The shadows are highly pigmented and have so many bright bright colors. But I have so many e/s, also bright mattes. This was the first time that e/s didn´t interest me at a foreing counter.

I was more impressed by the range of foundation shades. FANTASTIC! They have almost white and almost black and NEUTRAL SHADES. I was in heaven. I will go to London again for sure, but they told me, if international shipping is not available through the website: CALL THEM! They would send you from the counter directly, I suppose with CC.

The first range I have the FOURTH /FIFTH palest shade. At MAC all are to dark or just OK in NC15. The undereye concealer is super creame and NO WAND! Great. It´s a bit thicker that jar or wand concealers but still super smooth and not cakey like full coverage stuff.

The blushes are also available in ssuper bright shades - she applied me a super nice pink cream blush. I looked so nice, but I already have a similar color.

Finially: the quads are made individually on request and the pans are smaller that the singles.

The packaging is very nice, bit asia style.

As I planned to go there for a second time I only purchased a nice Gloss called "Absorb". You can see it on my FotD in my Blog. It´s German, but I hope you see the picture anyway
lol.gif

I got a small cataloque too. I will definitialy reveiw a bit more in my blog...

ambidextrous

why do I have to live in Austria... we always get things latest or not at all... the promo pics are really gorgeous

magi

That´s the gloss...

It´s very creamy and thing and covers easily the lip color. It´s an "Intense Gloss". As it´s bit of less glossy I have to be careful with the application and need a mirror.

The bad thing is, that the applicator part is made of hard plastic. It´s not the kind of soft plastic like MAC Lip Gelees. So when I press on the tube, apply and then stop pressing it draws to my lip. So I have to remove it from the lip before loose the tube.

Siobhan

I've been super intrigued since first hearing about this brand a few months ago and checking out the website. I'm moving to London in a month's time and their counter will almost definately be my first port of call!
It's such a good idea having a brand that is more specifically for night time make-up as I think there's too many of the 'natural look' brands out there in comparison.

slick

I have also heard the buzz about this line! I hope they do well so I can try it out someday. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magi
Finially: the quads are made individually on request and the pans are smaller that the singles.

th_drool.gif

ooooo, hopefully the pans are cheaper?

Blushbaby

I walked past it last Friday (en route to MAC) and there wasn't a single soul browsing at the counter...yet MAC was packed (as always).

Latest posts